• Show
Clear All

• This Can't Be Happening

This is nightmare

The Marines are all going to shoot their junk off

This has to be stopped

Call your Congressman, do something

http://www.soldiersystems.net/2017/1...edium=facebook
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Well Hole-E-**** Pyle (or is it Pile?)... Sad when the government makes better decisions than a lot of civilians do or when the government is more evolutionary. Lol. The Marine Corps is the man, man.
    Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Saw they adopted a GLOCK, nothing about a holster system. But it was on Facebook.
      Originally posted by kscardsfan
      Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.
      Originally posted by zap
      Winning a political debate on this forum is like winning the special Olympics....you would need to be a retard to enter it.

Comment

Rest assured, they won't be carrying them around loaded.
        Even empty Glocks don't blow nuts off (and they won't be appendix carrying either).
        My standing offer for people's "old" MRE's, $1 each for dark brown bags. $12/case $2 each for the sand tan bags (newer). $24/case
        MAYBE, if they are 2010 and newer, I give you $2.50 each....... generosity.50 cents each for loose heaters. Where's those highlight video links mjkeat???????

Comment

Originally posted by Oldstuffer View Post
          Even empty Glocks don't blow nuts off (and they won't be appendix carrying either).
          Your source?

Comment

In 2012 while in Kabul Afghanistan I did a collection & report on personal security details, the guys that protect VIPs and flag officers, that focused on training and equipment. The majority in civilian attire were carrying Glock 19s, loaded and some were AIWB. The guys in uniform were carrying standard M9s and M4s. A lot of the SOF guys I saw were already carrying G19s for the most part, the Brits were carrying G17s and with loaded chambers.

This article pertains to their CID guys, so I have no doubt they'll be carrying condition 1 and probably AIWB.

Times change.

Chuck
            homo homini lupus est

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post

Your source?
              Experience (but that falls under BTDT so you feel free to discard it).

The std. marine (not VIP security people or SpecOps), especially when NOT "outside the wire" someplace, won't be packing them Cond. 1.

To use your favorite recent Powerword, it is a "Talisman" for the officers, nothing more, a symbol of their rank and command position, and in full-combat mode, even that officer will have a rifle, his Talisman will sit in a holster, period.
              My standing offer for people's "old" MRE's, $1 each for dark brown bags. $12/case $2 each for the sand tan bags (newer). $24/case
              MAYBE, if they are 2010 and newer, I give you $2.50 each....... generosity.50 cents each for loose heaters. Where's those highlight video links mjkeat???????

Comment

The std. marine (not VIP security people or SpecOps), especially when NOT "outside the wire" someplace, won't be packing them Cond. 1.

To use your favorite recent Powerword, it is a "Talisman" for the officers, nothing more, a symbol of their rank and command position, and in full-combat mode, even that officer will have a rifle, his Talisman will sit in a holster, period.
                What experience?

Your use of "SpecOps" reminds me of a 20 something I spoke to on the range one day. There was a kid, a woman, and her husband... The couple was probably in their 30s. The kid and woman were in one lane and the husband was by himself in the 2nd lane. They were a really nice group but you could tell there was something up with the kid. I began chatting with the husband and was really enjoying the conversation. I noticed the kid was attempting to teach the woman how to shoot and was having a really hard time. I went back to talking to the husband but continued to watch and listen to the interaction b/w the kid and woman.

Within 10 to 20 minutes the woman leaves the range. From her body language I'm guessing she was frustrated and needed a break. I began talking with the 20 something and mention that her having both elbows bent and being bladed to the target is interfering with her ability to manage recoil. I also make mention of the weaver like grip he had recommended to her. He instantly gets defensive and visibly agitated. The husband must have seen it because he blurted out, "he won't listen he was "SpecOps." This peaked my interest. I've spent a little time with special operations folks in country and got to know a tiny bit of how they operate and act. I say, yeah that's awesome followed by what branch were you in. Under his breath and as he begins to look away he mumbles Air Force. I asked again. He speaks up a little more, Air Force. I said cool then asked his MOS. He hesitates, security forces. I respond, that's cool. I'm Not sure the husband knew what had just transpired but the kid and I were well aware.

Since then every time I hear "SpecOps" I think about that conversation.
                Last edited by mjkeat; 11-10-2017, 20:13.

Comment

What experience?

Comment

What experience?

Comment

Working...
                    X