Uhmm....Well....Hmm....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uhmm....Well....Hmm....

There should be a reason for the drills we do in a training class but honest this one has me stumped

https://www.facebook.com/StretzTacti...yMDI3NDA0OTEx/
    Last edited by ricco; 02-10-2019, 06:48.
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

I get the safety concerns but taking time out of class to isolate the reload and do it all jacked up? Time wasted and the building of bad ruts, issue compounded.

Where's the development of recognition? How do We typically know when we need to reload? We feel the slide lock to the rear or we don't feel it spring forward as if to seat another round. That is the stimuli that should initiate the reload process. Being able to anticipate this by loading magazines with a predetermined number of rounds or no rounds robs us of this very important stimuli. The mechanics of reloading a magazine aren't difficult, anyone can do it. How many people stand there pulling the trigger on am empty gun before they stop, look at the gun inquisitively before realizing they need to reload? One of many deficiencies of the revolver.

The absence of movement. Why.

I'm guessing the instructor has their reasoning for placing students face to face for this reload drill. The problem is they ignore all the important things in order to focus on things that don't matter all while placing the students in real danger. Risk vs. Reward. In this case there is no reward.

This is why it's so important for instructors to understand self defense beyond the mechanics of just shooting the gun. Beyond the pewpew. Maybe we should start a # movement, #beyondpewpew.
    Last edited by mjkeat; 02-10-2019, 10:30.
    Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Could we say this is closing in on aversion therapy

We aim the pistol at a person and stop short of pulling the trigger, repetition after repetition
      "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

this is insane
        PLAY THE TRUMP CARD IN 2016!!!

Comment

Working...
        X