Again, Don't Follow BG's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again, Don't Follow BG's

Our GG had won, it was over, the BG left, our GG followed, he was going to hold the BG for police

It was all going so well, right up until the BG killed him

You don't gotta be a hero

http://www.abqjournal.com/734610/vet...o-had-gun.html
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Sad case. Lackey should have just called the cops, and let them handle it.
    Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
    The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

Comment

Once more, the words of my old gunsmith come to mind. If I return home and see someone walking out of my house with with my TV set in his hand, my first response will be to draw my weapon get someplace so that he won't see me if possible. I order him to stop and he puts my TV on the ground and walks away. I let him go. I call the police, of course, but other than that I don't pursue the guy. I might move to somewhere where I can make sure he does leave, and get as much information on him as I can, but nothing else and keep as far away from him as I can. I let the police clear the house.
      Last edited by gerhard1; 12-07-2017, 00:18. Reason: clarification
      Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.

Comment

I'd add if he keep walking, or starts running, and keeps the TV, let him. Ace2
        Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
          I'd add if he keep walking, or starts running, and keeps the TV, let him. Ace2
          Good point; thank you.

Comment

g
            Originally posted by gerhard1 View Post
            Once more, the words of my old gunsmith come to mind. If I return home and see someone walking out of my house with with my TV set in his hand, my first response will be to draw my weapon get someplace so that he won't see me if possible. I order him to stop and he puts my TV on the ground and walks away. I let him go. I call the police, of course, but other than that I don't pursue the guy. I might move to somewhere where I can make sure he does leave, and get as much information on him as I can, but nothing else and keep as far away from him as I can. I let the police clear the house.
            my TV set I'll call my insurance company so I can get a 48" TV to replace the 32 incher. If I see a criminal in my home I'll watch the exits and call the police and report an armed burglar in my home. Since he's in my home he probably has gained access to my guns.
            If I see them leaving I would follow at a distance and call 911, keeping contact until the police stopped the burglar. I'd be taking video too.

No need to get closer than 1/4 mile, most city scum don't look more than one car length back.

The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
            If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
            I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Macklin View Post
              g

my TV set I'll call my insurance company so I can get a 48" TV to replace the 32 incher. If I see a criminal in my home I'll watch the exits and call the police and report an armed burglar in my home. Since he's in my home he probably has gained access to my guns.
              If I see them leaving I would follow at a distance and call 911, keeping contact until the police stopped the burglar. I'd be taking video too.

No need to get closer than 1/4 mile, most city scum don't look more than one car length back.
              Jim, you must have a lot lower insurance deductible than me. All I would get out of reporting to insurance is probably a higher future premium payment.

Comment

Originally posted by Monteracer View Post

Jim, you must have a lot lower insurance deductible than me. All I would get out of reporting to insurance is probably a higher future premium payment.
                No kidding.

Don't tell insurance companies anything they don't need to know, and if you aren't collecting a settlement FROM them, they don't need to know you were burgled.

A $20,000 plasma screen is one thing, a #350 OLED flatscreen is something else.
                My standing offer for people's "old" MRE's, $1 each for dark brown bags. $12/case $2 each for the sand tan bags (newer). $24/case
                MAYBE, if they are 2010 and newer, I give you $2.50 each....... generosity.50 cents each for loose heaters. Where's those highlight video links mjkeat???????

Comment

Originally posted by gerhard1 View Post
                  Really? Why stick around? Why draw your firearm. Why order him to stop?

Him, what about them? How do you know he's alone? How do you know his buddy won't walk up and cave your skull in as you're task fixated on "saving" your tv? Typically there's more than 1 BG.

If you were burglarizing a home wouldn't you post someone outside and down the street but still within eyeshot who could keep an eye on things and let you know if/when you might need to make a quick exit?

You're exposing yourself to uneccessary risk over something easily replaceable that we don't even need in the first place. A tv. Wal-Mart has big *** tvs for $200. Not worth my time and effort to risk getting stabbed, shot, in a fight, have to kill someone, hassle with an investigation, have the Scarlett letter, have to clean up a mess, habe my wife and kids see me do any of tue above, waste the energy over such dumb **** like a tv. I'd rather sit in my cushy truck down the street with the heater on drinking my sweet tea waiting for the cops to arrive.

If you must watch the house why not back out of the drive and do it from down the street.

I guess we should ask ourselves... Would I ______ (insert activity) if I didn't have a firearm?
                  Last edited by mjkeat; 12-07-2017, 21:29.
                  Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Working...
                  X