This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolling blackouts, server jumps, dns failures and other miscreancy

We are bound for a new host, new server, new forum package and, eventually, new software.

What does this mean? We will be offline, randomly, during the move. Nothing on the internet is immediate and a physical change of data location takes time. I promise you that its worth it.

Upon the release and installation of the new software, you may have to re-establish your site cookies. The new ones will taste better and last longer!

Thank you for your continued support!

Robert Anderson
    Play stupid games
    Win stupid prizes

Thanks for the heads-up, but when will the SHTF?

Joker
    NRA Life Member

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility-Stan Lee

Comment

Originally posted by joker View Post
      Thanks for the heads-up, but when will the SHTF?

Joker
      Anytime in the next 72 hours. mescruffy is still teching this site and has told me that the move is already in process.
      Play stupid games
      Win stupid prizes

Comment

Originally posted by KS2A View Post
        Anytime in the next 72 hours. mescruffy is still teching this site and has told me that the move is already in process.
        good deal . this site down means i would have to spend more time on wr. and you and i both know that's a bad thing.....
        blah blah blah

Comment

Are the cookies sugar free?
          "Meddle not in the ways of Dragons, for thou art crunchie when flame broiled, and tastie with catsup."

PVT, 1st Class Round Man Militia

Comment

im assuming the move is donr and we are good?
            blah blah blah

Comment

Originally posted by 55delray View Post
              im assuming the move is donr and we are good?
              nope. just got the next vB package processed. what a pita that was.

its a slow process to change all of it but its getting done. every request we make has to come from both sides, then get verified, then get processed. its tedious to say the least.
              Play stupid games
              Win stupid prizes

Comment

Originally posted by KS2A View Post
                nope. just got the next vB package processed. what a pita that was.

its a slow process to change all of it but its getting done. every request we make has to come from both sides, then get verified, then get processed. its tedious to say the least.
                Wish I knew more about this type of stuff from an IT standpoint. Getting bored with what I'm doing now and need some more experience..
                blah blah blah

Comment

The server jump isn't done, yet.

The article on concealed carry ran earlier than I had expected. We will have to repack the database at a later time and go offline again. The actual move can take up to 72 hours depending on how your computer accesses the site.

Thank you for sticking around!
                  Play stupid games
                  Win stupid prizes

Comment

Working...
                  X