Auto knife help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto knife help?

Looking for an automatic knife to be carried in left front pocket. I don't want it to scream "SWITCHBLADE". I would prefer replies be experience based, not so much Google.
    Originally posted by kscardsfan
    Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.
    Originally posted by zap
    Winning a political debate on this forum is like winning the special Olympics....you would need to be a retard to enter it.

I carry a Boker Top-Lock II in my left front pocket and I really like it. It opens good and has a good outline that doesn't scream switchblade.

Comment

Looks nice, where did you get it?
      Originally posted by kscardsfan
      Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.
      Originally posted by zap
      Winning a political debate on this forum is like winning the special Olympics....you would need to be a retard to enter it.

Comment

If it doesn't have to be a Mall Ninja Tacticool Special Weapons and Tata's brand, take a look at the Smith & Wesson line. Decent quality without the price increase from being Keyboard Kommando approved. Ace2
        Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Boker Kalashnikov. Decent steel. Aluminum grips. Strong spring and lockup. Different blade profiles and colors to chose from. I own. I like. I just don't carry it left side.

I own this one. No serrations. No colored blade. Simple.

http://www.bladehq.com/item--Boker-Kalashnikov-74--103

"The Kalashnikov 74 automatic knife features a black powder coated aluminum handle with molded finger grips and a tip-up carry pocket clip. The design is thin, elegant and comfortable. The blade is AUS-8 steel with a bead blast finish and a plain edge. The firing button is now flush with the handle to help prevent accidental opening. The action of this knife is first rate and comparable to that of the Boker Magnum series."
          "Once we have a war there is only one thing to do. It must be won. For defeat brings worse things than any that can ever happen in war." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
            If it doesn't have to be a Mall Ninja Tacticool Special Weapons and Tata's brand, take a look at the Smith & Wesson line. Decent quality without the price increase from being Keyboard Kommando approved. Ace2
            I bought a S&W and mine is dangerous to the user. Has a positive safety, a good thing. However, press the release with the safety engaged the tip pops up about 3/16 inch making it a first rate skinning blade for fingers and palms.

Comment

Originally posted by Not so big Tom View Post
              Looks nice, where did you get it?
              I found mine on Gunbroker

Comment

Take a look at Piranha Bodyguard

http://www.bladehq.com/cat--Piranha-Bodyguard--510
                B Allen Sales LLC
                Wichita KS
                Sales@BAllenSalesLLC.com

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post

I bought a S&W and mine is dangerous to the user. Has a positive safety, a good thing. However, press the release with the safety engaged the tip pops up about 3/16 inch making it a first rate skinning blade for fingers and palms.
                  According to the 'experts' here, a gun with a safety is woefully out of date and dangerously inefficient. Could it be the same for a knife? Ace2

Comment

According to the 'experts' here, a gun with a safety is woefully out of date and dangerously inefficient. Could it be the same for a knife? Ace2
                    I suspect so. At least that is my experience. But variety is the spice of life, and everyone has an opinion.

Comment

I gotta know

What is a "safety" on an auto knife
                      "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

A little button that keeps it from opening when you don't want it to. Ace2

Comment

Thought so, thanks
                          "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Had to laugh, I have a couple cheapo Mexican switchblades that open if you look at them hard! No, I don't carry them LOL
                            I'm probably on the list. Don't laugh. So are you!
                            Multi-Tasking is great until you actually have to accomplish something.
                            I quit playing by other peoples rules. They are not written with my best interests in mind.

Comment

Had to laugh, I have a couple cheapo Mexican switchblades with safetys, that will open if you look at them hard! No, I don't carry them LOL
                              I'm probably on the list. Don't laugh. So are you!
                              Multi-Tasking is great until you actually have to accomplish something.
                              I quit playing by other peoples rules. They are not written with my best interests in mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X