NRA Stuff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRA Stuff

There is no “change be NRA from Within...”. That’s the pipe dream (or lie) that keeps the NRA from having to change.

Defund the current NRA Leadership. That’s the only way to create change. Stop donating. Stop paying dues. Let everyone know why. Less than 10% of Gun Owners are Members already... cut the number in half and their system falls apart... then the organization can be rebuilt.
    #changethenra Posted @withrepost • @theadamkraut Earlier this morning, I received word that I was not elected to the NRA Board of Directors.
    I want to express my deepest gratitude to everyone who supported me the last three years. The amount of time and effort many of you put in was nothing short of amazing. I am forever grateful that so many of you believed in me.
    This was never about me obtaining a seat on the Board but about trying to put the organization on a path that reflected our values. I hope that you all continue to remain engaged, communicate your frustrations with the Board directly, look for new candidates that reflect your values and put the same tenacity in your support behind them as you did myself.

#Kraut4NRA #NRA #nationalrifleassociation #nraboardofdirectors2019 #PetitionoftheMembers #amendthebylaws #thefutureisnow #enemywithin #gundamentalist #secondamendment #2a #2ndamendment #RTKBA
    Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Once again, what have you done to change the course of the NRA or 2A? Ever run to be on the board of ANY pro 2A group? Hand out flyers?
    Originally posted by kscardsfan
    Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Not so big Tom View Post
      Once again, what have you done to change the course of the NRA or 2A? Ever run to be on the board of ANY pro 2A group? Hand out flyers?
      As I've shared many times before I chose not to renew my instructor certs and let my membership expire. I also speak about my dissatisfaction with the NRAs lobbying and instruction side when asked or it comes up conversation. Money is the only thing I can see that might force the dinosaurs getting fat over at the NRA to open their eyes, stop pandering to the fudds and actually do something for once in a very long time.

This last go around we saw what happens when someone fresh and motivated to clean house and actually improve the NRA runs. The NRA dogma loving turds got scared as **** because they recognized a threat to their good'ol boy club.

I keep asking for someone to change my mind by pointing out something of substance the NRA has done for national 2A rights but I get no response.

Comment

You tell me what you don’t do, what have you done?
        Originally posted by kscardsfan
        Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

We see this in business, so many retail stores closing

A failure to see trends and provide the innovation necessary to meet a changing marketplace

Look at Best Buy for instance, they took it on the chin for a while but finally changed course now they are thriving, an electronics store thriving in an Amazon world is nothing short of amazing

It's easy to get stuck in old ways, the "it's always worked before" mentality is failing miserably

The NRA's training classes are proof of their refusal to innovate

Sometimes it's about people only wanting to protect their own little piece of pie while everything around them crumbles

I hope the NRA will eventually get some new blood with fresh idea's on board

This is far to important for those so deeply entrenched to think only of protecting their little piece of the pie

Our social construct is changing to quickly for complacency and a "it's always worked before" attitude

I have been a member of the NRA for more than 2/3 of my life and will continue to be a member

It is my belief that without the NRA we would have lost our 2A rights long ago, that being said, the NRA has to be stronger and quicker to be able to better meet the formidable challenges that are most certainly in our future

There are some passionate whip smart young minds that need to be given a chance and as much as I hate to say it, it might be time for some of the oldsters with old ideas to step aside
          Last edited by ricco; 04-11-2019, 01:42.
          "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Ricco is right - despite mkeat's whine, without the NRA, the 2A would likely have been rendered irrelevant long ago - and with it, our constitutional republic. For a government that eliminates the 2nd will also target the 1st Amendment for extinction. As we all know, anyone who wants to disarm you does not have your best interests at heart.

The NRA's not always been the tip of the spear; they were not the prime movers behind Heller and McDonald, for example. But without the groundwork laid by the NRA, Heller and McDonald would never have happened.

They believe they know when, tactically, to be obstinate, and when to give. I may not agree with them, but they understand that it's important to win the fights you take on. Taking on losing fights only diminishes their influence.

