Like mushrooms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like mushrooms

Dunno if there is some kind of enforcement push going on, or just free doughnuts somewhere, but this evening on I-35 between Emporia and Lebo I counted six KHP and Sheriff units stopped along the side of the road; that doesn't include any moving in the west-bound lane I mighta missed. Driven that route many times, never saw such a concentration of LEO vehicles. Might pay to drive slower through there for a while.

In the FWIW column, on the Turnpike between Topeka and Emporia, we drove the standard ~5'ish mph over the limit; got passed by maybe a half dozen vehicles like we were parked, plus the usual number that were going just a little faster than us. And to think some of the politicos want to raise the Turnpike speed limit.... Ace2
    Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Maybe there was a man-hunt for escaped murderers?
    The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
    I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Dunno, but I'm guessing it was the "free doughnuts"
      "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Working...
      X