College grad photo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College grad photo

College senior graduation photo has liberals in uproar.

http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendme...paign=20180410
    The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
    I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

That's exactly what we need. Joe-blow not sure how he wants to vote or if he wants to purchase a defensive firearm now has one more reason not to do the whole pro2A thing.

Now let's hear people defend this ****.
    Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

• usncwo3
      usncwo3 commented
      Editing a comment
      WHAT!?!? Have you been standing to close to the microwave?

Well, she is left handed, and it is appendix carry.
    Originally posted by kscardsfan
    Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Not so big Tom View Post
      Well, she is left handed, and it is appendix carry.
      Is she? Is it? Belt? Holster?
      Last edited by mjkeat; 04-11-2018, 13:15.

Comment

It's a political/social statement, not a dedicated carry rig, keat. And she's pissing off the right people. Would I advise persons to carry this way regularly? No. But that's not what it's about. It's a staged photo. And just how does Joe on the fence now have "one more reason not to do the whole pro2A thing?"

Those who are on our side - and frankly, those in the middle who can be reached - will enjoy the photo of a pretty girl. Those on the left who are doing the *****ing are unreachable anyway. Those in the middle - the normals - will see the over-the-top reaction from the left - that only helps us. They don't need to see a self-rightous overreaction from folks like you.

When your enemy is digging a hole, hand him a bigger shovel. Don't help him.

In short, lighten up. Please tell me you didn't go onto whatever site that photo was from and preach how this mode of carry is all wrong, proper holster, etc.etc. etc.

"In Heaven there will be no law, and the lion will lie down with the Lamb... In Hell there will be nothing but law, and due process will Be meticulously observed". - Professor Grant Gilmore, Yale Law School

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• usncwo3
          usncwo3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed, well said sir.

Originally posted by GMC70 View Post
        It's a political/social statement, not a dedicated carry rig, keat. And she's pissing off the right people. Would I advise persons to carry this way regularly? No. But that's not what it's about. It's a staged photo. And just how does Joe on the fence now have "one more reason not to do the whole pro2A thing?"

Those who are on our side - and frankly, those in the middle who can be reached - will enjoy the photo of a pretty girl. Those on the left who are doing the *****ing are unreachable anyway. Those in the middle - the normals - will see the over-the-top reaction from the left - that only helps us. They don't need to see a self-rightous overreaction from folks like you.

In short, lighten up. Please tell me you didn't go onto whatever site that photo was from and preach how this mode of carry is all wrong, proper holster, etc.etc. etc.
        Agreed. I have said this more than a few times myself.
        Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
        The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

Comment

My number one complaint about our resident anti troll... He just doesn't get that more times than not, he does more harm than good. He's too self-absorbed to "get it".
          Big picture, Keat...big picture...way more at stake than your need to try to be "right" all the time.
          "Once we have a war there is only one thing to do. It must be won. For defeat brings worse things than any that can ever happen in war." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

It is a graduation picture, it is for her and to represent her feelings and ideals........more power to her for displaying her picture and being proud of herself.

Comment

This is a very small happening in the grand scheme but not entirely insignificant. It is absolutely big picture. She's strengthening the stereotype the antis have hung on gun owners and you folks swoop in and defend her which helps to prove that stereotype. They're looking for anything and they're constantly being fed a steady stream of ammunition. This image being a good example.

The echo chamber here is so wrapped up in defending they can't see the forest for the trees. When we've taken up permanent residence in the echo chamber not a whole lot of good comes from it.

I haven't followed this story or any story as of late but I imagine this photo has been circulated quite a bit. Thus it is the current face/representation of those who carry in the minds of those who don't understand defensive carry and that most of us view the image portrayed as irresponsible.

If she truly carries as it said where's her holster? Is this how she typically carries? If not why would they go to the trouble to remove the holster etc. to portray such irresponsibility. It's not real difficult to make that jump. Is the gun loaded? If she carries it should have been. Did they finger **** the gun right there on the spot to clear it then to reload it? It was obviously antagonistic in nature. Why? What did she think shed accomplish? It might be good for a laugh but, big picture. The 2A is getting it's *** kicked and things like this aren't helping.

