• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11 Research Based CCW Tips.....

from video analysis

An interesting read

Some things that stood out to me

73% of the time the GG hid his draw, as we have talked in the past deception and redirection are important skills

Only 27% of the fights involved using cover, the engagments were either too quick or cover simply wasn't available

37% involved physical contact, I thought it would be fewer, empty hand skills shouldn't be neglected

73% involved movement, I thought it would be more

Average engagment distance was 9 feet, not surprising at all, it is what I expected and the distance I practice most often

http://www.tierthreetactical.com/11-...ed-carry-tips/

Or he could have just cherry picked and group shooting from static is the only thing we need to practice
    Last edited by ricco; 11-10-2017, 15:49.
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Originally posted by ricco View Post
    from video analysis

An interesting read

{1}73% of the time the GG hid his draw, as we have talked in the past deception and redirection are important skills

{2}Only 27% of the fights involved using cover, the engagments were either too quick or cover simply wasn't available

{3}37% involved physical contact, I thought it would be fewer, empty hand skills shouldn't be neglected

{4}73% involved movement, I thought it would be more

{5}Average engagment distance was 9 feet, not surprising at all, it is what I expected and the distance I practice most often

Or he could have just cherry picked and group shooting from static is the only thing we need to practice
    #1- how do you "hide" an appendix draw? Of course, when your M.O. is to not draw your gun until one is pointed at you, then you'd better hide your draw from the one already pointed at you.

#2- Yet people think they need 50 rounds of back-up ammo and a Trunk Rifle to "fight their way to"

#3- Really? How do you manage a typical mugging/strongarm robbery/carjacking when you are in a hurry to complete it w/o "physical contact" with your victim? These things don't work by Remote Control from 20 feet away, You get ignored or you have to chase them down to 'contact range'.

#4- See #2. The balloon goes up and it's over, that quick.

#5- and yet people demand minute-of-egg-at-50-yards match-competition accuracy from self-defense-purpose ammo in S.D. purpose guns.
    My standing offer for people's "old" MRE's, $1 each for dark brown bags. $12/case $2 each for the sand tan bags (newer). $24/case
    MAYBE, if they are 2010 and newer, I give you $2.50 each....... generosity.50 cents each for loose heaters. Where's those highlight video links mjkeat???????

Comment

from video analysis

An interesting read

73% of the time the GG hid his draw, as we have talked in the past deception and redirection are important skills

Only 27% of the fights involved using cover, the engagments were either too quick or cover simply wasn't available

37% involved physical contact, I thought it would be fewer, empty hand skills shouldn't be neglected

73% involved movement, I thought it would be more

Average engagment distance was 9 feet, not surprising at all, it is what I expected and the distance I practice most often

Is there anyone here who says that this is all we need to do?
      Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
      The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

Comment

Originally posted by gerhard1 View Post

Is there anyone here who says that this is all we need to do?
        Dunno, you tell me
        "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

Comment

Dunno, you tell me
          You're the one that is hinting that it is, ricco. You tell me.
          Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
          The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

Comment

Not hinting at anything, merely a comment

But you give me an idea for another post

I will title it, Competency

ETA: We have to remember that the most lauded pistol technique of all time, "Coopers Modern Technique" involves shooting from static. Many still say it is the epitome of self defense pistol
            Last edited by ricco; 11-12-2017, 17:20.

Comment

Simply commenting on the comments. It seems the only interest is in protecting current beliefs.
              Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

The hand shake and the Hell-o wave show the open hand. Not being surprised is 98% [I just made that number up] of the battle. Controlling your fear is 1.5% and accuracy, strength, caliber, agility, hair style and clothing share the last 0.5%. Standard disclaimer, your number may vary.
                The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
                If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
                I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Working...
                X