• Show
Clear All

• The Solution To Violence

Become weaker than the person that is trying to kill you

Take away any and every possible means to defend yourself

How simple, I'm surprised it hasn't been tried before

Sri Lanka attacks: Public urged to surrender swords and knives

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-...pP0uU4KaYLlVcI
    Last edited by ricco; 05-09-2019, 18:59.
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

GUNSMOKE

Chester runs/hobbles quickly down the street, shouting "Mr. Dillon, Marshall Dillon!"
    He enters the marshal's office excitedly saying "The outlaws are going to stop the stage 5 miles out of town, what shall we do?"

Marshall Dillon says, "Take the guns away from the passengers to avoid violence."

Anywhere in the world that seems stupid. Yet that is what we do in schools, businesses, and airlines.
    The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
    I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Macklin View Post
      GUNSMOKE

Chester runs/hobbles quickly down the street, shouting "Mr. Dillon, Marshall Dillon!"
      He enters the marshal's office excitedly saying "The outlaws are going to stop the stage 5 miles out of town, what shall we do?"

Marshall Dillon says, "Take the guns away from the passengers to avoid violence."

Anywhere in the world that seems stupid. Yet that is what we do in schools, businesses, and airlines.
      Disarmament is stupid but so are/is quals rooted in bullseye shooting, arbitrary scoring standards, the training most recieve if they recieve any, people's ability to make good decisions especially under stress and so on.
      Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post

Disarmament is stupid but so are/is quals rooted in bullseye shooting, arbitrary scoring standards, the training most recieve if they recieve any, people's ability to make good decisions especially under stress and so on.
        Learning when NOT to SHOOT is critical. Learning that there may be other solutions is also critical.
        Avoiding "bad places" is not cowardliness but good sense.
        Last edited by Jim Macklin; 05-11-2019, 00:20.
        The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
        If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post
          Become weaker than the person that is trying to kill you

Take away any and every possible means to defend yourself

How simple, I'm surprised it hasn't been tried before

Sri Lanka attacks: Public urged to surrender swords and knives

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-...pP0uU4KaYLlVcI
          I'm amazed as well, ricco. It reminds me of the political left's efforts in the 1960's to the 1980's to achieve peace. It was to weaken the US military. Their rationale was that a strong US military was seen as a threat by the Soviets and the Communist Chinese, and the best way to insure peace was to lessen the perceived threat and reduce US military readiness.

Stupid? You betcha. But there were and are people who really think that way.
          Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
          The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.

Comment

Originally posted by gerhard1 View Post

I'm amazed as well, ricco. It reminds me of the political left's efforts in the 1960's to the 1980's to achieve peace. It was to weaken the US military. Their rationale was that a strong US military was seen as a threat by the Soviets and the Communist Chinese, and the best way to insure peace was to lessen the perceived threat and reduce US military readiness.

Stupid? You betcha. But there were and are people who really think that way.
            They don't think, they feel.

Gun control ≠ crime control. But it is sold with that lie. Look at Venezuela to see the real truth. Disarmed, now the people can olny throw rocks at armed troops.

Comment

Working...
            X