OCC at Wendy's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCC at Wendy's

Stopped at S. Topeka Wendy's to pick up lunch, while waiting, saw a typical OCC in the line. Sub-compact plastic-handled pistol in a $10 nylon holter with the spare mag pouch in front--didn't see a spare mag in it--and the Velcro strap holding the gun in. I think the gun was a Kahr, but not sure; didn't pull it out to check, and certainly didn't ask him what it was--didn't want him to whip it out and start spinning it on his finger while bloviating about it.
    Great advertisement for The Cause (insert sarcastic smiley here). Ace2
    Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Originally posted by Ace View Post
    Stopped at S. Topeka Wendy's to pick up lunch, while waiting, saw a typical OCC in the line. Sub-compact plastic-handled pistol in a $10 nylon holter with the spare mag pouch in front--didn't see a spare mag in it--and the Velcro strap holding the gun in. I think the gun was a Kahr, but not sure; didn't pull it out to check, and certainly didn't ask him what it was--didn't want him to whip it out and start spinning it on his finger while bloviating about it.
    Great advertisement for The Cause (insert sarcastic smiley here). Ace2
    You're exactly right. Great way to represent the carry community. The same can be said about hacks that pretend to be sme and spread b.s. info.
    Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Had I been there I would have spoken quietly to the person and let him know about www.ksccw.com and the importance of quality holsters.

Maybe, very likely his first carry gun. No need to be critical. Be helpful.

" Nice to see you open carrying. It is a right many, too many citizens have ignored for too long.. It is sometimes hard to get good information because some stores don't stock a whole range and the clerk may be untrained.. Check out KSCCW.com and you may find some useful info. Foods ready, have a great day."
      The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
      If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
      I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

I would have just sat there and enjoyed my meal. He's most likely still in the social experimenting stage of gun carry.
        I certainly would not have steered him here to be exploited. We have enough opponents without the Kevlar couple turning them to anti's.
        For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
        And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
        And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
        And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!
        -Lord Byron (=5 lines)

Comment

He probably got beat up a lot in school, but not now, now he has the power

People like that are dangerous
          "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post

That's a bit of a leap.
            Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
            The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post

The talisman.

Comment

Originally posted by gerhard1 View Post

That's a bit of a leap.
                Do you think he's had any sort of defensive firearms training?

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post

The talisman.
                  You remind me of the guys that came into my old job and wanted red and blue flashing lights.
                  Originally posted by kscardsfan
                  Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Do you think he's had any sort of defensive firearms training?
                    What do you charge for training that meets your standards? Maybe you should get some business cards printed, $10/500 cards and hand them out to the Fudds you see so you can rescue them and the rest of us.
                    The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
                    If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Macklin View Post

What do you charge for training that meets your standards? Maybe you should get some business cards printed, $10/500 cards and hand them out to the Fudds you see so you can rescue them and the rest of us.
                      Meet my standards? What are my standards? I hear that word, standards, and can't help but think substandard.

The thing about that is most don't want better. Use this site as an example. Countless bits of info that alone could be enough or at a minimum drive someone interested to seek out the complete story. But look at what we have here. People who still don't understand the importance of context or the difference between the fundamentals of marksmanship and the critical skills needed to increase the likelihood of winning an actual fight.

It makes 0 sense with all the info out there and how accessible that info is. The only logic reason is they don't want to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Not so big Tom View Post
                        You remind me of the guys that came into my old job and wanted red and blue flashing lights.
                        Not sure I'm following you.

Comment

Meet my standards? What are my standards? I hear that word, standards, and can't help but think substandard.

The thing about that is most don't want better. Use this site as an example. Countless bits of info that alone could be enough or at a minimum drive someone interested to seek out the complete story. But look at what we have here. People who still don't understand the importance of context or the difference between the fundamentals of marksmanship and the critical skills needed to increase the likelihood of winning an actual fight.

It makes 0 sense with all the info out there and how accessible that info is. The only logic reason is they don't want to know.
                          OK I understand. You have no standard, baseline, or par for te course, you just like to criticize. IF there was a factual, repeatable and proven standard, you'd be unable to comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Macklin View Post

OK I understand. You have no standard, baseline, or par for te course, you just like to criticize. IF there was a factual, repeatable and proven standard, you'd be unable to comment.
                            Why train to a standard when we can do the best we can each and every time? Would that not create better shooters and in less time?

Comment

Originally posted by gerhard1 View Post

That's a bit of a leap.
                              Merely an opinion

Males who get punked in school especially high school where your place on the hierarchical ladder means everything never forget it

"I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Working...
                              X