X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look Out For The Lookouts

Things may not be what you think they are

http://www.activeresponsetraining.ne...t-for-lookouts

"I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

So, if more than one person commits a robbery is that a lookout? Or does it take a dedicated person assigned to the job? Can you post an example of this happening in my area recently?
    Originally posted by kscardsfan
    Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.
    Originally posted by zap
    Winning a political debate on this forum is like winning the special Olympics....you would need to be a retard to enter it.

Comment

Where does the Getaway Driver go in the manning document?
      My standing offer for people's "old" MRE's, $1 each for dark brown bags. $12/case $2 each for the sand tan bags (newer). $24/case
      MAYBE, if they are 2010 and newer, I give you $2.50 each....... generosity.50 cents each for loose heaters. Where's those highlight video links mjkeat???????

Comment

Huh, you post some personal JO bait with nothing relevant. What’s the point?
        Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.
        Originally posted by zap
        Winning a political debate on this forum is like winning the special Olympics....you would need to be a retard to enter it.

Comment

Isn't getaway as relevant as lookouts?
          My standing offer for people's "old" MRE's, $1 each for dark brown bags. $12/case $2 each for the sand tan bags (newer). $24/case
          MAYBE, if they are 2010 and newer, I give you $2.50 each....... generosity.50 cents each for loose heaters. Where's those highlight video links mjkeat???????

Comment

Ricco, your guy suggested 40% of criminals have an accomplice. What are his creds? It would seem if the 40% was true, you could relate it to a local recent news account.
            Originally posted by zap

Comment

Dunno percentages, but multiple attackers have been not uncommon for a while. Not unusual for teams to target mugging victims, too; one to distract, second to initiate the attack 'sequence'. Ace2
              Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Depending on the source of the research you read, you’ll find that about 40% of violent criminal attacks will involve you fighting more than one attacker. Fighting one person is bad enough. Fighting a group is exponentially worse.

http://www.activeresponsetraining.ne...iple-attackers

Ellifritz Bio

http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/instructors

Last edited by ricco; 03-15-2018, 13:48.
                "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

I didn't look up the link but I do recall a Walmart shooter who had his wife/girlfriend who was shooting victims in a Walmart. A CCW holder advanced to stop the shooter and was killed by the woman who was his accomplice. She wasn't part of the active shooting but was there to protect the shooter. Until she shot the ccw holder no one knew she was part of the crime. So, yes it could happen.

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill.

Http://leavenworthembroidery.com

Comment

Does anyone remember this post?

Originally posted by gerhard1
                    How far would you go? Where does samaritanism (is there such a word) end and having a hero complex and/or vigilantism begin?

ricco presented one a while back and my old gunsmith in Seattle presented me with a similar situation. It was this:

You are in a store when a robbery goes down. (in fact, I told the smith about a robbery that I nearly walked in on) and he gave me his sage advice which has stuck with me ever since--more than 40 years. Without my asking him he said that if he were in such a situation, he would do nothing. There was an 'unless' however, and the 'unless' was this: the robber starts shooting, he started to herd us into the back room and/or he tried to make us lie down on the floor.

Here's another one from the gunsmith: you are walking up to your porch and you notice that your front door is open, and someone is walking out with a bunch of your valuables in hand. Seeing this, you draw your weapon to defend yourself if it becomes necessary, and tell him to stop. He doesn't stop he just walks away. What do you do? He said that he'd let him go. Call the police of course, but that's about all you do.

Here is another situation: someone is shooting into a crowd of schoolkids and you can clearly see that some of them will likely die if you don't act. What do you do? Well, in this case, I would hope that none of us would be enough of a bastard to say in effect, 'screw you; that's your problem.' and just walk away without so much as a call to 9-1-1. A few of you might disagree but if I were to come across a case like this, I'd feel an ethical obligation to act, even if it meant my own injury or death. Would I warn the guy? In a case like this, probably not. Now is this likely to happen? Of course not. The reason that I carry is my own protection and I have no intention of being a white knight, but if such a thing were to happen, I'd like to think that I'd not turn my back on the innocent.

Anyone want to kick it around a bit, or perhaps present your own scenarios?
                    Please note this part of the post.

You are in a store when a robbery goes down. (in fact, I told the smith about a robbery that I nearly walked in on) and he gave me his sage advice which has stuck with me ever since--more than 40 years. Without my asking him he said that if he were in such a situation, he would do nothing. There was an 'unless' however, and the 'unless' was this: the robber starts shooting, he started to herd us into the back room and/or he tried to make us lie down on the floor.
                    Does ricco's OP here not provide further reason for caution in engaging the BG?

Very good post, ricco. Thank you.
                    Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
                    The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

Comment

Originally posted by FE Fanatic View Post
                      I didn't look up the link but I do recall a Walmart shooter who had his wife/girlfriend who was shooting victims in a Walmart. A CCW holder advanced to stop the shooter and was killed by the woman who was his accomplice. She wasn't part of the active shooting but was there to protect the shooter. Until she shot the ccw holder no one knew she was part of the crime. So, yes it could happen.
                      Clue #1- Someone is Shooting random people.

Clue #2- Someone, near the shooter, has not been shot and IS NOT ducking and running like mad..................... Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

40% of crimes. We have a ton of crime. Cite an example.
                        Originally posted by zap

Comment

Ellifritz knows his ****.
                          01/06 FFL $15 transfers and guns near wholesale

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these great and true principles~ Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Not so big Tom View Post
                            40% of crimes. We have a ton of crime. Cite an example.
                            It makes absolute sense that there would be 2 or more attackers as multiple attackers have a much greater chance for success. Knowing the percentage or where the info comes from means dick as it doesn't make us safer. What does make is safer in this regard is preparing for multiple attackers knowing it could very well be possible rather than assuming there will only be one then having to not only deal with multiple attackers but also deal with the surprise (psychological effects) and lack of preparedness.

Outgunned, outnumbered and they're likely to have the initiative = our probable scenario. You should look up Craig Douglas.

We can concern ourselves with links and stuff or we can 8se that t8me more wisely.
                            Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Trim your fingernails. Ace2
                              Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Working...
                              X