Road Rage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Rage

The driver of the tractor trailer did exit the vehicle and walk toward a black Nissan. The driver of the Nissan got out,” said Zabaleta. “There was a physical confrontation between both of them. We’re being told the driver of the tractor trailer was armed with a knife during the confrontation and that’s when the driver of Nissan produced a firearm and shot the victim in this case. This is road rage that lead to this shooting.”

Zabaleta said it is not known if this was a case of self-defense. He said police would be receiving input from the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office.
    These two idiots...

It'll be interesting to see if the driver of the Nissan is charged or not.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2017/12/01...to-expressway/
    Failure is an opportunity to learn.

The Florida Highway Patrol wants to educate the public about road rage.

“There is no need for confrontations, avoid traffic confrontations as much as you can,” said FHP spokesman Joe Sanchez. “If someone blows a horn at you, ignore it, continue. These incidents at times result in people getting injured and at times, people even losing their lives.”
    Sums it up nicely, I think.
    Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
    The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

Comment

Originally posted by gerhard1 View Post
      Sums it up nicely, I think.
      Yes it does.

We can add, flips you off, curses at you, gives you dirty looks, and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post

Yes it does.

We can add, flips you off, curses at you, gives you dirty looks, and so on.
        Quite.
        Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.

Comment

And if you simply must wave at them, smile and use all your fingers. Ace2
          Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
            And if you simply must wave at them, smile and use all your fingers. Ace2
            Wasted energy and could escalate the situation. But yeah, the urge would be there.

Comment

Ego rears it's ugly head

A good friend, a very successful intelligent person changes behind the wheel, almost a Jekyll and Hyde thing happening

It is a worry
              "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post
                Ego rears it's ugly head

A good friend, a very successful intelligent person changes behind the wheel, almost a Jekyll and Hyde thing happening

It is a worry
                Ego is a handicap.

Comment

Confidence can contribute to winning. Ace2
                  Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                    Confidence can contribute to winning. Ace2
                    I'm sure you're right but I'm willing to bet it's not the norm. Goes back to DK.

Comment

Forbes had an article about Ego vs Confidence, I would guess it's still out there if you want to look for it

Anyway, the gist of the article was that Confidence was believing in your own abilities whereas Ego sought accolades from others to seen as being right
                      "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

Comment

So, to summarize then, confidence is important because if you have a defeatist attitude, you are more likely to be beaten. But, if you have confidence then D-K says you are not as good as you think you are and you are more likely to be beaten. What is wrong with this picture?

Comment

D-K will always be with us, to use a common phrase, "It's in our DNA"

Like most things, once it is recognized and accepted we can control it and not let it control us

We have to have confidence, without confidence nothing would ever be accomplished

All of our emotions are good and bad, it depends on our ability to control them

Comment

Originally posted by gerhard1 View Post
                            So, to summarize then, confidence is important because if you have a defeatist attitude, you are more likely to be beaten. But, if you have confidence then D-K says you are not as good as you think you are and you are more likely to be beaten. What is wrong with this picture?
                            The way interpret it... You can have confidence but still feel you have much more to learn. A person can be over confident in their ability causeing them to slack off/not pursue improvement. A member here once said, "I had all my training" eluding that he didn't need anymore. When asked about his training is was quite a bit in the past and really geared toward a different capacity. We know things change as discoveries are made and our knowledge of a topic increases. In personal defense when action is a necessity, possibly life or death, an underconfidence isn't likely to matter much. When we have to perform we will likely tap into that skill as long as the skill is there. This isn't the same as rising to the occasion. It's much different. Rising to the occasion would assume the skill wasn't there to begin with. More dumb luck than anything.

Confidence can be important but an honest/realistic understanding of your actual skill and your ability to apply that skill in context is more important.

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post
                              D-K will always be with us, to use a common phrase, "It's in our DNA"

Like most things, once it is recognized and accepted we can control it and not let it control us

We have to have confidence, without confidence nothing would ever be accomplished

All of our emotions are good and bad, it depends on our ability to control them
                              All right; then I recognize that I am pretty good with my handgun, but I also see my need for improvement and maintenance of my skills. That makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X