Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "An Open Letter From Hunters.....

About Gun Reform"

Keep in mind this is from Huff Po so.......

However, I have run across "hunters" who have voiced the very same opinions as stated in the article as I'm sure others on this forum have as well

This is a reason when I hear a poltician say "My father hunted and I support blah....blah...." , it means little to me

Anyway, on with the show

Something to get you started

That’s not to say that all hunters are like-minded on the issue of regulating firearms. As our numbers have dwindled, many have found a comforting alliance with Second Amendment radicalism. But we believe this is not representative of most hunters, and certainly not the tradition of the hunter-sportsman.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b041fd2d28bd88

I forgot

Michael Banes thoughts on the article

Still, here's a list of the authors of this article. Read it very closely, and note the organizations these weasels belong to. They are our blood enemies and need to be treated accordingly.

BTW, this is why I do not belong to nor support the Outdoor Writers Association of America. IMHO, they do not represent hunting/shooting/fishing media -- and the reason the the Professional Outdoor Media Association, POMA, of which I was a charter member, was formed.

While it is certainly true that members don't speak for the organization...in fact, the first rule in the OWAA Code of Ethics is, "No member shall use the OWAA insigne to imply endorsement by our organization of any action, product, idea or event sponsored by said member, without the express written consent of OWAA"...nine of these authors promote themselves as Members of the Circle of Chiefs, the highest conservation honor of the OWAA, in order to imply endorsement by that organization.

How about it, OWAA? You like having your name tagged to this crapola?

"4. Prohibit new sales of semiautomatic assault or tactical-style weapons;
    5. Prohibit new sales of semiautomatic shotguns or rifles (except .22-caliber rim fire) that can hold more than 10 rounds"

Does this strike you as a something you believe in?

Anyway, here's the list of authors...if you are presently supporting any of their endeavors, you might want to reconsider after reading this article and it's "reasonable gun control we can all get behind."

• Daniel M. Ashe, former U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service director
    • Ted Williams, environmental journalist*
    • Paula Del Giudice, outdoor writer and hunter*
    • Mike Furtman, outdoor writer and photographer, hunter and former gun dealer*
    • Jim Low, former president of the Outdoor Writers Association of America and 13-time recipient of the Izaak Walton League’s Outdoor Ethics Communication Award*
    • Dr. Leonard Lee Rue III, wildlife photographer*
    • Brian Rutledge, conservation leader and naturalist
    • Scott Stouder, outdoor writer, conservationist and lifelong hunter*
    Dr. Kris Thoemke, outdoor writer, conservationist and hunter*
    • Joel Vance, current member and former president of the Outdoor Writers Association of America*
    • George Harrison, retired nature journalist*

*Member of the Circle of Chiefs, the highest conservation honor of the Outdoor Writers Association of America

Last edited by ricco; 05-10-2018, 23:33.
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

One serious but common error in the article. The article says "
    Yes, the Seco
    nd
    Amendment conveys a right to “keep and bear” firearms." but the second amendment does not do that. We have the right to keep and bear arms by dint of being born human and all of our basic rights are grants from God. The bill of rights does not confer the rights, especially no the 2nd amendment. The bill of rights tells congress to keep its grimy paws OFF of the God given rights all free people have. I think that's important because if the Bill of Rights, written and approved by people grants rights, then a group of people could remove those rights in the same manner.

Comment

All they've done is substitute words. Rather than 'common sense', they say 'simple', and 'responsible'. But the specific proposals that they make are the same 'common sense' twaddle that we have all heard before.
      Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
      The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

Comment

It's from hufpo, made up as much as if cnn wrote it.
        Gone. Good riddance.
        Watch the **** storm continue without me.

Comment

It is not made up it is an editorial by a real person, but having a keyboard and the ability to get read on the internet doesn’t mean all that much. They simply republish things that will get clicked on to get advertisers.
          Originally posted by kscardsfan
          Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Yep,, nothing but clickbait, and some people bite.
            Last edited by Oldstuffer; 05-11-2018, 13:49. Reason: typo
            Gone. Good riddance.
            Watch the **** storm continue without me.

Comment

The enemy within

They take up positions at both ends of the spectrum

From the group in the above article who see victory through submission to the "Kill 'Em All" t-shirt wearing idiots at the other end

"I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Those folks are traitors and should be exposed as such.. Otherwise, simply put, I will not comply. Ghostgunner.com is why most future laws are irrelevant if we would follow them anyway..
                "The first lesson of economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to fully satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics." - Thomas Sowell

"Wisdom is what you get from reading the instructions. Experience is what you get from not reading the instructions." - Unknown

Comment

I don’t know who wrote that article or what segment of the hunting “fraternity” they think they are representing but the article is utter nonsense.

The AR15 is the most popular rifle on the market today. Whether it is “needed” for hunting has no bearing what so ever. Are bolt action repeaters needed? Remington and Browning semi-autos needed?

These articles are written by anti-gunners posing as “common sense” gun owners and hunters.

I’ll keep my guns. Thank you...

Comment

Originally posted by damienph View Post
                    I don’t know who wrote that article or what segment of the hunting “fraternity” they think they are representing but the article is utter nonsense.

The AR15 is the most popular rifle on the market today. Whether it is “needed” for hunting has no bearing what so ever. Are bolt action repeaters needed? Remington and Browning semi-autos needed?

These articles are written by anti-gunners posing as “common sense” gun owners and hunters.

I’ll keep my guns. Thank you...
                    You must not have read the article. The term 'common sense' is not in vogue with these people. They use 'simple' and 'reasonable' now. Get with the program, Dude.

Written tongue-in-cheek, obviously.
                    Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
                    The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

Comment

Working...
                    X