Impressive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impressive

This officer's handling of the event is impressive. No he didn't smoke the POS but pay attention to his relative calm considering and the manner In which he interacted with bystanders and even the female that exited the shooters vehicle. Good stuff.

Also take note of how out of breath he is even though he appears to be is good physical condition and fairly young, I'd guess early to mid 30s. Imagine how fatigued the rest of us would be. This effects our ability to defend ourselves and also to survive injury. Fitness is important. As we've seen even if we are able to anticipate the need for lethal force even to the point we've already drawn our carry gun the BG can get the jump on us causing injury.

https://youtu.be/sN7WA-iIh54
    Failure is an opportunity to learn.

The breathing thing is interesting

I remember when we would get new guys in the gym that wanted to fight or thought they wanted to, first thing we did was conditioning

We put them on the rope and hitting the mitts and start teaching them skills

After a while when their conditioning was up to speed we put them in the ring to spar

Probably 9 times out of 10 they would be gassed after 1 round, some didn't finish 1 round

Before they started we would tell them to breathe and we would get that, "huh....what" look

Like I say, by the end of 1 round most were gasping for air

It wasn't a conditioning issue, it was that under stress they didn't breathe

I did it it too

After a few sparring sessions we relax and breathing isn't so much of a problem

I never looked that far into the why of it, for people that wanted to learn the ropes (pun intended) it worked itself out
    Last edited by ricco; 02-03-2019, 13:07.
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post
      The breathing thing is interesting

I remember when we would get new guys in the gym that wanted to fight or thought they wanted to, first thing we did was conditioning

We put them on the rope and hitting the mitts and start teaching them skills

After a while when their conditioning was up to speed we put them in the ring to spar

Probably 9 times out of 10 they would be gassed after 1 round, some didn't finish 1 round

Before they started we would tell them to breathe and we would get that, "huh....what" look

Like I say, by the end of 1 round most were gasping for air

It wasn't a conditioning issue, it was that under stress they didn't breathe

I did it it too

After a few sparring sessions we relax and breathing isn't so much of a problem

I never looked that far into the why of it, for people that wanted to learn the ropes (pun intended) it worked itself out
      "Just remember to breath." It's something I recommended in the classroom, on the range, and on the mat. It was told to me as well. Great advice indeed.
      Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Just because someone gasses out in first round does not mean they are not going to kick your *** in 2 -10th round. I seen allot of different cardio systems in my day. Imo

p.s adrenaline can drain u fast, at wrong time! Taking damage too! I seen the healthiest look like a sack of potatoes. No matter how aerobic or anaerobic you are.
        Last edited by F = ma; 02-04-2019, 13:41.
        "Boards!!! Do not hit back!!" Bruce Lee
        "Luck favors the prepared"
        "You think I'm a hero? I am not a hero. And if you're smart, that scares you. Because I have nothing to lose. I mean to beat you to death, and drink your blood from a boot." Jack Reacher

Comment

Working...
        X