Damn old age

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn old age

I think I had the pleasure of concussion number 5. Messed up right wrist (thank God off hand, but no away games for a while)At least the stuff oozing out my head is dark red instead of grey mac n cheeze.
    Originally posted by kscardsfan
    Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.
    Originally posted by zap
    Winning a political debate on this forum is like winning the special Olympics....you would need to be a retard to enter it.

Hope you do okay. I see you posted this tonight before bed. Be careful Tom. ..opefully your sweetie is taking care of you tonight. It's hard to stay awake when you not really motivated.
    You only get a finite number of those and then soiyou enoos odi nokoewnonnnnnnn
    Last edited by fixxer; 04-09-2018, 09:29.
    For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!
    -Lord Byron (=5 lines)

Comment

A friend of mine who lives in Illinois fell down last Fall and his broken ribs and punctured lungs have finally healed. He feels much better now. Any fall can be serious at any age. But after 50 a fall is further and bones are more brittle.
      There is a reason why the draft was for 18 to 32. I wish I could turn this into a joke. Old age and illness isn't funny.
      The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
      If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
      I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Not talking about falls from ladders or off bicycles and such

Falls among seniors are usually caused by two things, posture and a shuffling gait

Fix the posture and the shuffling gait and the percentage of falls among seniors would change dramatically
        "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post
          Not talking about falls from ladders or off bicycles and such

Falls among seniors are usually caused by two things, posture and a shuffling gait

Fix the posture and the shuffling gait and the percentage of falls among seniors would change dramatically
          Bath tubs, water and soap. My friend fell in the bathroom. I have not questioned him for details of the fall. He's lucky his head did not hit something hatd. He was in the hospital for several days and then took weeks to recuperate.
          The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
          If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?

Comment

Falls in bath tubs isn't just a senior thing

But they are treacherous

There is bathroom remodel going to happen and the bath tub will be gone
            "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

Comment

Bathrooms need lots of strong hand holds that can hold more than a towel. Even a hand hold that can help get off the seat helps save the knees.
              Last edited by Jim Macklin; 04-10-2018, 19:22.

Comment

Old guys gotta take a little more care moving around then we did 20 -30 years ago. Sucks but beats the alternative....Hope ya feel better Tom....
                I'm probably on the list. Don't laugh. So are you!
                Multi-Tasking is great until you actually have to accomplish something.
                I quit playing by other peoples rules. They are not written with my best interests in mind.

Comment

Problem is, as we get older we move less

Muscles weaken because of lack of movement, when muscles weaken our posture deteriorates

As our posture deteriorates we tend to lose our balance

The shoulders begin to round and we lean forward, because our head and shoulders are forward of our hips we are off balance

Because we are off balance and due to muscle atrophy we begin to shuffle rather than walk

Muscle atrophy, poor posture and a shuffling gait are the primary reasons for falls among seniors

These problems are often times correctable but the person has to willing to invest the effort

Simple right

Not so much

There are other factors to consider and the primary factor is pain

As we age we hurt and the very things we need to do to remain vibrant causes pain, we don't like pain so we don't do them

Some people have the mental toughness to push through but most don't

I think about the lady in my Tai Chi class that has had both hips and both knee's replaced, the majority off the class have had something replaced

Lack of movement begats muscle loss and weight gain, increased weight puts more stress on arthritic joints which causes pain which decreases the desire for movement which in turn decreases the ability for movement

A vicious cycle

Comment

Working...
                  X