Top student v drunk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top student v drunk

Is it possible to be a top ranked college student and be a heavy drinking drunk?
    The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
    I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Yup. Itís called a functional alcoholic. They are so good at it, you did not notice.
    Originally posted by kscardsfan
    Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

I've only known a few drunks. One was a classical musician who became a drunk we called Beer Can Billy because we never saw him without a can of beer. His drinking ended his music and he became a stable bum. He didn't stumble, slur his speech but he was never sober.He was good with horses.
      Another was Buster who was AA and I saw him sober for years. Then he fell off the wagon and allowed horses to get hurt and crippled. Back in te 60 Mom had bought a horse for $25,000. Buss crippled that horse which became dog food and baseballs.
      Everybody knew and they could not have studied in a college and made a 2.0 GPA.
      The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
      If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?

Comment

Thatís my point, some are so good they fool you. I have a friend who is a Master Sergeant, certainly equals a degree, yet a roaring alcoholic.
        Originally posted by kscardsfan
        Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Some FAA studies seem to indicate that during WWII some pilot trainees were so afraid of flying but even more afraid of flunking out they drank a beer before flight lessons. Enough to get buzzed.
          They learned how to fly while buzzed and there mechanical skills were better when buzzed.
          BUT
          When pilots were tested with various level of BA% and were doing routine tasks they did just fine.
          But a sudden task that required judgement and decision making was presented they often failed. In some cases te FAA reported, airline pilots tested with BA% 0.15-0.20 could fly ILS approaches perfectly in a Cessna 210 but they woukd call the Cessna by their airline flight number.

Comment

Working...
          X