Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Armed Bystander Backs Down Domestic Violence Attacker in Busy Seattle Shopping Center

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armed Bystander Backs Down Domestic Violence Attacker in Busy Seattle Shopping Center

Good guy helps. Worked out.

Good thing I won't see a few of the armchair QB's demonize this act somehow...
    A suspect accused of stabbing the mother of his child was arrested after a Good Samaritan stepped in to back him down.
    "Once we have a war there is only one thing to do. It must be won. For defeat brings worse things than any that can ever happen in war." Ernest Hemingway

Actually, walking backward is kinda stupid, he trips and falls, the BG is on him stabbing him to death

(circular and diagonal movment is far superior but people who just pew pew and don't study fighting don't know these things, too bad)

Drawing a pistol for any reason in Seattle is kinda stupid, Seattle being one of the more anti gun cities in the U.S.

Looks like luck was on his shoulder that day

And just because we can on a forum that supposed to for the conversation of CCW and not just a cheering section .............

If the knife guy would have charged the sheepdog and the sheepdog would have fired, off the to the interrogation room he goes

Interrogation without a lawyer present is stupid, lawyers don't work for free and our GG is out hundreds of dollars, maybe more

If our sheepdog would have missed, 50-70% of shots fired miss their intended target, and hit an innocent person. off to prison he goes and if he had anything,,,,,at all, it would be gone in a civil suit leaving his family to fend for themselves

He did a good thing, glad it worked out for him

He should probably stay away from Vegas for awhile though, he's used up his luck for a very long time
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Oh man, you did it now Ricco! But yes, I wasn't even a line of two into the post and was already thinking, luck is not a method. But hey stories like this help the fudds continue to minimize the importance of real skill and the ability to apply that skill. Hell the OP preemptively addressed this very issue in the OP because he knows exactly what's going on.

Watched the video. The guy is lucky as hell. Bystanders are lucky as hell. That could have gotten sloppy. From the video I'm going to guess the guy hasn't spent much time with that gun in his hand. Sprinkle some walking backwards/falling while shooting on top...
      Last edited by mjkeat; 11-05-2018, 18:55.
      Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post
        Oh man, you did it now Ricco! But yes, I wasn't even a line of two into the post and was already thinking, luck is not a method. But hey stories like this help the fudds continue to minimize the importance of real skill and the ability to apply that skill. Hell the OP preemptively addressed this very issue in the OP because he knows exactly what's going on.
        Yeah, I know

Just giving jagdawg what he wanted, "Good thing I won't see a few of the armchair QB's demonize this act somehow...", I'm nice like that

Seriously though, this could so easily have gone sideways we have to "what if" it

"I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post

Yeah, I know

Just giving jagdawg what he wanted, "Good thing I won't see a few of the armchair QB's demonize this act somehow...", I'm nice like that

Seriously though, this could so easily have gone sideways we have to "what if" it
          Lol, that was the line I was referencing. He knows he's celebrating the incident in order to minimize the importance of skill development. I'm betting he got a rude awakening in some class some time and instead of letting his shortcomings drive him to improve he decided to demonize those involved instead. Who knows. Not an insult as it's a natural reasponse some just can't work through.

But panties will get twisted and butts hurt. I'm thankful that it didn't get ugly because it's more likely that it will than wont. The guy drawing his handgun increased the level of danger/risk. From the sounds of it the attack was over at the point he intervened.

I wanted to add... Who's backing down who? Yet another example of the lie that is the talisman affect.
          Last edited by mjkeat; 11-05-2018, 22:44.

Comment

I'm happy it worked out like it did. I agree that going backward is not a good move, and the guy probably is not well-trained, if at all. Washington, at least when I lived there, did not require training, to get a CCW, just a background check.

Yes, the guy was lucky, but he also did something about a bad situation and for that I applaud him.
            Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
            The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

Comment

If the BG had moved away from the victim and you were given a choice using your pistol to capture him or using your med kit to help the victim which would you do

Comment

There's no question what I'd do: I'd use my admittedly limited medical skills to try and assist the victim. I've often said that if a BG backs away from me, I'd let him go. That goes back to my days in Seattle, and my savvy old gunsmith friend, the late Ven Alix.

I've mentioned Ven before and he had a lot of good influence over me.
                Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
                The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

Comment

Depends, it is not a simple binary decision. The dirtbag with the knife has been screwing the victim. It is unfortunate, but I would profile and decide if I want to play in your bodily fluids.

When I ride my Harley all butch and leather I get treated differently than when I go luau style.
                  Originally posted by kscardsfan
                  Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by gerhard1 View Post
                    Yes, the guy was lucky, but he also did something about a bad situation and for that I applaud him.

There's no question what I'd do: I'd use my admittedly limited medical skills to try and assist the victim. I've often said that if a BG backs away from me, I'd let him go. That goes back to my days in Seattle, and my savvy old gunsmith friend, the late Ven Alix.

I've mentioned Ven before and he had a lot of good influence over me.
                    So in this event what did the gun guy do to improve the situation and to earn your applause?

Originally posted by Not so big Tom View Post
                    Depends, it is not a simple binary decision. The dirtbag with the knife has been screwing the victim. It is unfortunate, but I would profile and decide if I want to play in your bodily fluids.

When I ride my Harley all butch and leather I get treated differently than when I go luau style.
                    Something to think about but do you not run the same risk confronting the knife guy? Getting stabbed by the same knife might increase the risk of exposure.
                    Last edited by mjkeat; 11-06-2018, 04:06.

Comment

Good deeds are not always perfect. But who knows what else would have happened. Maybe nothing. Maybe he would have stabbed 5 more people.

Nobody knows.

But because somebody made a choice to do as good as they thought they could at the time, it worked out.

Because predictable parrots hang out here, I can surmise that some may say he was stupid... lucky...a hero wanna-be. The scenario was pretty obvious. A bad guy did a bad thing in front of a bunch of witnesses. No cops around . Everyone else standing around with their damn phones taking videos waiting to see what he did next.

Someone took charge.

Good guy didn't know bad guys next move. Could have rushed him. And - some good guys may have honored bad guys wishes and stood their ground and shot him.

Maybe good guy had spent thousands of dollars on training and his mind went to mush when presented with a real life situation. Just because you can type and post on a forum where hardly anybody reads your crap anymore doesn't mean you'll react in a manner you "think" you would.

Nobody. Knows.

But hey...to use a phrase that some seem to despise.."it worked out". Lol.
                      "Once we have a war there is only one thing to do. It must be won. For defeat brings worse things than any that can ever happen in war." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Wonder how well a football team would do if they only looked at game film where they scored, never broke it down but just sat in their chairs and cheered like idiots

The majority of people on this forum see a critical breakdown of training, practice or real world application as a negative, I wonder about those people, needle lobotomy maybe, they're always happy
                        Last edited by ricco; 11-06-2018, 19:05.

Comment

Not so much the 'critical breakdown' (critique?); more the criticism by some who haven't earned the privilege. Ace2
                          Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                            Not so much the 'critical breakdown' (critique?); more the criticism by some who haven't earned the privilege. Ace2
                            Why haven't I earned the privilege

Do you have to go do stupid stuff to earn the priviege of pointing out stupid stuff

Stupid is stupid, kinda like saying you have to be privileged to point out stupid when you see it

Comment

youtwo are about selfish defense, where most of this forum is self defense. I donít think anyone is wrong, but youtwo squeal like a dry throw out bearing if the forum does not kiss your butt.

Tiresome, and detrimental.
                              Originally posted by kscardsfan
                              Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
                              X