HR38 National Reciprocity passes the House 12/06/2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR38 National Reciprocity passes the House 12/06/2017

The House passed HR 38 just before 4 o'clock Wednesday afternoon CST.

Now the bill goes to the Senate.

I want it because as the world stands, Illinois is not likely to change their law [attitude] and allow reciprocity in my lifetime. Illinois won't even accept an APPLICATION for a non-resident license.
    But I can drive all the way to Springfield, IL with my loaded gun in my car because Illinois does have what they call "safe harbor" and my KS CCH is accepted as being equivalent to an IL FOID.
    But I can get out of the car with my loaded gun, I can't carry outside the car when buying gasoline or walking into a motel.
    I have to unload the gun and put it into a closed case or gun rug to carry te gun into the hotel. I can have my loaded gun in my room. Illinois even allows private land owners to grant permission for me to carry on their property.
    I hope HR 38n passes the Senate.

Included in HR 38 is a provision that criminal records must be sent to NICS. Otherwise there is no change.

There is also a "bump stock study" to see if they are used in crime. As far as is known they have only been used once, in Las Vegas. The DEmocrats are angry a bump stock ban is not part of the law.

The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
    I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

How does it look in the Senate??

Also, I got the package Thank you for that.
    Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
    The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

Comment

Enjoy the movies. I can believe you have never seen Steve McQueen and Yul Brenner in The Magnificent 7 before.

It will need several Democrats to vote for it. I understand that 23 Democrat Senators from states that Trump won are up for election.

It is 50/50 that it will pass.

Trump made it part of his campaign issues. AS you may know, Trump has a NYC CCW which was not too expensive for a billionaire to get. I wonder, does the SS allow President Trump to carry?

As POTUSI'm sure that no state or city would arrest Trump just because his NYC CCW isn't valid in Illinois, Hawaii or California.
      The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
      If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?

Comment

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...SQp?li=BBnb7Kz

C&P from the link:

Rep. Elizabeth Esty, D-Conn., called the bill an attempt to undermine states' rights, "hamstring law enforcement and allow dangerous criminals to walk around with hidden guns anywhere and at any time. It's unspeakable that this is Congress' response to the worst gun tragedies in American history."
        The state's rights thing, while I don't agree with it, I can at least understand it.

What I and I think every law-abiding gun-owner should object to is this crazy characterization that the bill will "hamstring law enforcement and allow dangerous criminals to walk around with hidden guns anywhere and at any time". That is just plain dumb.
        Last edited by gerhard1; 12-06-2017, 22:56.
        Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
        The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

Comment

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2017...ry-reciprocity
          https://gunowners.org/alert12062017.htm

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2017...ng-in-congress
          Last edited by Jim Macklin; 12-06-2017, 23:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Macklin View Post

As POTUSI'm sure that no state or city would arrest Trump just because his NYC CCW isn't valid in Illinois, Hawaii or California.
            Congress just had a impeachment vote on Trump. There are Russian investigations, collusion investigations, he is accused of everything in the books. Do you really think that they wouldn't charge him if they thought it could get him removed from office??
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill.

Http://leavenworthembroidery.com

Comment

If the Senate should be stupid enough to pass it, we better start getting used to revolvers, and lay in a stock of black powder, flints, and percussion caps. When the Dems or enough RINO's get back in, one of the first things they're likely to add to this asinine legislation is a restriction on magazine capacity, then semi-autos will be banned for carry (nobody needs a gun that shoots so fast and often, or some such), then revolvers with higher-than-five capacity will have to go (who needs more than five shots, anyway?), then cartridge guns will be considered unfair, etc. etc.

But, no worries. 'They' promise that this won't happen, and we all know how trustworthy they are. Ace2
              Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Originally posted by FE Fanatic View Post

Congress just had a impeachment vote on Trump. There are Russian investigations, collusion investigations, he is accused of everything in the books. Do you really think that they wouldn't charge him if they thought it could get him removed from office??
                Not really.

Rep. Al Green (not the singer) made tried to introduce articles of impeachment, that got voted on, and was promptly trashed, because a BUNCH of demoncraps (including Pelosi) voted against it. 364-58.
                Sane people voted against it because, unlike ABC's former anchor people, they know they've got NUTHIN'.
                My standing offer for people's "old" MRE's, $1 each for dark brown bags. $12/case $2 each for the sand tan bags (newer). $24/case
                MAYBE, if they are 2010 and newer, I give you $2.50 each....... generosity.50 cents each for loose heaters. Where's those highlight video links mjkeat???????

Comment

Originally posted by FE Fanatic View Post

I understand the "impeachment vote" failed with many Democrats voting NO!

Trump impeachment vote fails overwhelmingly

Politico-5 hours ago
                  But 58 Democrats supported the bid to consider impeachment over the objections of House Democratic leaders, who viewed the measure as a distraction in a Republican-controlled Congress. The motion to sideline the measure — killing the effort — was approved 364-58, with four Democrats voting ...

