COPS TV show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COPS TV show

Looking for something on TV this morning and came across an old COPS episode, don't know what city it was.

A car had been pulled over. There was a "gun" seen in the car so the cops get everybody out and in cuffs.

Then the cop retrieves the gun to see if it is real. It is real. I can see it is a 1911.

The cop pulls the slide back and looks to see if there is a round in the chamber.

DUH?

Cops all armed with semiauto pistols. You'd think they would know to drop the magazine first. Then retract the slide and lock it back.
    For safety and evidence putting a ballpoint pen in the gun and letting the slide close to visually mark the gun makes sense.

BTW, all the people in the car were charged with possession of the stolen gun. I hope the lawful owner who had reported it got it back.
    The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
    I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

I've seen young cops who didn't know how to open or load a revawver.

The show 'Cops' is as real as all those other 'reality' shows---scripted and rehearsed. Ace2
    Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Once again,,,,,,,,,,, as we've noted a thousand times if we've noted it once,,,,,,,,,,, many, MANY cops aren't "gun people".

They know basically how to deal with the Mechanical Marvel they have on their hip, any other ones are Chinese Handcuffs that they have not been trained on and they are lost.
      Gone. Good riddance.
      Watch the **** storm continue without me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
        I've seen young cops who didn't know how to open or load a revawver.
        . Ace2
        Since they need to be interested in EFFICIENCY, they shouldn't waste time learning anything about vastly inefficient, old-school, nostalgia-ridden, low-capacity, wheelers. Waste of effort.
        Gone. Good riddance.

Comment

I doubt there is a cop in this town that could clear my Seecamp.
          Originally posted by kscardsfan
          Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Not so big Tom View Post
            I doubt there is a cop in this town that could clear my Seecamp.
            In any autoloader, rifle or pistol, dropping the magazine is step 1. Any person with a few minutes of training should know how to find a heel latch [Ruger MK I II and III and the Seecamp] Other pistols have a push button latch or like the Ruger P85/89 a push forward.
            Maybe I've got an advantage, I worked in a gun store and handled just about every firearm on the market. For the ones I wasn't familiar I learned the very basic block the action with a piece of wood, a pencil, tongue depressor or Popsicle stick.
            But many cops only know how to operate their duty weapon, some just barely.
            Last edited by Jim Macklin; 02-11-2018, 22:49.
            The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
            If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?

Comment

You just failed.
              Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

Comment

You just failed.
                That's like saying I failed at the Winter Olympics. I wasn't in Korea. Likewise, I gave a generic answer that spoke to magazine catches.

I have never handled a Seecamp, never seen more than a picture. But the pictures I've seen have a magazine heel latch.

Since I wasn't playing "your game" I could not fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Macklin View Post

In any autoloader, rifle or pistol, dropping the magazine is step 1. Any person with a few minutes of training should know how to find a heel latch [Ruger MK I II and III and the Seecamp] Other pistols have a push button latch or like the Ruger P85/89 a push forward.
                  Maybe I've got an advantage, I worked in a gun store and handled just about every firearm on the market. For the ones I wasn't familiar I learned the very basic block the action with a piece of wood, a pencil, tongue depressor or Popsicle stick.
                  But many cops only know how to operate their duty weapon, some just barely.
                  MAYBE??
                  That gives you an advantage over 99.9% of cops Jim..................... yet you insist on insisting that this cop,, who was obviously only packing heat because of a departmental policy of arming it's cops, was lost, and you insist that he shouldn't be.;

You are right,, he SHOULDN'T BE,,, but that is a perfect world, and none of us live in that perfect world.

"After a few minutes of training"......................... I can pretty well assure you that, in the United States,,,, virtually NO cop has EVER had "a few minutes of training" from their department on a magazine retention method that has never been common or popular in THIS country (yet popular in Europe).
                  Any "training" they got on Heel Latches was done on their own experiences.
                  I would probably cheeseburger wager that HALF of US cops have never seen a heel latched autoloader, never laid eyeballs on one, let alone played with it, worked with it, shot it, "got any training" on it.

