• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Good Deed Goes..........

......you know the rest

There is this;

William Aprill

7 hrs

Being a Freelance Do-Gooder is an easy trade to ply, but the benefits are not guaranteed and the cost can be quite high. A common error made by Intervening Samaritans of all stripes is the presumption that involvement in petty crimes and disputes as a third party only exposes them to trivial risk. After all, WE would never use lethal force over a dine-and-dash so who would do that the us? All kinds of folks, as it turns out. When we choose to enforce societal norms against folks who don’t share them we must presume that this is a very dangerous undertaking, a judgement that hopefully feeds back into the decision process itself. Intervention is a choice, and making it without having thought it through can get us killed...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

And this;

Woman fatally stabbed while giving money to person she thought was in need

BALTIMORE —
    Police in Baltimore said a woman is dead Saturday after she stopped to help a person she thought was in need.

The victim, Jacquelyn Smith, 52, died at an area hospital.

Police said Smith was riding in a car when she saw a woman with a cardboard sign that read, "Please help me feed my baby," and she decided to give the woman some money.

https://www.kmbc.com/article/woman-f...Zs-FqLkewfOWkE

Last edited by ricco; 12-03-2018, 01:54.
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

I keep my window up and door locked. I give to legitimate charities.
    Be realistic. It's only a matter of time until you hurt yourself.

Comment

Over and over again yet some insist. I wonder what such a thing is labeled in the world of psychology.

"without having thought it through" This gives the DKs an out because as you know they've thought it through. Thoroughly of course (sarcasm).
      Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Cognitive Williams Syndrome. They often trust strangers more than their family.
        For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
        And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
        And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
        And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!
        -Lord Byron (=5 lines)

Comment

Working...
        X