The photo is also a good reminder of the B.S. that are the Four Universal Safety Rules.

Edit: I searched her on FB and she has marked herself as a "public figure." It seems she has motives other than what one might think. It's all about the likes it appears. Sad that she's using something so important and seemingly fragile as the 2A to get there. I guess the end justifies the means.
              Last edited by mjkeat; 04-12-2018, 01:05.

Comment

Who says itís a real gun?
                Originally posted by kscardsfan
                Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Definitely, belly band holster.
                  "Boards!!! Do not hit back!!" Bruce Lee
                  "Luck favors the prepared"
                  "You think I'm a hero? I am not a hero. And if you're smart, that scares you. Because I have nothing to lose. I mean to beat you to death, and drink your blood from a boot." Jack Reacher

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post
                    This is a very small happening in the grand scheme but not entirely insignificant. It is absolutely big picture. She's strengthening the stereotype the antis have hung on gun owners and you folks swoop in and defend her which helps to prove that stereotype. They're looking for anything and they're constantly being fed a steady stream of ammunition. This image being a good example.

The echo chamber here is so wrapped up in defending they can't see the forest for the trees. When we've taken up permanent residence in the echo chamber not a whole lot of good comes from it.

I haven't followed this story or any story as of late but I imagine this photo has been circulated quite a bit. Thus it is the current face/representation of those who carry in the minds of those who don't understand defensive carry and that most of us view the image portrayed as irresponsible.

If she truly carries as it said where's her holster? Is this how she typically carries? If not why would they go to the trouble to remove the holster etc. to portray such irresponsibility. It's not real difficult to make that jump. Is the gun loaded? If she carries it should have been. Did they finger **** the gun right there on the spot to clear it then to reload it? It was obviously antagonistic in nature. Why? What did she think shed accomplish? It might be good for a laugh but, big picture. The 2A is getting it's *** kicked and things like this aren't helping.

The photo is also a good reminder of the B.S. that are the Four Universal Safety Rules.

Edit: I searched her on FB and she has marked herself as a "public figure." It seems she has motives other than what one might think. It's all about the likes it appears. Sad that she's using something so important and seemingly fragile as the 2A to get there. I guess the end justifies the means.
                    As it pertains to the pictured lady, meh

As it pertains to this forum, when I posted that Julie Golob had won Gold at the IPSC World Championship you posted the only positive comment

So I guess that's where we are. wearing tight fitting clothes and pulling up your shirt is the benchmark for advocacy

Because it seems that winning a world championship and multiple national championships, being the team captain for S&W, AMU Athlete of the Year, author of two books and working to bring more women to guns and shooting through the NRA isn't worth a mention

Oh well
                    Last edited by ricco; 04-12-2018, 13:56.
                    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post

As it pertains to the pictured lady, meh

As it pertains to this forum, when I posted that Julie Golob had won Gold at the USPSA World Championship you posted the only positive comment

So I guess that's where we are. wearing tight fitting clothes and pulling up your shirt is the benchmark for advocacy

Because it seems that winning a world championship and multiple national championships, being the team captain for S&W, AMU Athlete of the Year, author of two books and working to bring more women to guns and shooting through the NRA isn't worth a mention

Oh well
                      Not just women, reasonable and responsible adults. That's what we need more of. This stuff alienates. Regardless of how funny we might think it is.
                      Last edited by mjkeat; 04-12-2018, 02:36.

Comment

Your high horse is on its knees. It's time to get off.
                        "In Heaven there will be no law, and the lion will lie down with the Lamb... In Hell there will be nothing but law, and due process will Be meticulously observed". - Professor Grant Gilmore, Yale Law School

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Your high horse is on its knees. It's time to get off.
                          That will not happen. Troll, remember?
                          Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
                          The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

Comment

Working...
                          X