Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Move

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Recent Move

    Just moved to a new location in Wichita. (From one physical address to another within the City)
    I know I am not able to buy a firearm from a dealer until I get a DL with the new address.
    but can I buy from another Kansas resident in a private sale legally?
    thank you-

  • #2
    You can, until the Dems pass Universal Background Checks.
    Then again, it's a simple process to change your address, when time allows. Ace2
    Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

    Comment


    • #3
      You just have to provide a utility bill to match your current address until you get your license changed and you can buy from dealers. This is assuming you went online and updated your DL.
      Last edited by Dmog; 08-15-2019, 18:41.
      Its Dave, open up....Dave's not here!

      gladium habens libertatem habet

      Comment


      • #4
        Be sure to re-register to vote. Any move even within the same apartment building requires new registration. If you have a KS CCHL be sure to change that address too.
        The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
        If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
        I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Dmog View Post
          You just have to provide a utility bill to match your current address until you get your license changed and you can buy from dealers. This is assuming you went online and updated your DL.
          Sorry but, that is not correct, if, you're referring to just going online and updating your address change. That little printout you get afterwards is not sufficient to comply with the AFT law for address verification. The paper printout you get from the DMV licensing center is sufficient.
          B Allen Sales LLC
          Wichita KS
          Sales@BAllenSalesLLC.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Over40andA40 View Post

            Sorry but, that is not correct, if, you're referring to just going online and updating your address change. That little printout you get afterwards is not sufficient to comply with the AFT law for address verification. The paper printout you get from the DMV licensing center is sufficient.
            You may have missed my first sentence, The verification is the utility bill not the online paper. If it is not correct then the last 4 firearms I purchased using this method must not have been Kosher. Hope my FFL doesn’t have an issue!
            Its Dave, open up....Dave's not here!

            gladium habens libertatem habet

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Dmog View Post

              You may have missed my first sentence, The verification is the utility bill not the online paper. If it is not correct then the last 4 firearms I purchased using this method must not have been Kosher. Hope my FFL doesn’t have an issue!
              Yes, I did somewhat but, any utility bill does not suffice. In order to use a utility bill showing your current address for verification, it must be from a government entity. City state and so on. One from say, Westar doesn't cut it as they are not a government entity unlike say a city water bill.

              I only commented on this in hops someone doesn't think they are complying only to discover when they attempt to complete the 4473 they find out they are SOL on the spot.
              B Allen Sales LLC
              Wichita KS
              Sales@BAllenSalesLLC.com

              Comment

              Working...
              X