And they are truly grass-roots, reflecting their membership. That, of course, is what terrifies the left, who wouldn't know real grassroots if they were standing on it, and who's advocacy "groups" are inevitably astroturf. That is why they have worked so hard the last several years to portray the NRA as the lobby of "arms manufacturers," and not the grass-roots organization they are.

Joining is cheap - $25-$35 a year. The NRA is far and away the largest civil rights organization in the country (approx. 5.5 million members), and the oldest, but hardly the largest lobby; in terms of giving money to politicians, it doesn't even crack the top 50, according to Open Secrets. https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php?cycle=2016 It's numbers are it's clout - and more importantly, the ability to turn out motivated voters. Large numbers of gun owners believe as the NRA does, but don't join out of complacency, or whining that the NRA isn't "no-compromise" enough, or thinking that they're already automatic members when they buy a gun.

mkeat's position is to abandon an organization that doesn't do just as he wants (gosh - have we seen that here? - he insults anyone who fails to endorse his position). The reality is, like in many other spheres, you join, or you die. Gun owners' power in the political sphere, like it or not, is the NRA. No other organization carries its clout, or generates fear when vulnerable politicians cross them.

That the NRA is the chosen target of the left tells you that they're effective - as the saying goes, when you're taking flak, you know you're over the target. And the NRA is always taking flak.
            Last edited by GMC70; 04-11-2019, 16:39.
            "In Heaven there will be no law, and the lion will lie down with the Lamb... In Hell there will be nothing but law, and due process will Be meticulously observed". - Professor Grant Gilmore, Yale Law School

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GMC70 View Post
              Ricco is right - despite mkeat's whine, without the NRA, the 2A would likely have been rendered irrelevant long ago - and with it, our constitutional republic. For a government that eliminates the 2nd will also target the 1st Amendment for extinction. As we all know, anyone who wants to disarm you does not have your best interests at heart.

The NRA's not always been the tip of the spear; they were not the prime movers behind Heller and McDonald, for example. But without the groundwork laid by the NRA, Heller and McDonald would never have happened.

They believe they know when, tactically, to be obstinate, and when to give. I may not agree with them, but they understand that it's important to win the fights you take on. Taking on losing fights only diminishes their influence.

And they are truly grass-roots, reflecting their membership. That, of course, is what terrifies the left, who wouldn't know real grassroots if they were standing on it, and who's advocacy "groups" are inevitably astroturf. That is why they have worked so hard the last several years to portray the NRA as the lobby of "arms manufacturers," and not the grass-roots organization they are.

Joining is cheap - $25-$35 a year. The NRA is far and away the largest civil rights organization in the country (approx. 5.5 million members), and the oldest, but hardly the largest lobby; in terms of giving money to politicians, it doesn't even crack the top 50, according to Open Secrets. https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php?cycle=2016 It's numbers are it's clout - and more importantly, the ability to turn out motivated voters. Large numbers of gun owners believe as the NRA does, but don't join out of complacency, or whining that the NRA isn't "no-compromise" enough, or thinking that they're already automatic members when they buy a gun.

mkeat's position is to abandon an organization that doesn't do just as he wants (gosh - have we seen that here? - he insults anyone who fails to endorse his position). The reality is, like in many other spheres, you join, or you die. Gun owners' power in the political sphere, like it or not, is the NRA. No other organization carries its clout, or generates fear when vulnerable politicians cross them.

That the NRA is the chosen target of the left tells you that they're effective - as the saying goes, when you're taking flak, you know you're over the target. And the NRA is always taking flak.
              Weaksause and you're more than bright enough to know better.

That last paragraph, gold.

4D chess, right?

The 10% is a dying demographic and they seem ok with it. They better get with the program because that 10% is shrinking.

Sacred Cow-ism spent last long and the NRA is proof.

If it wasn't true why do they atrack guys like Kruat a guy who wants to actually make the NRA respectable and powerful again? Because they know they'd be out on their asses because they've grown inept.

What has the NRA done lately except get run over?

Comment

The Norris memes are funny.
                Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
                The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.
                I don't know why I'm better with revolvers, keat so please stop asking.

Comment

Working...
                X