A little education is dangerous, even college is very little

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little education is dangerous, even college is very little

Legislators should be required to know what they';re talking about outlawing.

The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
    I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Last edited by gerhard1; 06-08-2018, 18:12.
    Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
    The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Macklin View Post
      Legislators should be required to know what they';re talking about outlawing.

No idea what you are referring to, James. In general, I agree, of course, but is there a specific thing you are talking about?

Link, maybe?
      Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.

Comment

Read the highlighted part...
        prohibition the sale and possession of high capacity magazines that turn regular firearms into fully automatic weapons.
        The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
        If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?

Comment

I donít see a link. Let em pass it, it bans nothing, and they feel good.
          Originally posted by kscardsfan
          Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.
          Originally posted by zap
          Winning a political debate on this forum is like winning the special Olympics....you would need to be a retard to enter it.

Comment

Illinois Dimocrats love to pass dumb gun laws. Illinois is in the Seventh Circuit which may well slap Illinois down.

http://www.illinoiscarry.com/ and http://www.isra.org/

Comment

Read the highlighted part...
              prohibition the sale and possession of high capacity magazines that turn regular firearms into fully automatic weapons.
              WHAT highlighted part? The links to any articles are not showing. I got the link to Illinois Carry, and the ISRA, but I don't see any link to an article.

Comment

Originally posted by gerhard1 View Post

WHAT highlighted part? The links to any articles are not showing. I got the link to Illinois Carry, and the ISRA, but I don't see any link to an article.
                This guy wants a test to vote?
                Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.
                Originally posted by zap
                Winning a political debate on this forum is like winning the special Olympics....you would need to be a retard to enter it.

Comment

Originally posted by Not so big Tom View Post

This guy wants a test to vote?
                  No. I said it is too bad that voter tests are not allowed because they were used 100 years ago to keep blacks from voting because the tests were intended to keep people from voting. Not sure how they did it. Maybe they had a stack of question books and the polling place clerk would hand out the easy book to the white folks and the impossible test to the black folks.
                  They also had poll taxes that were oppressively high.
                  High taxes proposed for guns are just a poll tax aimed at all of us.

I'm just amazed at the stupidity of people in legislative bodies.

Comment

No, you did not. Here is your quote.
                    06-06-2018, 23:13
                    There really should be some sort of constitutional test for voters. Nothing too difficult.

No. I said it is too bad that voter tests are not allowed because they were used 100 years ago to keep blacks from voting because the tests were intended to keep people from voting. Not sure how they did it. Maybe they had a stack of question books and the polling place clerk would hand out the easy book to the white folks and the impossible test to the black folks.

Originally posted by zap

Comment

The letter is a JPG picture . If you look at the last sentence in the paragraph 6 lines up from the bottom you should see a yellow highlight that was done by the person who posted the letter.

There were no links in the original post.

This is the page I saw http://concealednation.org/2018/05/e...es+Of+The+Week

from this news letter http://enews.concealednation.org/q/E...nHr5QmQN3Q0L1y

Comment

The letter is a JPG picture . If you look at the last sentence in the paragraph 6 lines up from the bottom you should see a yellow highlight that was done by the person who posted the letter.

There were no links in the original post.

This is the page I saw http://concealednation.org/2018/05/e...es+Of+The+Week

from this news letter http://enews.concealednation.org/q/E...nHr5QmQN3Q0L1y
                        Thank you, James; that showed up.

I agree: that is beyond stupid. Or is it 'beneath'? Anyway, it's dumb.

Comment

This is what I heard. The law simply said that any voter had to be able to read and write. However, if your grandfather was able to vote the presumption was that you could as well, so no literacy test was given to Whites. If a Black person wanted to vote, a literacy test was given and since no language was specified, the Black applicant had to read cards written in Chinese or some other obscure foreign language. Since they couldn't pass the literacy test, Blacks were excluded from voting.

I understand that this is where the term 'grandfather clause' comes from.

Comment

Originally posted by Not so big Tom View Post
                            No, you did not. Here is your quote.
                            06-06-2018, 23:13
                            There really should be some sort of constitutional test for voters. Nothing too difficult.
                            Your reading comprehension is lacking.
                            At no place did anybody say anything about voters tests until mI said it was too bad that such tests are not allowed.
                            Then YOU SAID "This guy wants a test to vote?"
                            To which I said NO.
                            I then went on to say that such tests are illegal.

Comment

This is what I heard. The law simply said that any voter had to be able to read and write. However, if your grandfather was able to vote the presumption was that you could as well, so no literacy test was given to Whites. If a Black person wanted to vote, a literacy test was given and since no language was specified, the Black applicant had to read cards written in Chinese or some other obscure foreign language. Since they couldn't pass the literacy test, Blacks were excluded from voting.

I understand that this is where the term 'grandfather clause' comes from.
                              Thanks. That is details I did not know.

Comment

Working...
                              X