Odd Balls Yarn Shop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Balls Yarn Shop

Much to my dismay, the Odd Balls Yarn shop in Newton, KS has posted (although it is NOT posted correctly). Their former location in Wichita had no signs. Darn it!

On the one hand I'm not surprised as from my experience (banned from three! knitting forums!!! for being a Conservative) many knitters and other fiber folks are quite liberal. On the other hand it's a small town in Kansas.
    "Carry your gun, its a lighter burden than regret, ~ Breda Fallacy
    Warrior Knitter You Tube Channel ~ 1,000+ DTDSC & CCPS IDPA, 3-gun & class videos
    Warrior Knitter FlickR ~ 450+ DTDSC IDPA & class photos

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni View Post
      Darn it!
      Now, how you gonna darn it if you can't get the yarn? eh? Realizing that Newton is a strongly Mennonite town it shouldn't be too surprising the cottage craft shops of all kinds are posted. Regrettably.
      Member NRA, KSRA, ACGC, USCCA,
      and a few others.

Comment

Originally posted by Warrior Knitter View Post
        On the one hand I'm not surprised as from my experience (banned from three! knitting forums!!! for being a Conservative) many knitters and other fiber folks are quite liberal. On the other hand it's a small town in Kansas.
        I always thought you were a trouble maker.

...but to get banned from three knitting forums?

Warrior Knitter, you've got the biggest yarn balls on this forum!
        "The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Comment

You were banned for being an overbearing, loudmouth, hardass.
          01/06 FFL $15 transfers and guns near wholesale

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these great and true principles~ Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Willfully Armed View Post
            You were banned for being an overbearing, loudmouth, hardass.
            Well, good for her.....

Have you approached them on the subject, and / or given them a "no guns ... no business" card.
            Last edited by Eagle; 06-23-2012, 21:07.
            * I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
            * Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."
            * For those who said we're "stupid" & "that will never happen", welcome to the real world. How are you liking it so far ?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle View Post
              Well, good for her.....

Have you approached them on the subject, and / or given them a "no guns ... no business" card.
              Notice the , she is none of what I posted.
              01/06 FFL $15 transfers and guns near wholesale

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these great and true principles~ Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Willfully Armed View Post
                Notice the , she is none of what I posted.
                I understood, but was giving her an "atta girl" .... LOL. Conservative women, and especially those who 'carry' and understand the need for protection, need to voice their opinion more... in my opinion.
                Last edited by Eagle; 06-23-2012, 21:35.
                * I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
                * Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."
                * For those who said we're "stupid" & "that will never happen", welcome to the real world. How are you liking it so far ?

Comment

It's a badge of honor.
                  "Carry your gun, its a lighter burden than regret, ~ Breda Fallacy
                  Warrior Knitter You Tube Channel ~ 1,000+ DTDSC & CCPS IDPA, 3-gun & class videos
                  Warrior Knitter FlickR ~ 450+ DTDSC IDPA & class photos

Comment

It's a badge of honor.
                    Wear it proudly WK.
                    My standing offer for people's "old" MRE's, $1 each for dark brown bags. $12/case $2 each for the sand tan bags (newer). $24/case
                    MAYBE, if they are 2010 and newer, I give you $2.50 each....... generosity.50 cents each for loose heaters. Where's those highlight video links mjkeat???????

Comment

But they have better yarn than anywhere else in a reasonable driving distance.... *sigh* Well, their sign is so poorly posted that I was actually inside, waiting for my purchases to be wrapped up, before I glimpsed it. Oops! And I guess that is a problem with a lot of places that have them taped to the INSIDE of the glass on very bright days... it just acts as a two-way mirror if it's darker in the store, so it's completely invisible from the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni View Post
                        But they have better yarn than anywhere else in a reasonable driving distance.... *sigh* Well, their sign is so poorly posted that I was actually inside, waiting for my purchases to be wrapped up, before I glimpsed it. Oops! And I guess that is a problem with a lot of places that have them taped to the INSIDE of the glass on very bright days... it just acts as a two-way mirror if it's darker in the store, so it's completely invisible from the outside.
                        Don't be a helper, if they are not posted correctly let 'em keep it that way. Concealed is concealed.
                        NRA Life Member

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility-Stan Lee

Comment

Oh, I'm not going to mention it...

Comment

UPDATE: October 2012

Much to my immense dismay, Oddballs has moved their sign to the correct position. Maybe they have a lurker on here? i am SO sad! (But the Newton theatre, in the same shopping center, was a very nice, unposted facility.)

Comment

Print one of these and lay it on 'em.

OH, and here's the back side.

Last edited by Tim KS; 10-16-2012, 22:46.
                              We are all given many opportunities in life to keep our mouth shut.....we should take advantage of as many of those opportunities that we can.

Comment

Working...
                              X