No announcement yet.

A little education is dangerous, even college is very little

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There really should be some sort of constitutional test for voters. Nothing too difficult.

http://www.ksccw.com/forum/the-range...weaponry-aisle

walk this back, there is a cheeseburger at the end of the trail
    Last edited by Not so big Tom; 06-09-2018, 09:44.
    Originally posted by kscardsfan
    Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Heck, a few days ago there was a caller to a radio show, whose opinion is 100% opposed to Macklin's.

There should be NO restrictions on voters, period, at all.

If you are in this country, if you are PRESENT within the borders of this country, then you are subject to it's laws and political influences, so you should be able to vote on those who make those laws and influences.
      You don't have to be a citizen, or be living here full time, you could be just visiting on election day, LEGALLY in the country OR NOT, and you should be able to go vote, because YOU ARE HERE.

I do not recall them having an age limitation either, it may have simply not come up.
      Gone. Good riddance.
      Watch the **** storm continue without me.

Comment

Originally posted by Not so big Tom View Post

There really should be some sort of constitutional test for voters. Nothing too difficult.

http://www.ksccw.com/forum/the-range...weaponry-aisle

walk this back, there is a cheeseburger at the end of the trail
        I don't know what you want walked back? When the USA began voting was limited to men with property ownership or ties to the area.
        But when I've worked the polls voters would come in and it wasn't rare that somebody would ask...
        who should I vote for?
        or ask I'd like to vote for this guy and this guy but I had to explain that this was a primary election and the candidates picked their team, other than that I can't tell you who to vote for.

Voters are informed, unprepared, ignorant and often just plain stupid.

The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
        If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
        I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

This is what happens when being an American citizen is reduced to simply being here. People tune out and the pols take advantage of it. Sad thing really....and dangerous...
          I'm probably on the list. Don't laugh. So are you!
          Multi-Tasking is great until you actually have to accomplish something.
          I quit playing by other peoples rules. They are not written with my best interests in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Macklin View Post

I don't know what you want walked back? When the USA began voting was limited to men with property ownership or ties to the area.
            But when I've worked the polls voters would come in and it wasn't rare that somebody would ask...
            who should I vote for?
            or ask I'd like to vote for this guy and this guy but I had to explain that this was a primary election and the candidates picked their team, other than that I can't tell you who to vote for.

Voters are informed, unprepared, ignorant and often just plain stupid.
            After working at a public range for some years that's the exact opinion I have formed about most gun owners. It's human beings in general. They don't really care, think they know it all, etc.
            Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post

After working at a public range for some years that's the exact opinion I have formed about most gun owners. It's human beings in general. They don't really care, think they know it all, etc.
              Back in Illinois we had a riding stable and rented horses and gave lessons. We also boarded horses I was a wrangler/handy man. I was a pile-it before I became a pilot.
              Most clients knew nothing about horses and were generally good students. Occasionally a parent would tell us they were experienced. We watched them extra closely. Many were dangerous.

None of our horses were untrained but some renters couldn't guide a horse around three barrels even when kids with 5 minutes of instruction could.
              The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
              If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Macklin View Post

Back in Illinois we had a riding stable and rented horses and gave lessons. We also boarded horses I was a wrangler/handy man. I was a pile-it before I became a pilot.
                Most clients knew nothing about horses and were generally good students. Occasionally a parent would tell us they were experienced. We watched them extra closely. Many were dangerous.

None of our horses were untrained but some renters couldn't guide a horse around three barrels even when kids with 5 minutes of instruction could.
                The similarities are plenty. Anyone that got offended they had to sign a waiver and/or watch a safety video was watched more closely as they were typically the most dangerous to themself and others. The was in the service/leo folks were the worst.
                Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

The FAA standard for flight instructors is that they can read, speak and understand the English language and be fluent. Sometimes that isn't enough.

Comment

Working...
                  X