Gun Guys, Ottawa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Guys, Ottawa

Just got home from a class at The Gun Guys in Ottawa. Been there before, nice clean little shop, friendly staff. Got a look at their range some time back, was really clean and well-lit, unlike some others I've been to. Found out they let you shoot all day for $17 (if I got the numbers right), so you can shoot a while, go to lunch, then come back and shoot some more. Watta Deal! Would be worth the hour-ish drive sometime. Not a bad way to spend a day off sometime soon. Ace2
    Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Cool, what was the class??

Chuck
    homo homini lupus est

Comment

One of US LawShield's two-hour seminars, this one was 'Surviving a Shooting', on recommended actions if you're caught in a mass shooting situation. They put on these short seminar/lectures on several different subjects, usually with decent-but-not-dynamic speakers, then have a short sales pitch for Law Shield at the end. Good program, better coverage than a lot of others available. Ace2

Comment

If a person looking at these programs do your homework

As an example NRA Carry Guard (which I will be getting next month because they cover Civil costs) only covers firearm related self defense whereas a program like ACLDN (that I have now) covers weapons like pepper spray, ect.

Sometimes you have to buy more than one program to get the coverage you need
        "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Check out USLawShield.com, see what they offer. Everything is covered, criminal and civil, CCH or not, any legal weapon (hands, spray, table lamp, whatever), no cap, no 'rebate' silliness, single/family/minor child coverage, home-state or multi-state, all kinds of good stuff. And unlike at least one company---which is good for what they do cover---if you've had a drink or two and end up needing to use force to defend yourself, you're still covered. There are some good plans out there, some 'eh, OK' plans, some crap, then there's this one.
          Pretty much everyone here is a grownup, so we get to make up our own minds and choose our own poison.
          If I was promoting this for my benefit, I'd give my secret code to get credit for recommending it; but I'm not, so I won't.

Like a lot of things, you get what you pay for. Ace2

edit to add: They also recently added hunters protection, which could come in handy if, for example, you accidentally shoot one too many Mallard drakes or Canada gooses or some such. Ace2 again
          Last edited by Ace; 09-14-2017, 00:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
            Check out USLawShield.com, see what they offer. Everything is covered, criminal and civil, CCH or not, any legal weapon (hands, spray, table lamp, whatever), no cap, no 'rebate' silliness, single/family/minor child coverage, home-state or multi-state, all kinds of good stuff. And unlike at least one company---which is good for what they do cover---if you've had a drink or two and end up needing to use force to defend yourself, you're still covered. There are some good plans out there, some 'eh, OK' plans, some crap, then there's this one.
            Pretty much everyone here is a grownup, so we get to make up our own minds and choose our own poison.
            If I was promoting this for my benefit, I'd give my secret code to get credit for recommending it; but I'm not, so I won't.

Like a lot of things, you get what you pay for. Ace2

edit to add: They also recently added hunters protection, which could come in handy if, for example, you accidentally shoot one too many Mallard drakes or Canada gooses or some such. Ace2 again
            Sounds like a good program
            "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

It is nice to see that they have evolved. I attended a CCH class with a High School friend way back in 09/10 because he needed to borrow a gun, and I was curious about what other instructors we're teaching. I took my class in June 06 through KVGC, a previous coworker, Carl, was the instructor, and he did an excellent job.

The instructors at Dave's class, not so much. They had not evolved their curriculum to reflect the recent changes in CCH laws, and I respectfully corrected them when in error, and cited the HB That supported the changes. It was pretty awkward at the least. And they had a few peckerwoods with half inch bore hotrod revolvers for the shooting portion. It was ridiculous.
              01/06 FFL $15 transfers and guns near wholesale

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these great and true principles~ Abe Lincoln

Comment

Dunno about their instructors, but it sounds like I otta be glad I didn't go there for CCH when I finally decided to get mine a year or so ago. Then again, it mighta been entertaining---and maybe I wouldn't be so welcome in the store afterwards.

There was a young lady working there a while back, gave me a good education on suppressors. Only seen her there once, but she was definitely a good customer service ad for them. Ace2

Comment

Working...
                X