House votes to kill Texas lawmaker's Trump impeachment effort
                  Washington Post-5 hours ago

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                    If the Senate should be stupid enough to pass it, we better start getting used to revolvers, and lay in a stock of black powder, flints, and percussion caps. When the Dems or enough RINO's get back in, one of the first things they're likely to add to this asinine legislation is a restriction on magazine capacity, then semi-autos will be banned for carry (nobody needs a gun that shoots so fast and often, or some such), then revolvers with higher-than-five capacity will have to go (who needs more than five shots, anyway?), then cartridge guns will be considered unfair, etc. etc.

But, no worries. 'They' promise that this won't happen, and we all know how trustworthy they are. Ace2
                    Chicken Little said to Henny Penny that the sky was falling.

If HR 38 passes and becomes law you can carry ANY handgun in NYC, NY state, California or Hawaii. If it fails, THEY will feel empowered and be more likely to press for all those bans you are against.

They don't need HR 38 as a vehicle but we need it if we ever want to legally carry in all 50 states and on Corps of Engineers land and water.

Comment

If HR 38 passes and becomes law you can carry ANY handgun in NYC, NY state, California or Hawaii.
                      You first Jim. Even the Trump White House can'’t get law enforcement in those states to obey immigration law already on the books, why would you think your CCH would be any different?
                      Last edited by Not so big Tom; 12-07-2017, 01:26. Reason: new iOS sucks
                      Originally posted by kscardsfan
                      Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.
                      Originally posted by zap
                      Winning a political debate on this forum is like winning the special Olympics....you would need to be a retard to enter it.

Comment

Originally posted by Not so big Tom View Post

You first Jim. Even the Trump White House can'’t get law enforcement in those states to obey immigration law already on the books, why would you think your CCH would be any different?
                        The cops I know in central and southern Illinois won't violate teh law because many have already refused to enforce laws against concealed carry, even before Illinois adopted its carry law. Most states are like that.
                        HR 38 has actual penalties and fines against police who violate the law, federal penalties in federal court.
                        It won't be long before the dozen hold out states pass laws that issue in state licenses and collect in state taxes and fees. Look on the bright side.

All the tings you fear can happen without HR 38 and in my opinion are more likely if THEY are on the defensive. Don't give aid and comfort to the enemy in the form of anti-NRA grumbling.

Comment

If HR 38 passes and becomes law you can carry ANY handgun in NYC, NY state, California or Hawaii. If it fails, THEY will feel empowered and be more likely to press for all those bans you are against.

They don't need HR 38 as a vehicle but we need it if we ever want to legally carry in all 50 states and on Corps of Engineers land and water.
                          You can pile that fertilizer as high as you want, it's still bad legislation. All the arguments that 'They could do all that anyway' is a bunch of crap. To 'do all that anyway' would mean having to pass the laws to do it, and thus far, even when the Dem's had the power, they were afraid to try. Give them this HR 38 garbage, all they have to do is add a little here, a little there, sneak it in during one of those late-night sessions the Dem's like so much---still a little difficult, but much easier than a whole law.

Jim, when you win that Kansas Voluntary Sucker's Surtax you keep talking about, come talk to me about a bridge I'd like to sell you. I promise it's a good one. Ace2
                          Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Originally posted by gerhard1 View Post
                            https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...SQp?li=BBnb7Kz

C&P from the link:

The state's rights thing, while I don't agree with it, I can at least understand it.

What I and I think every law-abiding gun-owner should object to is this crazy characterization that the bill will "hamstring law enforcement and allow dangerous criminals to walk around with hidden guns anywhere and at any time". That is just plain dumb.
                            Yeah, it strikes me as odd that these geniuses haven't figured out that the criminals ALREADY have guns and are walking around with them hidden; sometimes in plain sight.

It's as if these legislators have completely forgotten what "criminal" and "criminal behavior" means and use the term to label everyone who wish to possess a firearm. They're allowing them to walk around armed because we don't enforce the laws we have. These thugs get picked up by the overtaxed Jurisdiction, plea bargaining ensues and back on the street Johnny Two-Timer goes. Remember: He gets 3 strikes before he starts doing any real time. That's at least 2 blank checks everyone gets to do whatever the hell you want for a slap on the wrist.

If they're truly criminals; they weren't eligible to walk around with any firearms period.

How is it that the NRA has become the favorite target of libtards when the guys who want to rob, kill, rape them, etc.are just misunderstood. Oh that's right! The gun MADE them do it. They went to the store purchased a firearm and received a receipt along with bloodthirst and the will to commit armed crimes.
                            Last edited by fixxer; 12-07-2017, 03:07.
                            For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
                            And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
                            And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
                            And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!
                            -Lord Byron (=5 lines)

Comment

“This bill will allow law-abiding gun owners to transport their firearms across state lines without the threat of harassment, as long as the weapons are unloaded and secured,” Jenkins said.

That's not exactly concealed carry!

All four members of the U.S. House of Representatives from Kansas voted in favor of a bill Wednesday that would require recognition of gun owners’ concealed carry permits from other states and add requirements to the federal background check system.
                              I'm probably on the list. Don't laugh. So are you!
                              Multi-Tasking is great until you actually have to accomplish something.
                              I quit playing by other peoples rules. They are not written with my best interests in mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X