X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ricco
    started a topic Kubotan

Kubotan

Wanna know how fortunate we are to live in a country with sane rational laws on self defense tools just listen to the first 1:30 of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fi9...QPKp2kMDjgRa1w

• ricco
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim Macklin View Post

It was a middle aged American woman. Self-defense presumes the possession of a weapon.

Dangerous weapon? Allowed only while camping??
    Not in the UK and it's the UK we are talking about

If camping is being done in a public area I would assume the camping knife would be illegal as well

Leave a comment:

• Jim Macklin
    replied
    Originally posted by ricco View Post

She was possession of a weapon, a knife, possession of weapon is illegal

Self defense and possession of a weapon are different things

Empty hand martial arts in the UK are very popular and from what I have read are practiced more realistically than in the U.S.
    It was a middle aged American woman. Self-defense presumes the possession of a weapon.

Dangerous weapon? Allowed only while camping??

Leave a comment:

• ricco
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim Macklin View Post

Using a weapon in defense is a UK problem. A few years ago a woman from Arizona was on the subway in London, She used a Boy Scout pocket kife for defense against a teenage gang.
    No injuries. She was granted bail and allowed to go home t AZ as long as she promised to returned for trial. Self-defense seems to be illegal.
    She was possession of a weapon, a knife, possession of weapon is illegal

Self defense and possession of a weapon are different things

Empty hand martial arts in the UK are very popular and from what I have read are practiced more realistically than in the U.S.
    Last edited by ricco; 02-09-2019, 02:28.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Macklin
    replied
    Originally posted by ricco View Post
    You are allowed to use "reasonable force" for self defense in the UK

But like so many malleable laws it's really up to the cops and prosecutors as to how they are applied
    Using a weapon in defense is a UK problem. A few years ago a woman from Arizona was on the subway in London, She used a Boy Scout pocket kife for defense against a teenage gang.
    No injuries. She was granted bail and allowed to go home t AZ as long as she promised to returned for trial. Self-defense seems to be illegal.

Leave a comment:

• ricco
    replied
    You are allowed to use "reasonable force" for self defense in the UK

But like so many malleable laws it's really up to the cops and prosecutors as to how they are applied

Leave a comment:

• Jim Macklin
    replied
    Self-defense IS NOT legal in England..

The home is no longer "your castle."

The number of places to vacation is a shrinking world. About 30 states are worth visiting. World-wideI can't think of anyplace worth visiting.

Leave a comment:

• pds45
    replied
    Well what do expect in a country where the capitol city (assuming London) has laws against pointy kitchen knives. I was told by my martial arts instructor more than 30 years ago that damn near anything could be used as weapon if you think about it...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X