Wyatt Earp blooper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wyatt Earp blooper

Watched some of the Wyatt Earp movie last night, the Kevin Costner one, and noticed that when they were searching the dark train station for the bad guys, ol' Wyatt's shotgun wasn't cocked. Musta been some fast thumb work when he needed it--although he had plenty of time to cock it while he was talking to the guy he shot. But I didn't see him do it. Now I gotta watch it again to see if he does.
    Also, don't remember how old Wyatt was when all this happened, but the guy they casted as Doc Holliday looked older than the real Doc was when he died; and I do like Quaid's Doc better than Val Kilmer's Doc.
    I wonder if anybody cares. Ace2
    Last edited by Ace; 09-05-2018, 23:31.
    Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Gun guy's care, no one else does

Running a hammered shotgun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaXU3O5a2Ok

"I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Watching Tombstone now myself.
      I have to disagree with your Doc Holliday choice. IMHO Kilmer's Holliday is the definitive Holliday. Like Heath Ledger's Joker, or Brynner's King Mongkut.

A Tombstone thing I never knew is, Billy Breakinridge (Jason Preistly) and Mr. Fabian (Billy Zane) are homosexual partners. Not judging, just never caught the subtext until it was pointed out to me.
      Je Suis Charles Martel...

Comment

Kilmer all day. “I’ll be your Huckleberry “

BTW, Big Jake, wire a shotgun to a guys neck, wire the triggers back, and thumb the hammers back.
        Last edited by Not so big Tom; 09-06-2018, 01:31.
        Originally posted by kscardsfan
        Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

The one thing I like about Quaid's portrayal was that he said he wanted to look sick and he did

He lost 43 lbs for the role and did the movie at 138 lbs

But honestly can either compare to the Kirk Douglas portrayal (that's a joke of course), maybe the worst depiction ever done except for maybe John Wayne playing Genghis Khan, that still makes me laugh.

"I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Quaid and Kilmer were both great. Just different portraits. But the Huckleberry line by Kilmer will forever be a classic. Those movies both almost harken back to the golden age of Film. Film Noir as it were. The whole anti-hero thing. Dark but entertaining. You know who the 'good guys' are, but they are not that savory....
            I'm probably on the list. Don't laugh. So are you!
            Multi-Tasking is great until you actually have to accomplish something.
            I quit playing by other peoples rules. They are not written with my best interests in mind.

Comment

'....not that savory.' Yeah, Wyatt and brothers weren't golden-slippered, delicate little flowers who couldn't melt butter in their mouths. Ace2
              Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Working...
              X