Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colt King Cobra

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Colt King Cobra

    It seems that Colt is getting both feet wet in the DA revolver business once more..First was the Cobra, and now the King Cobra 357.

    https://www.colt.com/detail-page/king-cobra-357



    This is something that I'm going to consider getting for carry. Of course, I'll have to be a good boy and promise to eat my spinach.
    Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
    The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

  • #2
    Why? For funsies? I get that. Personal defense? A waste of money that could be put toward skill development and actual understanding. My experience with people who show up to class with revolvers... They soon see the flaw of the platform. If they decide to take a second class it's often with a Glock or M&P. I saw a lot of revolvers traded in on Glocks and M&Ps after people were exposed to practical self defense.
    Failure is an opportunity to learn.

    Comment


    • #3
      I hope this one is better than than the one I had all those years ago

      Compared to any S&W it felt clunky

      Honest though I never liked Colt revolvers, I would take a Ruger over a Colt

      Maybe this one will be better........maybe

      If this has an MSRP of $899 can you imagine if they brought the Python back
      "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

      "Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ricco View Post
        I hope this one is better than than the one I had all those years ago

        Compared to any S&W it felt clunky

        Honest though I never liked Colt revolvers, I would take a Ruger over a Colt

        Maybe this one will be better........maybe

        If this has an MSRP of $899 can you imagine if they brought the Python back
        Personally, the only thing I had against the original KC was the trigger would take skin off of my finger when I shot it. I have two Lawman MK III's (similar to the KC) and they are strong, solidly built revolvers.
        Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
        The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ricco View Post
          I hope this one is better than than the one I had all those years ago

          Compared to any S&W it felt clunky

          Honest though I never liked Colt revolvers, I would take a Ruger over a Colt

          Maybe this one will be better........maybe

          If this has an MSRP of $899 can you imagine if they brought the Python back
          Think of the knowledge and know how that could buy.
          Failure is an opportunity to learn.

          Comment


          • #6
            It makes sense that Colt brought back the small revolvers, what with the CCW movement, small handguns are in great demand. The S&W J-frames sell like hotcakes, and there is no reason Colt should miss out on the feeding frenzy. I hope that they don't stop with the small revolvers, though. I'd love to see the Python come back, in 2". 4" and 6". Likewise, I would like to see them come out with some .44 Spl. revolvers, too, both 5 and 6 rounders, in 2", 3", 4" and 6". Of course, that is a lot to hope for, but so far dreaming is free and non-taxable, so I'll indulge in it a bit.
            http://youtu.be/ei8OK4WdoW0
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4CuH...e=channel_page
            http://www.stoppingpower.net/comment...tervention.asp
            http://youtu.be/wXwPtP-KDNk
            https://youtu.be/Iy71umadb6k

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Goodtime Charlie View Post
              It makes sense that Colt brought back the small revolvers, what with the CCW movement, small handguns are in great demand. The S&W J-frames sell like hotcakes, and there is no reason Colt should miss out on the feeding frenzy. I hope that they don't stop with the small revolvers, though. I'd love to see the Python come back, in 2". 4" and 6". Likewise, I would like to see them come out with some .44 Spl. revolvers, too, both 5 and 6 rounders, in 2", 3", 4" and 6". Of course, that is a lot to hope for, but so far dreaming is free and non-taxable, so I'll indulge in it a bit.
              Don't look for Colt to restart the Python line anytime soon. They are excellent revolvers, but the cost of so much hand-fitting would be through the roof. The Mk III and Mk V wheelguns are about the same size, as the I-frame (Python, etc) but their cost was also a lot less. Plus, I understand they were somewhat stronger to boot.
              Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
              The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by gerhard1 View Post

                Don't look for Colt to restart the Python line anytime soon. They are excellent revolvers, but the cost of so much hand-fitting would be through the roof. The Mk III and Mk V wheelguns are about the same size, as the I-frame (Python, etc) but their cost was also a lot less. Plus, I understand they were somewhat stronger to boot.
                I understand about the Python, but let me dream, huh? Please don't pee on my cornflakes!
                http://youtu.be/ei8OK4WdoW0
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4CuH...e=channel_page
                http://www.stoppingpower.net/comment...tervention.asp
                http://youtu.be/wXwPtP-KDNk
                https://youtu.be/Iy71umadb6k

                Comment


                • #9
                  Pretty cool gun, not my cup of tea per-se. I used to own a MK3 Trooper and still own a 6" Python in "ultimate" stainless. I wish Colt well with the DA/SA revolvers. It would be nice to see them put together a competition model, again not something I'd be interested in, but there's a lot of guys competing with revolvers for the added challenge.
                  The Lion Does Not Turn Around When the Small Dog Barks

                  Which is a nice way of saying I don't interact with Azzclowns..........

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Chuck R. View Post
                    Pretty cool gun, not my cup of tea per-se. I used to own a MK3 Trooper and still own a 6" Python in "ultimate" stainless. I wish Colt well with the DA/SA revolvers. It would be nice to see them put together a competition model, again not something I'd be interested in, but there's a lot of guys competing with revolvers for the added challenge.
                    Less efficient platform.
                    Failure is an opportunity to learn.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I hope Colt offers it with a 4" barrel. I'm tempted now, but I'd really be tempted were that to happen.
                      Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
                      The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        That is a pretty gun. I wonder how a .44Spl model would compete with the Ruger?
                        Not a thing wrong with six .357 rounds, especially now that there are milder, but still very effective, loads available. And I'd venture a guess that those grips would help a lot with controllability, and still be easy to hide. Almost makes me wish I had a 'need' for another wheel gun---almost. Ace2
                        Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Goodtime Charlie View Post

                          I understand about the Python, but let me dream, huh? Please don't pee on my cornflakes!


                          Sorry, Charlie!! Didn't mean to pee in your Wheaties.
                          Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
                          The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            On the Okie forum I said I'd prefer ramp sights, but a poster there said that the Patridge sight would be better for tritium inserts. I think he has a point.
                            Last edited by gerhard1; 01-11-2019, 00:03. Reason: typo
                            Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
                            The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by gerhard1 View Post



                              Sorry, Charlie!! Didn't mean to pee in your Wheaties.
                              There's something fishy going on around here...
                              http://youtu.be/ei8OK4WdoW0
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4CuH...e=channel_page
                              http://www.stoppingpower.net/comment...tervention.asp
                              http://youtu.be/wXwPtP-KDNk
                              https://youtu.be/Iy71umadb6k

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X