1882 patented varmint trap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1882 patented varmint trap

I guess this is intended for 4 or 2-legged "varmints".
    In 1882 James Williams filed a patent for this varmint trap. He added that 'This invention may also be used in connection with a door or window, so as to kill any person or thing opening the door or window to which it is attached.'

credit: http://www.boingboing.net/2011/04/13...t-trap-ma.html
    "Why is it wives can't just accept the biological mystery of guns reproducing in gun cabinets, and let it go at that?" - Patrick F. McManus

Looks like it will work. lol
    Originally posted by Turbobuddha
    The eyes can lie. I've seen it. There are some truly sick people out there and if you look in their eyes, you'll see loving kindness, while their hands are making animal balloons with your intestine.
    Originally posted by Over40andA40
    I believe you need to revaluate your existence within our community here and perhaps disconnect yourself from those of us still living in the REAL world.

Comment

Yeah until PETA comes along Lol.

USNRigger
      "We could say they spend like drunken sailors, but that would be unfair to drunken sailors. Drunken Sailors are spending their OWN money". ~ Ronald Reagan

COME, my tan-faced children,
      Follow well in order, get your weapons ready;
      Have you your pistols? have you your sharp edged axes? Pioneers! O pioneers!

Comment

Statute 21-4201: Criminal use of weapons.
        (a) Criminal use of weapons is knowingly:

(5) setting a spring gun;

Not to rain on anyone's humor, but a rat trap like that is illegal.

But a little peanut butter and water works fine.

The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
        If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
        I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Was perfectly legal in 1882..... hehehe
          My standing offer for people's "old" MRE's, $1 each for dark brown bags. $12/case $2 each for the sand tan bags (newer). $24/case
          MAYBE, if they are 2010 and newer, I give you $2.50 each....... generosity.50 cents each for loose heaters. Where's those highlight video links mjkeat???????

Comment

Almost everything is legal, until it is misused, then they write a law.

Bali-Song knives were probably legal until Bruce Lee movies.

Drilling for oil was legal before Al Gore, obama and fellow travellers got power.

Not to high-jack the humor, but any device that kills or maims without direct human control is a bad idea. An electric stock fence stings and is legal, a high voltage-high amperage fence is generally not. [Government power always retains the power to kill, so government can put up lethal fences around nuclear power locations, military bases, prisons. The level of amperage may be controlled depending on threat levels.]

The pail of water on a door prank goes back hundred of years to the piss-pot used to keep prowlers away. Made having a dog track them easier too.
            The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
            If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
            I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Working...
            X