Kubotan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kubotan

Wanna know how fortunate we are to live in a country with sane rational laws on self defense tools just listen to the first 1:30 of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fi9...QPKp2kMDjgRa1w
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Well what do expect in a country where the capitol city (assuming London) has laws against pointy kitchen knives. I was told by my martial arts instructor more than 30 years ago that damn near anything could be used as weapon if you think about it...
    I'm probably on the list. Don't laugh. So are you!
    Multi-Tasking is great until you actually have to accomplish something.
    I quit playing by other peoples rules. They are not written with my best interests in mind.

Comment

Self-defense IS NOT legal in England..

The home is no longer "your castle."

The number of places to vacation is a shrinking world. About 30 states are worth visiting. World-wideI can't think of anyplace worth visiting.
      The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
      If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
      I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

You are allowed to use "reasonable force" for self defense in the UK

But like so many malleable laws it's really up to the cops and prosecutors as to how they are applied
        "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post
          You are allowed to use "reasonable force" for self defense in the UK

But like so many malleable laws it's really up to the cops and prosecutors as to how they are applied
          Using a weapon in defense is a UK problem. A few years ago a woman from Arizona was on the subway in London, She used a Boy Scout pocket kife for defense against a teenage gang.
          No injuries. She was granted bail and allowed to go home t AZ as long as she promised to returned for trial. Self-defense seems to be illegal.
          The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
          If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Macklin View Post

Using a weapon in defense is a UK problem. A few years ago a woman from Arizona was on the subway in London, She used a Boy Scout pocket kife for defense against a teenage gang.
            No injuries. She was granted bail and allowed to go home t AZ as long as she promised to returned for trial. Self-defense seems to be illegal.
            She was possession of a weapon, a knife, possession of weapon is illegal

Self defense and possession of a weapon are different things

Empty hand martial arts in the UK are very popular and from what I have read are practiced more realistically than in the U.S.
            Last edited by ricco; 02-09-2019, 03:28.

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post

She was possession of a weapon, a knife, possession of weapon is illegal

Self defense and possession of a weapon are different things

Empty hand martial arts in the UK are very popular and from what I have read are practiced more realistically than in the U.S.
              It was a middle aged American woman. Self-defense presumes the possession of a weapon.

Dangerous weapon? Allowed only while camping??

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Macklin View Post

It was a middle aged American woman. Self-defense presumes the possession of a weapon.

Dangerous weapon? Allowed only while camping??
                Not in the UK and it's the UK we are talking about

If camping is being done in a public area I would assume the camping knife would be illegal as well

Comment

Working...
                X