Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The more I watch LivePD

The more fun I have.

This afternoon, Nye Co. Nevada, a guy spent a good bit of the day, making calls to and receiving phone calls from, a Nye Co. Deputy, attempting to set up a buy of a Dime Bag.

Mary Jane being legal and all in Nevada...........................

Well, lo and behold, everyone showed up at the appointed location, at the appointed hour (except at least 3 Nye Co. Deputies were there, along with LivePD).

The old boy said they had the wrong guy, it wasn't him.
    They back-dialed his phone from the officer's incoming call log (yep, it was his number, they dialed him up right there)

The old boy then proclaimed weed is legal in Nevada.
    Yea,, but the legal stuff you have to buy from a dispensary, and the po-po doesn't run the dispensaries.

Then he proclaimed he doesn't even smoke weed.
    Then the po-po found $10 in his pocket, no additional money, just the 10 bucks.
    Oddly coincidentally, a Dime Bag of MJ cost,,, $10.

Man,, that was just prime-time funny right there.
    Gone. Good riddance.
    Watch the **** storm continue without me.

I AM GHEY for Live PD. Who is a good boy? Flex is a good boy.
    Originally posted by kscardsfan
    Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

I have several "favorite" recurring scenes.

When crack is found in pants, "They aren't my pants."

"I'm a sovereign citizen, I don't need a driver's license and I don't have to tell you my name."

After a 10 mile high speed chase and a wreck, "Why did you run?" "I didn't have a driver's licensed."
      The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
      If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
      I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Yep,, those are great.

I always want them to ask "So, whose pants are these? Who did you take(steal) them from?"
        Gone. Good riddance.

Comment

Tried to watch COPS once. Couldn't take the fake. Reality TV ain't. Ace2
          Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
            COPS does use a mix of real video and scripts. LIVE PD does seem to use all live footage but edits out names nudity.
            The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
            If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
              Cops is essentially pre-recorded and then edited, just as with virtually all television.

Live PD is just that, live, they don't so much "edit" things like names (privacy issues) as they dump the audio for a number of seconds, same as any live radio show does if you say forbidden things.

Nudity of course gets FCC attention if they don't pixelate and avoid footage that low.

At first the MC blabbering on constantly interrupting things just to hear himself make commentary turned me off, but this season he is dialed back so he gets in the way less IMO, to an acceptable level now.
              Gone. Good riddance.

Comment

I think COPS recreates some events too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Macklin View Post
                  I have several "favorite" recurring scenes.

When crack is found in pants, "They aren't my pants."

"I'm a sovereign citizen, I don't need a driver's license and I don't have to tell you my name."

After a 10 mile high speed chase and a wreck, "Why did you run?" "I didn't have a driver's licensed."
                  You forgot the falling down drunk drivers always claiming to have only had 2 beers.

NRA Life Member

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility-Stan Lee

Comment

Yes, I've been forced to the conclusion that "beer" translates to "pitcher" in my universe, and I drink beer, and I can drink a lot of beer.
                    Gone. Good riddance.

Comment

Of all the drunks I got down the years, I only believed one when he said he only had two beers. Seems at the frat party, 'a beer' was served in one- and two-gallon aquarium bowls. Ace2
                      Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

I must confess, I only drink beer, whiskey or other alcoholic drink when girls are dancing. When drinking I was very moderate in consumption. One time about 30 years ago I was in Phoenix with some technicians from work. We'd finish our weeks work and I would be flying us all back to Wichita the next day.
                        We went out to a club the hotel said was "safe" and enjoyed an hour or so.
                        A pitcher was brought to the table. I drank my glass of beer while the guys went through three pitchers.
                        I haven't drunk a six pack in the last two years.
                        Maybe I'll win te Powerball and can afford to watch girls dance again.

Comment

I HATE, HATE, HATE LIVE PD! Specifically, I hate the ADHD riddled squirrel who runs the feeds. Just when a stop gets interesting or you are about to get the payoff, "I see lights in Yazoo City, it appears officer Justice and his K9 Cupcake is in route to an assault in progress." All we see on screen is a minute and a half of officer Justice cruising down the road, seemingly playing solitaire on the laptop simultaneously telling the barking dog to STFU every once in a while, when, out of the blue, "My producer tells me we are 5 minutes out so we are, A) going to take this opportunity for a station break, or, B) going to show you what happened earlier tonight." By the time they get back to Justice and Cupcake, they are back in the car driving away because WE MISSED ALL THE ACTION!

EVERY! SINGLE! TIME!

I should know, I haven't missed an episode in 6 months.

Comment

I do feel your pain on the cutaways Solid98.

IMO it was worse when they started last year.

Yes, someone needs to put that squirrel out of his misery (or at LEAST stop giving it coffee).
                            Gone. Good riddance.

Comment

Working...
                            X