Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Best Holsters and Positions? - Overweight Operator"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Chuck R. View Post

    To some extent that's a function of the internet. Lot's of anonymous experts willing to share........

    For instance, about 20 years ago there was a really active forum dedicated to black powder cartridge shooting. At the time I was competing pretty heavy in silhouette, long range and the less formal buffalo matches. I knew a bunch of guys on that forum from various matches and I had lived close to one guy that got me started in the sport when I was stationed at Ft. Lewis WA.

    Well, like every board, there was this one guy that had an opinion on everything. Not only that, but he was one of those "His way or the highway" kind of guys which meant there was a wrong way, or his way. Everything from load development, spotting scope, cast bullets etc. etc. etc. Guy was probably making 6 or 7 posts a day with plenty of advice for everyone whether they wanted it or not.

    One year I went out to shoot the Arizona state match, with a friend of mine. Turns out he was there, an "A" class shooter (I was AAA at the time, made Master shortly afterward). He finished the match somewhere around 80+ out of 120+ shooters. I won AAA class and placed about 8th overall. So after that little experience, put me firmly in the MO "Show me" category.

    Talk is cheap, typing is even cheaper.....
    There is certainly something to this. Anyone can make claims about their prowess, either directly or by proxy, but only the honest posters will back them up.
    Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
    The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.
    I don't know why I'm better with revolvers, keat so please stop asking.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by gerhard1 View Post

      There is certainly something to this. Anyone can make claims about their prowess, either directly or by proxy, but only the honest posters will back them up.
      And how would that be done

      mjkeat offered to pay out of his own pocket for people to come a class and he got no takers

      How could he prove what he believes to be true when no one shows up

      "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

      "Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by ricco View Post

        And how would that be done

        mjkeat offered to pay out of his own pocket for people to come a class and he got no takers

        How could he prove what he believes to be true when no one shows up
        He could post a link to the video.
        Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
        The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.
        I don't know why I'm better with revolvers, keat so please stop asking.

        Comment


        • #19
          Video, why would you want to watch a video when he was willing to stand right in front of you, in person

          No one, no one...get it, not one of you who criticize him was willing to stand in front of him even when he offered to pay for you to do it

          That's why I don't take any of mjkeats critics seriously, you all had your chance to go face to face with him and prove him wrong and not one of you showed up




          "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

          "Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

          Comment


          • #20
            Some might think it safer to not be on a range with somebody with his attitude, especially if he should get proven wrong on some issue. Some others might just be picky about who they spend time with, on a range of anywhere else. Ace2
            Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Ace View Post
              Some might think it safer to not be on a range with somebody with his attitude, especially if he should get proven wrong on some issue. Some others might just be picky about who they spend time with, on a range of anywhere else. Ace2
              Seriously, that's supposed to be a real reason

              C'mon be honest why you didn't take him up on his offer

              It's fun to criticize people on a forum but so much when you have to look that person in the eye
              "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

              "Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by ricco View Post
                Video, why would you want to watch a video when he was willing to stand right in front of you, in person

                No one, no one...get it, not one of you who criticize him was willing to stand in front of him even when he offered to pay for you to do it

                That's why I don't take any of mjkeats critics seriously, you all had your chance to go face to face with him and prove him wrong and not one of you showed up.
                The video is safe. The video doesn't require them to step onto a range where someone with a knowledgeable eye is watching.

                Twice I've offered to never post again if Gerhard could show proof of his claim. Crickets. Well, that is until the next time he made the same claim.

                In the end none of this matters. I'm here to discuss self defense/ CCW.

                Originally posted by ricco View Post

                Seriously, that's supposed to be a real reason

                C'mon be honest why you didn't take him up on his offer

                It's fun to criticize people on a forum but so much when you have to look that person in the eye
                Everyone knows the real reason. It's his prerogative though. It does nothing to increase my ability to defend myself or loved ones therefore it's irrelevant.
                Last edited by mjkeat; 02-05-2019, 03:59.
                Failure is an opportunity to learn.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by ricco View Post
                  Video, why would you want to watch a video when he was willing to stand right in front of you, in person

                  No one, no one...get it, not one of you who criticize him was willing to stand in front of him even when he offered to pay for you to do it

                  That's why I don't take any of mjkeats critics seriously, you all had your chance to go face to face with him and prove him wrong and not one of you showed up



                  I'll take either one of you two up on that offer. We are talking 'real" guns with "real" ammo right? No playing air-soft in someones basement.

                  My schedule so far is pretty open. Pick a date/location.

                  I'm kinda curios as to what all this "context' and "efficiency" is all about.
                  The Lion Does Not Turn Around When the Small Dog Barks

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Ace View Post
                    Some might think it safer to not be on a range with somebody with his attitude, especially if he should get proven wrong on some issue. Some others might just be picky about who they spend time with, on a range of anywhere else. Ace2
                    Like ace has said, I don't know for certain that keat would be safe to shoot with. I have said this before, I believe.

                    Besides, I just don't care for him and have no desire to be with him.
                    Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
                    The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.
                    I don't know why I'm better with revolvers, keat so please stop asking.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Now, to get back to the subject of the thread, which position do you prefer, ricco? SOB, strong side or AWIB?