He probably wouldn't be able to unload my Blackhawk either, there was a time I couldn't either, I'm fairly certain my wife can't,
                  I wasn't born with any more inherent gun knowledge than this cop was, the difference between him and me is I was interested in learning more.

How many people who've never picked up a pump shotgun could pick one up and immediately figure out from blank how to get that locked action to open, w/o pulling the trigger.

I learned 20 yrs ago, but it took me more than a few minutes to figure it out.

I also have always had a very high mechanical aptitude in figuring out how/why things work like they work,,,,,,,, not everyone has THAT ability either.
                  Some mechanisms any more complex than a toilet paper holder completely flummox some people, they just figure they work by FM (Freaking Magic).
                  Gone. Good riddance.

Comment

Yet we have experts who think you can clear a Seecamp without the mag in the well.

Comment

Yet we have experts who think you can clear a Seecamp without the mag in the well.
                      Considering that 15 minutes ago, I had no idea that was a requirement, that little fact would have likely stumped me for a few minutes, fortunately, knowing the limits of my firearms knowledge, I cannot lay claim to that title.

Different guns have different designed function characteristics, it is always a mistake to expect the cops, just because they have armed jobs, to be able to pick up and competently handle any gun they come across. To then bich that they should not look (or be) so incompetent, is denial of reality bordering on delusional. It's like my first mother-in-law always biching about Daylight Savings Time existing (yes, she did).

I spent 20 years in the military, 13+ in a daily armed specialty, while I am pretty well versed (and actually checked out to some extents) on most US-carried weapons, I have ZERO formal training in the use and manipulation of my opposition's weaponry.
                      SOME of our military actually GETS trained in operating those weapons,,,, the vast vast 95% majority (if not more) do NOT get that training.
                      Gone. Good riddance.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldstuffer View Post

Considering that 15 minutes ago, I had no idea that was a requirement, that little fact would have likely stumped me for a few minutes, fortunately, knowing the limits of my firearms knowledge, I cannot lay claim to that title.
                        You donít know how much I appreciate you not pontificating on subjects you know nothing about.

Sheldon Cooper claims he knows how to swim because he watched a YouTube video. Sometimes BTDT matters.

Comment

....... Sometimes BTDT matters.
                          Blasphemy! Heresy! You are hereby sentenced to three cheeseburgers with NO KETCHUP (or whatever condiment you like best). Ace2
                          Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldstuffer View Post

MAYBE??
                            That gives you an advantage over 99.9% of cops Jim..................... yet you insist on insisting that this cop,, who was obviously only packing heat because of a departmental policy of arming it's cops, was lost, and you insist that he shouldn't be.;

You are right,, he SHOULDN'T BE,,, but that is a perfect world, and none of us live in that perfect world.

"After a few minutes of training"......................... I can pretty well assure you that, in the United States,,,, virtually NO cop has EVER had "a few minutes of training" from their department on a magazine retention method that has never been common or popular in THIS country (yet popular in Europe).
                            Any "training" they got on Heel Latches was done on their own experiences.
                            I would probably cheeseburger wager that HALF of US cops have never seen a heel latched autoloader, never laid eyeballs on one, let alone played with it, worked with it, shot it, "got any training" on it.

He probably wouldn't be able to unload my Blackhawk either, there was a time I couldn't either, I'm fairly certain my wife can't,
                            I wasn't born with any more inherent gun knowledge than this cop was, the difference between him and me is I was interested in learning more.

How many people who've never picked up a pump shotgun could pick one up and immediately figure out from blank how to get that locked action to open, w/o pulling the trigger.

I learned 20 yrs ago, but it took me more than a few minutes to figure it out.

I also have always had a very high mechanical aptitude in figuring out how/why things work like they work,,,,,,,, not everyone has THAT ability either.
                            Some mechanisms any more complex than a toilet paper holder completely flummox some people, they just figure they work by FM (Freaking Magic).
                            It was a 1911, perhaps the most common semiauto in the USA. Every cop should know the drill on a 1911, a Ruger MK and of course the GLOCK.

Comment

Just because you know how to set the radio presets on a 1968 Charger doesnít mean you can even turn the radio on in a 2018 Charger. Stick to what you know, and donít bluff the crap you donít.

Comment

Working...
                              X