Why Proper Training Is Important

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Proper Training Is Important

I don't post this because I think it's funny, I post it to make a point and the point applies to more than the gym, it applies to the self defense use of the pistol as well

We might know what we need

We might know how to accomplish what we need

We have have the right equipment to reach our goal

But if we are missing even a small part we are likely to fail

No one knows everything

Put your ego aside and get the training you need

It saves time, money and in some cases injuries

https://www.facebook.com/gymfcukery/...2740043521470/

Last edited by ricco; 01-09-2018, 20:10.
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Her neck...

All the things you've listed are important.

And you're correct. Proper training and guidance can save resources and embarrassment along with injury and death.

The more we understand the task at hand the more appropriate our tools, gear, and techniques are likely to be.

Dealing with SD I saw the gambit of tools, gear and techniques. Some never had training or guidance some had the wrong training or guidence.

The most memorable was a guy who had attended advanced NRA SD classes. He was a train wreck. He eventually came around.

Shooters often made changes as their understanding of realistic self defense grew. I saw a lot of micro semi-autos, 1911s, and various revolvers, weaver stances and carry beyond 4 o'clock get traded in for Glocks, M&Ps, a natural neutral squared up stance, fully extended and locked elbows, and centerline carry amongst other things.

We don't know what we don't know and as we gain knowledge we realize we know even less. We change and adapt in an attempt to bridge the gap.
    Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Working...
    X