                      Sorry: meant AIWB.
                      Last edited by gerhard1; 02-05-2019, 16:37. Reason: typo
                      Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
                      The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.
                      I don't know why I'm better with revolvers, keat so please stop asking.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        .....
                        Last edited by mjkeat; 02-05-2019, 17:49.
                        Failure is an opportunity to learn.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Chuck R. View Post

                          I'll take either one of you two up on that offer. We are talking 'real" guns with "real" ammo right? No playing air-soft in someones basement.

                          My schedule so far is pretty open. Pick a date/location.

                          I'm kinda curios as to what all this "context' and "efficiency" is all about.
                          You should be well versed on all that and more. You did pay for the education after all. What happened?

                          Find a fight focused/counter ambush/ intuitive shooting course and I'll be there considering you do or the bill which is the same offer I extended.

                          Your attitude toward FoF doesn't say much about your reasons for training. How do you know what you've learned actually works in context of an actual fight?

                          Originally posted by gerhard1 View Post

                          Like ace has said, I don't know for certain that keat would be safe to shoot with. I have said this before, I believe.

                          Besides, I just don't care for him and have no desire to be with him.
                          Stop. We all know why you won't.


                          Originally posted by gerhard1 View Post
                          Now, to get back to the subject of the thread, which position do you prefer, ricco? SOB, strong side or AWIB?

                          Sorry: meant AIWB.
                          It has nothing to do with preference. It never has. This mentality has stunted your growth and males you less capable as a defender. You need to ask yourself how much you really love yourself that new bride of yours.
                          Last edited by mjkeat; 02-05-2019, 17:48.
                          Failure is an opportunity to learn.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Chuck R. View Post

                            I'll take either one of you two up on that offer. We are talking 'real" guns with "real" ammo right? No playing air-soft in someones basement.

                            My schedule so far is pretty open. Pick a date/location.

                            I'm kinda curios as to what all this "context' and "efficiency" is all about.
                            I thought you put me on ignore

                            You'll take either one of us up on what?

                            A shooting match?

                            Let me try this again, maybe you'll get it

                            SO ONCE AGAIN, I DON'T GIVE A RAT'S FURRY BUTT CRACK ABOUT SHOOTING MATCH'S OR TRADITIONAL MARKSMANSHIP, IT BORES ME AND I HAVE NO USE FOR IT, I THOUGHT I HAD MADE THAT PLAIN

                            AND NO WORRIES, I WOULDN'T EVEN FOR A SECOND WANT YOU TO TRY FOF

                            GOT IT NOW
                            Last edited by ricco; 02-05-2019, 18:02.
                            "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

                            "Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by ricco View Post

                              And how would that be done

                              mjkeat offered to pay out of his own pocket for people to come a class and he got no takers

                              How could he prove what he believes to be true when no one shows up
                              This was the offer I was referring to that I apparently missed out on.

                              Now, IF it's still valid, I'll take you or the keatster up on it.

                              Find a fight focused/counter ambush/ intuitive shooting course and I'll be there considering you do or the bill which is the same offer I extended.
                              Now it sounds like there's being some limitations put on it, but hey I'm fine with that.

                              Checking out the I.C.E. site, they've got some classes that aren't too far:

                              https://www.icetraining.us/calendar.html

                              I'm willing to travel to IL and there's a couple classes in May. Memorial day weekend I've got some long range stuff going on west of here, but the rest of my schedule as I said is pretty clear till the fall. So, pick a class and pony up. I'll handle my transportation, lodging and ammunition.

                              There's even a 2 person Armed Defense class in AUG that would probably be a lot of fun.

                              and yes I do still have you on ignore, but will respond when it comes to free tuition.
                              The Lion Does Not Turn Around When the Small Dog Barks

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Chuck R. View Post

                                This was the offer I was referring to that I apparently missed out on.

                                Now, IF it's still valid, I'll take you or the keatster up on it.



                                Now it sounds like there's being some limitations put on it, but hey I'm fine with that.

                                Checking out the I.C.E. site, they've got some classes that aren't too far:

                                https://www.icetraining.us/calendar.html

                                I'm willing to travel to IL and there's a couple classes in May. Memorial day weekend I've got some long range stuff going on west of here, but the rest of my schedule as I said is pretty clear till the fall. So, pick a class and pony up. I'll handle my transportation, lodging and ammunition.

                                There's even a 2 person Armed Defense class in AUG that would probably be a lot of fun.

                                and yes I do still have you on ignore, but will respond when it comes to free tuition.
                                You still have me on ignore but you responded to this, Uhmm, okay

                                I rarely offer to teach anyone anything and most certainly wouldn't ask someone I don't know to train with me

                                I have been asked to train people I trust and if I'm interested sometimes I'll do it

                                If people want to train with me as a partner that's okay, sometimes

                                But it's usually a once or twice thing, most people can't keep up or they get a boo boo and need to rest

                                Nope, no offers will come from me
                                "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

                                "Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X