Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agree! Kick Boehner out!

http://www.redstate.com/2012/11/13/c...ith-paul-ryan/

House Republicans should think very carefully if the faux-tanned face of John Boehner is the face they want for their party in the next two years. They should consider Paul Ryan as their Speaker.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have."
    Barry Goldwater

Originally posted by rgroves
    If the anti's and their buttboys in the press were honest with themselves about the number of armed and angry Americans - they'd lose control of their bowels.
    Originally posted by Ace
    Birdshot is for hunting birds. Big buck or slugs for social work. If you're gonna use birdshot for defensive purposes, you might as well carry a .32 or .380 as a primary handgun, too. Ace2

I wouldn't disagree at all that Paul Ryan would be a great choice to be the Speaker of the House.

What I would be afraid of, is there are some in there they might pick, that would roll-over quickly for the o-man .... and couldn't handle the heat.

Paul Ryan, would be a perfect choice.
    * I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    * Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."
    * For those who said we're "stupid" & "that will never happen", welcome to the real world. How are you liking it so far ?

Comment

Kansas should have retired Bob Dole when he ran for President.

The House leadership walks along a steel picket fence with sharp spikes.

You folks should really talk to Phil Journey about the way he got the Kansas legislature to pass a lot of good laws, the path is not easy or straight line.
      The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
      If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
      I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Macklin View Post
        If my memory serves me correctly Bob Dole resigned from his office of Senator during his Presidential campaign.
        Guns kill people the same way forks make people fat.

Comment

The House leadership walks along a steel picket fence with sharp spikes.

You folks should really talk to Phil Journey about the way he got the Kansas legislature to pass a lot of good laws, the path is not easy or straight line.
          Jim,

With all respect, I was posting about the US House, not the KS House.
          "A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have."
          Barry Goldwater

If the anti's and their buttboys in the press were honest with themselves about the number of armed and angry Americans - they'd lose control of their bowels.
          Originally posted by Ace
          Birdshot is for hunting birds. Big buck or slugs for social work. If you're gonna use birdshot for defensive purposes, you might as well carry a .32 or .380 as a primary handgun, too. Ace2

Comment

Originally posted by Dieselkanic View Post
            Jim,

With all respect, I was posting about the US House, not the KS House.
            With all due respect, I know that. I actually know and have known US Senators, Congressmen and State legislators. They all work the same, just the the number of constituents changes.

Some Congressmen write a ton of bills on every subject. Pro-gun and anti-gun, pro-private property and pro-confiscation for civic use. The do both sides of the issue, every issue. Then when a letter comes in telling or asking about an issue the Congressman's staff selects the correct boilerplate issue letter, fills in the proper names and sends it out; "I sponsored the Bill filed this session to do just what you asked."
            Of course, there is a letter to send that is just the opposite.

Understand that a Leader has to be fair and have been around for several election cycles.

What they say and what they do can be different and neither is perhaps the true position.

To point this out, Ron Paul is always hard line and gets almost nothing done except to please his constituents so he can get re-elected. If they don't get re-elected they can't do anything.
            The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
            If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?

Comment

With all due respect, I know that. I actually know and have known US Senators, Congressmen and State legislators. They all work the same, just the the number of constituents changes.

Some Congressmen write a ton of bills on every subject. Pro-gun and anti-gun, pro-private property and pro-confiscation for civic use. The do both sides of the issue, every issue. Then when a letter comes in telling or asking about an issue the Congressman's staff selects the correct boilerplate issue letter, fills in the proper names and sends it out; "I sponsored the Bill filed this session to do just what you asked."
              Of course, there is a letter to send that is just the opposite.

Understand that a Leader has to be fair and have been around for several election cycles.

What they say and what they do can be different and neither is perhaps the true position.

To point this out, Ron Paul is always hard line and gets almost nothing done except to please his constituents so he can get re-elected. If they don't get re-elected they can't do anything.
              I beleive there are still a few that operate on principle and I believe I met a couple this summer. They will be serving in the KS house and in the KS Senate.

As to those in the US House and Senate, yes they probably do just as you say in speaking out of both sides of their mouth. And Boehner is a prime example. So get him out of the Speakers position and get someone who stands on principle.

Regardless, we need to hold their feet to the fire.
              Barry Goldwater

Originally posted by Ace

Comment

Originally posted by Dieselkanic View Post
                I beleive there are still a few that operate on principle and I believe I met a couple this summer. They will be serving in the KS house and in the KS Senate.

As to those in the US House and Senate, yes they probably do just as you say in speaking out of both sides of their mouth. And Boehner is a prime example. So get him out of the Speakers position and get someone who stands on principle.

Regardless, we need to hold their feet to the fire.
                I agree, the public servants need to be told what the people want. But the sad fact is, most people vote on a Tuesday every 2 or 4 years and then pay zero attention for 1200 days.

The Speaker of the House is number two in line to the Presidency. The Speaker has to keep 435 Congressmen and 1,000 staffers in line. He has some control over the minority party and a little more on his party.

Getting rid of a Speaker is not an easy thing to do. It can be done.

With the entire Democrat Party, the MSM and a few RINOs, they booted Gingrich, even though he was the architect of the 1994 Republican victory.

It was a setback for Republicans, Republicans tend to eat their own.

Comment

Working...
                X