X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ricco View Post
    Easy answers and quick fixes

We live in a diet pill world
    And we want somebody else to fix it for us.
    The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
    I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Bias. It's everywhere. We align with those who speak, believe, think,... like us and never bother to look beyong that. Why should we, we're always right.
      Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post
        Bias. It's everywhere. We align with those who speak, believe, think,... like us and never bother to look beyong that. Why should we, we're always right.
        Well, some of us, anyway. Ace2

Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post

Well, some of us, anyway. Ace2
          Dunning Krueger, why hacks still teach; marksmanship focused/toe the line defensive firearms skills, whatever works best for you, AIWB isn't the most efficient method of carry in the context of a fight, and are scared of evolution and those encouraging people to ask the most dreaded of all questions, WHY.

Comment

Nah. When the right person passes on wisdom, there's no reason to ask why. It's the rest of those bohunks you gotta be careful of. Ace2

Comment

Nah. When the right person passes on wisdom, there's no reason to ask why. It's the rest of those bohunks you gotta be careful of. Ace2
              It's been almost 2 months since I've been to any sort of training course and am itching to do so.... When are you holding your next class?

Comment

That's kind of you, but I'm humble enough to know I'm not worthy. Ace2

Comment

I'm broken and rusty and you're obviously a BTDT kinda guy. I'm likely the one that's not worthy.
                  Last edited by mjkeat; 10-25-2017, 10:53.

Comment

Yes, indeed; after all, keat would be a 'hard act to follow'.
                    Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
                    The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

Comment

All you Johnny Come Latelies need to remember that I am the original "Not Worthy" guy

I will ask you to remember that and remember it with respect
                      "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by gerhard1 View Post

Yes, indeed; after all, keat would be a 'hard act to follow'.
                        That's what I hear. The thing is I'm not asking him to follow. I'm asking him to lead. If he's that confident in his BTDT, the way we've always done it I see no reason why he wouldn't want to share. He already mentioned he is instructor and gave classes.
                        Last edited by mjkeat; 10-25-2017, 20:31.

Comment

Don't forget, other than the CCH classes, my 'instructing' is mostly by invitation, or by request from people who actually want my help.

Just a reminder, we're still waiting for those 'hard act to follow' training videos, and announcement of the Grand Opening of the 'Context-Only Training in Efficient Use of MSFP's In a Scientific Manner' school. Ace2

Comment

Ya know, this was back in the day of course, at the behest of our teacher those of us who were instructor level would have to teach an hour section

It's was a great way to spend a day

Instructors teaching instructors

Somethng you instructors might want to consider

I would guess lot's of opinions would be changed

"I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Don't forget, other than the CCH classes, my 'instructing' is mostly by invitation, or by request from people who actually want my help.

Just a reminder, we're still waiting for those 'hard act to follow' training videos, and announcement of the Grand Opening of the 'Context-Only Training in Efficient Use of MSFP's In a Scientific Manner' school. Ace2
                              Lots of excuses for a guy that keeps running at the mouth. Some might say that's rather chicken ****.

----------

Ricco, that's something I enjoy(ed) quite a bit. I still participate in something similar via closed groups on social media with some of the best in the world. I remember standing in front of 15 +/- other instructors giving blocks on various topics. It drives you to own the material because you know the questions/critiques are coming. That's the thing, most are so fearful of the later they avoid the opportunity to grow.

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post

That's what I hear. The thing is I'm not asking him to follow. I'm asking him to lead. If he's that confident in his BTDT, the way we've always done it I see no reason why he wouldn't want to share. He already mentioned he is instructor and gave classes.
                                Lots of excuses for a guy that keeps running at the mouth. Some might say that's rather chicken ****.

You are the one who informed us that you were a 'hard act to follow', and that videos were taken of your prowess to advertize some school. Yet you fail to back either of these claims up. That is what I'd call chicken****.
                                Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
                                The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

Comment

Working...
                                X