Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Not Truth That Matters

It's about what liars can make uneducated people believe

Bundoc also said the knife was not a self-defense tool as Hernandez alleged. He said a Kerambit is a combat weapon designed to gut and butcher people

In reality the kerambit was, like nunchaku and other "weapons" that weren't designed to be weapons, originally a farming tool that is also used as a weapon

https://www.lmtonline.com/local/crim...photo-14101517

Last edited by ricco; 05-16-2018, 16:01.
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Ricco - truth, like beauty and justice, is in the eye of the beholder.
    "In Heaven there will be no law, and the lion will lie down with the Lamb... In Hell there will be nothing but law, and due process will Be meticulously observed". - Professor Grant Gilmore, Yale Law School

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Okay, I suppose in a general sense I agree

But and very big but, the word "designed" is an out and out lie

That lie causes a misunderstanding and intentionally misleads the jury

Had I been on the jury I would be in doubt of the DA's credibility

If he lied about that, what other lies has he told or will he tell
      Last edited by ricco; 05-17-2018, 18:56.
      "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

Comment

Sometimes you are stuck owning the marketing hype of your gee gaw.
        The Fox 479 G10 Black Folding Karambit is the best self-defense tool and utility knife available on the market. This tool has been field tested in the most extreme climates by some truly hardcore people, and has proven itself time and time again to be of the highest quality. Whether you need a utility knife to open boxes and clamshell packaging or a reliable self-defense tool to open a can of whoop ***, Fox karambits are a force to be reckoned with. If you want the most reliability in any situation where a need arises for a good blade that works and works well, this is your knife.
        ď
        ď
        Originally posted by kscardsfan
        Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.
        Originally posted by zap
        Winning a political debate on this forum is like winning the special Olympics....you would need to be a retard to enter it.

Comment

A sad truth

For some time I believed that common sense would win the day, I was naive and I no longer believe that

I believed that if I was attacked, I could defend myself and all would be right with the world, sadly that is seldom true

As we read in the article some people who are supposed to be about justice are really just in it for themselves and taking a crap on Lady Justice is the thing to do

As for the Kerambit, in my opinion it is the premier self defense knife

When combining the kerambit with Harimau (Tiger) Silat, the art that makes best use of that paricular knife, it is simply outstanding

I carried a kerambit for awhile and studied Silat

I noticed the reactions from people when they would ask to see the knife, the reactions were visceral and the comments were all negative, so much so that it made me rethink the knife

After a while I stopped carrying it, my thinking was that if the knife garnered that kind of a response from people I know and them knowing what a teddy bear I am what would the response be from people who don't me should I ever have to use it to defend myself

I still carry a folder but it is for utility, pepper spray is my go to these days for self defense

That said, I'm confident that if I am forced to defend myself and use pepper spray I will still be sued, hopefully not prosecuted but given the story above who knows, but maybe pepper spray will be less damaging to me than using other means might be, maybe

Comment

Ricco, I will give you credit for being smart enough to not go to a party, get drunk, have weed and insult the host by trying to steal his girl.

A little avoidance would would have kept him out of court. Just carry a folding carpet knife, and you will be fine.
            Originally posted by kscardsfan
            Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.
            Originally posted by zap
            Winning a political debate on this forum is like winning the special Olympics....you would need to be a retard to enter it.

Comment

Ricco - youíre just going to have to get used to a reality: if you use lethal force, or injurious force, your life will change. You may well be arrested, you may get sued, and it may happen whether or not your use of force was appropriate or not, or whether you think it was appropriate or not. Accept it. Deal with it. You cannot change it

There are some steps you can take to minimize the impact, of course, and you know of those. But you canít eliminate them.

The alternative is you or your loved ones dead.

ďBetter judged by 12 than carried by 6Ē isnít just trite saying - itís reality. If you canít accept and deal with that, stop carrying and submit to the bad guy. Youíll avoid legal problems.

there is a significant downside, however . . . .
              "In Heaven there will be no law, and the lion will lie down with the Lamb... In Hell there will be nothing but law, and due process will Be meticulously observed". - Professor Grant Gilmore, Yale Law School

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GMC70 View Post
                Ricco - youíre just going to have to get used to a reality: if you use lethal force, or injurious force, your life will change. You may well be arrested, you may get sued, and it may happen whether or not your use of force was appropriate or not, or whether you think it was appropriate or not. Accept it. Deal with it. You cannot change it

There are some steps you can take to minimize the impact, of course, and you know of those. But you canít eliminate them.

The alternative is you or your loved ones dead.

ďBetter judged by 12 than carried by 6Ē isnít just trite saying - itís reality. If you canít accept and deal with that, stop carrying and submit to the bad guy. Youíll avoid legal problems.

there is a significant downside, however . . . .
                I do accept that reality and I believe that is evident from my comments

Although

I can't say for certain that death is worse than prosecution

If prosecution results in conviction how is life in prison better than death

If prosecution doesn't result in conviction but the result is abject poverty and homelessness because a lifetime of work was spent on legal fee's how is that better than death

Trust me I have struggled with fighting versus submission many times

The odds are in favor of surviving a gunshot wound or stabbing, that's the up side, the downside is how much damage would be done and the effect on the quality of life

Death, total or partial disability, poverty and prison, not great choices

Comment

Sorta like 'I'd rather die of the disease than take that medicine; it tastes icky.' Ace2
                  Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post

I do accept that reality and I believe that is evident from my comments

Although

I can't say for certain that death is worse than prosecution

If prosecution results in conviction how is life in prison better than death

If prosecution doesn't result in conviction but the result is abject poverty and homelessness because a lifetime of work was spent on legal fee's how is that better than death

Trust me I have struggled with fighting versus submission many times

The odds are in favor of surviving a gunshot wound or stabbing, that's the up side, the downside is how much damage would be done and the effect on the quality of life

Death, total or partial disability, poverty and prison, not great choices
                    Sometimes I wonder if these people even read. If anyone is aware of and is out there trying to spread the word to make sure the rest are aware of the possible consequences it is you.
                    Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                      Sorta like 'I'd rather die of the disease than take that medicine; it tastes icky.' Ace2
                      That's a rather tortured metaphor

A momentary "icky" taste hardly compares to poverty, or a lifetime in prison

Comment

Still indicates a 'give up' attitude. Ace2

Comment

Where did I say I have given up

After several years of study I merely understand the reality of it all

If the police can somehow make an arrest stick your innocence means nothing

If the prosecution can somehow get a conviction your innocence means nothing

If your money runs out and you can no longer afford a lawyer and have to plead your innocence means nothing

If your wife and family are having to live with relatives or are out on the street because your house and car have been sold to pay legal bills or you can no longer make the mortgage or car payments and your and your wife's credit tanks your innocence means nothing

Just the reality of it all

Comment

Reality can really stink. Unfortunately we must face reality in order to properly prepare. Preparation outside of reality is waresd resources and setting yourself up for disappointment.
                            Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Re: post #13---So, just give up and die, and your family will be fine.....or something. Ace2

Comment

Working...
                              X