Should "we" be offended?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should "we" be offended?

Should we be offended or embarrassed when TV runs the Geico commercial?
    Is it ethnically bad? Is it anti-Spain or anti-Mexico? Anti-Hispanic? Maybe it is anti dogs? Or anti-gay?

The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
    I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Horrible. Just homophobic.
    Originally posted by kscardsfan
    Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.
    Originally posted by zap
    Winning a political debate on this forum is like winning the special Olympics....you would need to be a retard to enter it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Macklin View Post
      Should we be offended or embarrassed when TV runs the Geico commercial?
      Is it ethnically bad? Is it anti-Spain or anti-Mexico? Anti-Hispanic? Maybe it is anti dogs? Or anti-gay?

Not much for watching TV. What on earth are you talking about, James?
      Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
      The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

Comment

Geico ad making fun of Running with the Bulls, it is running with the bull dogs.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh01luJ4VdU
        The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
        If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?

Comment

That's cute.
          Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
          The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

Comment

Saw an obviously RACISSSSSS commercial a bit ago over breakfast on a Viceland channel commercial which showed a Watermelon used to make a layup into a basketball goal.
            Only the melon and the backboard/rim/net were visible in the self-advertisement.

I was tuned to Vice watching The Grand Budapest Hotel.
            My standing offer for people's "old" MRE's, $1 each for dark brown bags. $12/case $2 each for the sand tan bags (newer). $24/case
            MAYBE, if they are 2010 and newer, I give you $2.50 each....... generosity.50 cents each for loose heaters. Where's those highlight video links mjkeat???????

Comment

Originally posted by Oldstuffer View Post
              Saw an obviously RACISSSSSS commercial a bit ago over breakfast on a Viceland channel commercial which showed a Watermelon used to make a layup into a basketball goal.
              Only the melon and the backboard/rim/net were visible in the self-advertisement.

I was tuned to Vice watching The Grand Budapest Hotel.
              Did they dribble the watermelon?

Gary thought the running dogs were "cute" but the manliness of the running men was trashed. The clothing was ethnic. The GEICO ad was clearly derogatory and must be banned!
              BTW "government employee insurance company" should stick with green lizards that speak English with an accent.

What is Viceland Channel?

Comment

As I said,,, the entire commercial merely was a close-up of the backboard (non-glass)/net/rim and a round watermelon slowly rose into view on the right (as a lay-up), hung a few seconds on the rim against the board, then dropped through the net.
                No dribbling, no hands of the shooter, nothing at all below net-level was visible.

Chan. 271 on DirecTV

Viceland (stylized as VICELAND) is a multinational television channel brand owned and programmed by Vice Media. Viceland launched on February 29, 2016 with the simultaneous launch of two Viceland-branded cable channels; one in the United States which is a joint venture majority-owned by A&E Networks (who owns a 10% stake in Vice Media, alongside a separate 10% stake owned directly by A&E's co-owner Disney), and in Canada, where Viceland operates as a Category A-licensed specialty channel majority-owned by Rogers Media.

Operating under the creative direction of film director Spike Jonze, Viceland has a focus on lifestyle-oriented documentary and reality series aimed towards millennials, leveraging the resources of Vice's verticals with new original series, along with adaptations of and reruns of existing Vice web series. The network's launch programs featured programs hosted by existing Vice personalities such as Action Bronson and Thomas Morton, as well as notable figures such as Eddie Huang, Ellen Page, and Lance Bangs.

Creative director Spike Jonze stated that his goal for Viceland was to make its lineup have "a reason to exist and a strong point of view", rather than be just a "collection of shows". Jonze explained that Viceland would continue to reflect Vice's core mission of "trying to understand the world we live in by producing pieces about things we're curious about or confused about or that we think are funny. And if it doesn't have a strong point of view, then it shouldn't be on this channel

Original programs announced for the initial slate included:
                Thomas Morton's Balls Deep,
                Flophouse— a series where Lance Bangs follows the lives of up-and-coming comedians at underground stand-up events,[27]
                F**k, That's Delicious— a television version of the food-oriented web series starring Action Bronson,[28]
                Gaycation— a series in which Ellen Page explores the LGBT cultures of different regions,[29]
                Huang's World— featuring Eddie Huang "exploring identity using food as an equalizer",
                King of the Road— a series following skaters on Thrasher Magazine's annual scavenger hunt,[30]
                States of Undress— a series focusing on fashion weeks around the world,[31]
                the music documentary series Noisey,
                Vice World of Sports,
                Weediquette— which focuses on the mainstream cannabis culture and industry.

Blocks of existing short-form content from Vice (Vice Lab) are also featured,[33] along with other, acquired content— such as Friday-night airings of cult films accompanied by Vice Guide to Film documentaries on their directors.[15][23] 10 of the 30 original programs planned were produced in Canada, including Cyberwar— which focuses on cyberterrorism, and Dead Set on Life— an expansion of Matty Matheson's food-oriented web series Keep It Canada.
                My standing offer for people's "old" MRE's, $1 each for dark brown bags. $12/case $2 each for the sand tan bags (newer). $24/case
                MAYBE, if they are 2010 and newer, I give you $2.50 each....... generosity.50 cents each for loose heaters. Where's those highlight video links mjkeat???????

Comment

Magic supernatural watermelons. Only mystics should be offended.

Comment

Heck,, there is now a "DogTV" channel,,,

"Visual and auditory content your dog will love, scientifically designed to relieve stress and separation anxiety by some of the world's leading pet experts".................................

If you thought Cable had a bunch of ..... crap. on it "public broadcast" 20 years ago,,,,,,,,,, today has it beat to death.

Comment

Working...
                    X