HR38 National Reciprocity passes the House 12/06/2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Not so big Tom View Post

You first Jim. Even the Trump White House can'ít get law enforcement in those states to obey immigration law already on the books, why would you think your CCH would be any different?
    What Tom said.

You're the Guinea Pig Jim.

NY ALREADY ignores federal firearm transport laws, what makes you think THIS ONE will be one tiny bit different? Back away from the shrooms.....................
    Last edited by Oldstuffer; 12-07-2017, 17:05. Reason: typo
    My standing offer for people's "old" MRE's, $1 each for dark brown bags. $12/case $2 each for the sand tan bags (newer). $24/case
    MAYBE, if they are 2010 and newer, I give you $2.50 each....... generosity.50 cents each for loose heaters. Where's those highlight video links mjkeat???????

Comment

Originally posted by pds45 View Post
      “This bill will allow law-abiding gun owners to transport their firearms across state lines without the threat of harassment, as long as the weapons are unloaded and secured,” Jenkins said.

That's not exactly concealed carry!
      You're right,, that ain't how I "carry" "concealed", unloaded in a locked briefcase.

There's already federal law that protects gun owners transporting across state lines as the above says (except across SOME state lines, where they STILL hang you)
      My standing offer for people's "old" MRE's, $1 each for dark brown bags. $12/case $2 each for the sand tan bags (newer). $24/case
      MAYBE, if they are 2010 and newer, I give you $2.50 each....... generosity.50 cents each for loose heaters. Where's those highlight video links mjkeat???????

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post

You can pile that fertilizer as high as you want, it's still bad legislation. All the arguments that 'They could do all that anyway' is a bunch of crap. To 'do all that anyway' would mean having to pass the laws to do it, and thus far, even when the Dem's had the power, they were afraid to try. Give them this HR 38 garbage, all they have to do is add a little here, a little there, sneak it in during one of those late-night sessions the Dem's like so much---still a little difficult, but much easier than a whole law.

Jim, when you win that Kansas Voluntary Sucker's Surtax you keep talking about, come talk to me about a bridge I'd like to sell you. I promise it's a good one. Ace2
        When I win the lottery, building Gary a really nice range with a club house, lunch counter, toilets, and 300 meters and a short range pistol and rifle range. Really solid shooting benches at 50, 100 and 300 meters. And a backstop that allows placement of portable targets where you want them for "field" use.
        Might even build a fun house and put a FFL and warehouse on the property.
        Of course Gary has to like the idea.
        The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
        If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
        I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by pds45 View Post
          “This bill will allow law-abiding gun owners to transport their firearms across state lines without the threat of harassment, as long as the weapons are unloaded and secured,” Jenkins said.

That's not exactly concealed carry!
          HR 38 is not FOPA. It does not amend FOPA. HR 38 says you can carry loaded what ever you carry at home. You can have your 18 round GLOCK with 9mmJHP in CA or NY, NJ or MD.

The picture is just showing a draw from concealed carry, has nothing to do with HR 38.
          The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
          If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
          I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Yeah, and you can put that bridge I'm gonna sell you on the range, too. Or maybe put it across Chuck's pond. Ace2
            Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Macklin View Post

HR 38 is not FOPA. It does not amend FOPA. HR 38 says you can carry loaded what ever you carry at home. You can have your 18 round GLOCK with 9mmJHP in CA or NY, NJ or MD.

The picture is just showing a draw from concealed carry, has nothing to do with HR 38.
              I know the pic was a stock photo. I was alluding to what Lynn Jenkins said in the article.
              I'm probably on the list. Don't laugh. So are you!
              Multi-Tasking is great until you actually have to accomplish something.
              I quit playing by other peoples rules. They are not written with my best interests in mind.

Comment

Working...
              X