Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democrats vow action on gun control after California massacre

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you

Newly ascendant Democrats are promising congressional action on gun control amid a rash of mass shootings, including a late-night assault at a California bar that killed 12 people.

Measures including expanded background checks and a ban on assault-style weapons are likely to reach the House floor when Democrats retake control after eight years of Republican rule.

https://www.kmbc.com/article/democra...sacre/24854535

"I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Saw a woman on TV this morning. She is unhappy and understandably. She didn't want prayers, she wants gun control.
    Doesn't she understand that gun control enabled the Thousand Oaks killings by disarming the victims.

There were 6 unarmed police officers in the club.
    The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
    I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

When I heard about the off duty LEO's in the club I thought they should have been able to something even if they were unarmed

Later I found out the BG threw in a smoke device first, very likely given the lighting, the crowd and the smoke no one knew where the shots were even coming from

Probably the reason the first responding officer was shot
      "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

He was a trained combat Marine. He expected police to arrive. Perhaps he was after the deputy he killed and was laying in wait.
        The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
        If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?

Comment

They keep saying it was a "high capacity" mag. In CA that's anything over 10. So was it the standard 13 round mag that comes with the gun or an aftermarket big one. They should say it didn't have the "CA restrictor mag". CA's 10 round mag should not be the default capacity for the nation.

Comment

Originally posted by HedgeHog77 View Post
            They keep saying it was a "high capacity" mag. In CA that's anything over 10. So was it the standard 13 round mag that comes with the gun or an aftermarket big one. They should say it didn't have the "CA restrictor mag". CA's 10 round mag should not be the default capacity for the nation.
            Very good point. When the Democrats get to pick and define the terminology, we are at a great disadvantage.
            Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
            The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

Comment

Imagine the headlines: 'Escaped Mental Patient Goes On Killing Spree With Stolen Machete. Democrats Promise Destruction Of All High-Capacity Magazines'

Ace2
              Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Two key points... gun free zones empower and encourage madmen.
                GFZ are an essential par of mass killings.

The House can be in Democrat control and they can pass "gun control." But TRump can veto any bill and there are nor enough votes to over-ride.

Comment

Working...
                X