Lost election, lost the HOUSE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost election, lost the HOUSE

The HOUSE was lost, as well the KS Governor. What needs to be done now!

Call all your U.S. Senators and politely demand the Senate act on H R 38 National Reciprocity now. It can be passed and signed before Christmas or it will be a dead issue until at least 2021 if not longer.
    The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
    I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

I guess that is one good thing about losing the House. HR 38 is a terrible idea.
    Originally posted by kscardsfan
    Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Not so big Tom View Post
      I guess that is one good thing about losing the House. HR 38 is a terrible idea.
      And that is why gun owners lost so many races that should have been won.

The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
      If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Macklin View Post

And that is why gun owners lost so many races that should have been won.
        Explain, I did my part and voted Estes and Kobach.
        Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

Comment

Originally posted by Not so big Tom View Post

Explain, I did my part and voted Estes and Kobach.
          Your attitude or opinion that ANY gun law, any Federal law, is bad and should not be passed is the same as saying the bad laws on te books in all 50 states should stay in place. It says to the state legislatures and Congress that gun owners don't really care about gun laws.
          So Congress doesn't move on legislation that so many want.

Laws passed 100 years ago were constitutional until 2008/2010. But HELLER and McDonald are not laws and did not repeal any laws except Washington, DC handgun law, etc McDonald applied the US Bill of Rights to each state. But because of state politics many states refused to amend or repeal their laws.

Kansas is not California, NY or Chicago. McDonald was about no concealed carry in Illinois and the ban on open carry unless actually hunting. The 7th Circuit Federal Court of Appeals ruled that McDonald banned a state from banning all forms of carry. The 7th Circuit gave Illinois 180 days to amend their law or all the state gun laws would be null and void. That would have been constitutional carry without age restrictions. It took Illinois about 185 days but they did pass concealed carry, keeping open carry illegal.

Illinois law became shall issue but Chicago still controls the legislature because of population. [ Maybe the 2020 census will show more people in southern/central Illinois than Cook County. ]
          Illinois has a non resident license but they will only accept an application from 4 states and you've got to have a CCW/CCH from that state. Kansas is not on the Illinois list.

So, National Reciprocity does not grant the feds any power to ban your guns. If some feds want to do that they will without needing HR 38. But HR 38 will allow you to legally go to or pass through Illinois, California or Hawaii, states that will never change their laws in any good way before 2100.

The attitude of gun owners nation wide who don't want ANY new gun laws is used by California, NY, NJ, as cover. That is why we didn't sweep 2018 because YOU did not care,

Comment

I have done my part and voted right on local races.

I think you are wrong to invite the Feds to a States Right issue.

I disagree with you, but voted the same, how did I cost an R his office?

Comment

Since the feds are in charge of the U.S. Second Amendment and not until 2008 and 2010 has the SCOTUS begun to fix the state errors.
              It has to involve the Congress to fix all the state and federal gun laws and self-defense laws.
              The dozen states that refuse to obey HELLER and McDonald will not change unless the Congress forces them to do so.

Opposition to "anything federal" under cuts the positions of SAF, CCRKBA, JPFO, and NRA and that harms the national debate and elections.

Comment

Hmmm, the Fed got in DLs, we have CDLs and endorsements, and logbooks that are the law. You well know what the FAA requires.

I do not want to get an endorsement, a log book, and a physical to carry a gun when I live in a State that will let me shove a Hi Point in the waist band of my sweat pants with no .gov involvement whatsoever.

You are soooooo out of touch.

Your attitude or opinion that ANY gun law, any Federal law, is bad and should not be passed is the same as saying the bad laws on te books in all 50 states should stay in place

Comment

Now Tom, the supporters of National Reciprocity promise is that the Feds would never ever place such restrictions on us; in fact, they can't, because it's not in the current legislation, and they certainly wouldn't amend it later.
                  Just like the Social Security Number was to never be part of your personal identificaton. Ace2
                  Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

IF the Second Amendment and Trump's SCOTUS mean anything there is nothing to allow such.

AS for CDLs and record books... truckers were getting drivers/operators licenses in 5, 10, even 50 states. When they got stopped for speeding, drunk driving they would show a Florida license and continue with a Oklahoma license. The federal law says you legally get one drivers license. If you move from Illinois to Oklahoma as a student you can keep your ILL DL and ILL voter registration. When no longer a student and you move you have so many days/weeks to turn in your DL and get one where you live.

Of course having a DL is an infringement. And of course laws against rape and murder infringe on something.

California, NY, NJ and Hawaii will NEVER adopt gun laws like we want, like Kansas and Oklahoma.. National Reciprocity is not a gun license, it is an order to teh states to obey te U.S. Second Amendment.

Comment

Oh, carry on

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                      Now Tom, the supporters of National Reciprocity promise is that the Feds would never ever place such restrictions on us; in fact, they can't, because it's not in the current legislation, and they certainly wouldn't amend it later.
                      Just like the Social Security Number was to never be part of your personal identificaton. Ace2

Comment

And they told Henry Ford that nobody would buy a $600 car.

Comment

So, the government made rules in case someone does something wrong? Can you not see the stupid?

AS for CDLs and record books... truckers were getting drivers/operators licenses in 5, 10, even 50 states. When they got stopped for speeding, drunk driving they would show a Florida license and continue with a Oklahoma license.

Comment

Reminds me of the knight in Monty Python https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmInkxbvlCs

Comment

Working...
                            X