"BELGIAN MALINOIS - The Most INSANE Dogs On The Planet !"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Not so big Tom View Post
    Cute story. How about an open discussion on post #5?
    As soon as you represent what others say with some semblance of integrity I'm sure others would be more than happy to have a discussion. Show where anyone here said any of what you claimed. It's impossible to have a productive convo woth someone so emotional.
    Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

You are famous for refusing to answer, unless it is an opportunity to mock.

How is that open discussion pledge working out for you?
      Last edited by Not so big Tom; 04-08-2019, 10:45.
      Originally posted by kscardsfan
      Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Again, what about post #5

Until you tell us what you want to have the discussion about it's kinda difficult to do
        "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

You are famous for refusing to answer, unless it is an opportunity to mock.

How is that open discussion pledge working out for you?
          Again, link to a question I haven't answered? I've asked time and time again yet nobody has seemed to be able to do so yet they keep making the claim. People see right through it so it's no concern of mine I'm just really wanting to get things going in a positive direction.

How's the push for open and honest discussion going? Not good because people like you can't seem to stop misrepresenting what others have said.

Why are you such an angry person? Before you blame it on this site, stop, I know better and so do you.

The problem here is obvious and it doesn't have to be. It makes productive conversation all but impossible. I'm not out to get you or make you look silly.

So what about post #5?
          Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

You asked if someone would loan you 40k to buy a Belgian, and I offered. Iím glad you declined because you would ruin the dog. It would be chained to your boat while you were at work bragging about your 40k dog, it would depreciate faster than a new Ram pickup. The working life of one of those dogs is about six years. Thatís why 12 months 150% real estate equity. I might enjoy auctioning your home when you default.

You only want one because you canít have one. You donít deserve K 9 companions. I will sleep like a baby with my throw away pitties at my feet tonight.
            Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

Comment

The working life of one of those dogs is about six years.
              Even shorter for a bomb sniffer, and not because of explosions but getting cancer from the training!
              Its Dave, open up....Dave's not here!

gladium habens libertatem habet

Comment

You asked if someone would loan you 40k to buy a Belgian, and I offered. I’m glad you declined because you would ruin the dog. It would be chained to your boat while you were at work bragging about your 40k dog, it would depreciate faster than a new Ram pickup. The working life of one of those dogs is about six years. That’s why 12 months 150% real estate equity. I might enjoy auctioning your home when you default.

You only want one because you can’t have one. You don’t deserve K 9 companions. I will sleep like a baby with my throw away pitties at my feet tonight.
                So much anger, you know ti doesn't have to be that way

Did you try the deep breathing relaxation exercises I told you about

If you forgot, look at the Mayo Clinic website

Maybe some meditation, a Yoga class would probably be helpful

Exercise is helpful

I have mentioned the ill fated 1996 Mt Everest season, well, one of the climbers suffered from depression and he said that the only time the "black cloud" wasn't over him was when he was climbing, exercise, give it a try

"I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

I like dogs and am not afraid to take on a high energy breed. In fact, I like pets period. Dogs, cats, etc. Hell, I once raised a pet ground squirrel and kept it for 3 years. I also have the property for it, and that makes a large difference. I'm not a big fan of teacup sized breeds but varying temperaments are the key to the reason why dogs and humans cohabitate so very well.

We have an Aussie that is now 6 years old and are thinking of getting her into the some agility competition. It's not because they're "wired for it". They're wired to chase things, and that's about it. We worked with her and spent many, many hours training her. To this day, she still gets a good solid block of attention with learning as an adult. ("Block" depends on how long she can stay focused). She spends most of her morning playing with my in laws Pit, then comes home in the afternoon and gets worked with at night.

Most owners don't devote hours to a puppy or dog daily, making sure it gets socialized properly, or continuing to make sure that it is being engaged daily. Usually they just put them in the yard and/or let them tear up the place.

I believe the pit bull is an example of that. Due to it's popularity in certain social circles, it has become the dog to have by the type of people that don't stick around to see their kids grow up; let alone, spend time working with the dog. I also believe that this combined with its size contributes to the fact that they CAN be very dangerous. You might as well have a muscular, feral dog that gets fed sometimes getting out and roaming about.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that any working breed should be handled more carefully when picked up by animal control. I'm also of the opinion that owners of dogs that hurt other peoples pets, family or person should be held liable for not just the damage but also criminal charges.

My Wife keeps wanting a large working breed. She'll probably get it and we'll end up starting back over again with the puppy training and socialization. That's fine. Unfortunately, it will have to be after knee surgery.
                  Last edited by fixxer; 04-10-2019, 00:13.
                  For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
                  And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
                  And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
                  And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!
                  -Lord Byron (=5 lines)

Comment

My dogs get a lot of hands on and social time. My dogs get way more hours a year than most boats. I can pull raw meat out of their mouths without a worry. Our struggle is aggressive sub ten pound dogs.

Comment

The funny thing about those aggressive sub ten pound dogs is most of them are trainable if worked with from an early age. I raise hunting dogs and my wife has two of those aggressive to strangers sub ten pound dogs. One day when I was force fetching one of my dogs, she said there is no way her precious little ankle bitters could be taught anything like that. A bet resulted and I didn't have the time or patience to out right train her little dog to fully retrieve but I said that in two weeks time I could train her precious to hold a small object in its mouth until I told it to give. I of course picked the one of her two little dogs that had some naturally hunting instincts. That stupid little dog learned to hold a glove in its mouth in less than a week which was as fast if not faster than the two hunting dogs. I said it must have been the Poodle genes in it...if her two little dogs had the same obedience training and effort put forth, they would be much better mannered but because they are so cute and pampered, they do not get the training to make them respect their place in the pack and do the job they are assigned. My two cents on ankle bitters...
                      Last edited by Dmog; 04-10-2019, 17:14.
                      Its Dave, open up....Dave's not here!

gladium habens libertatem habet

Comment

Working...
                      X