Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Ask Amy: My daughter lives with me and owns a gun. Can I kick her out?"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Ask Amy: My daughter lives with me and owns a gun. Can I kick her out?"

    Hard to believe this is real but I got it from the KSRA Facebook page so.......

    Not so much the father, his house, his rules even though he says of his daughter, "Dear Amy: This week, I discovered that my intelligent, hard-working, responsible 24-year-old daughter (who lives with me) is a gun owner! "

    But rather it is the answer from "Ask Amy" it is rife with inaccuracies, in particular, "Dear Dumbfounded: According to my research, possessing hollow-point bullets is illegal in 11 states; is it legal in your state to own this sort of exploding ammunition?"

    Just so much bad information being passed on to an uneducated public

    https://www.omaha.com/livewellnebras...rczHQecsHEDZIQ
    Last edited by ricco; 06-14-2019, 21:06.
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

    "Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

  • #2
    Stupid is epidemic. The daughter seems pretty intelligent. Now, about the father......and Dear Amy. Exploding bullets? Geesh.
    Robert J. McElwain


    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." ~Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334 (C.J.Boyd, Ed., 1950)

    "He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral."
    St. Thomas Aquinas

    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.

    Comment


    • #3
      Well, my 204 ruger hollow points have been known to explode Prairie Dogs...
      Its Dave, open up....Dave's not here!

      gladium habens libertatem habet

      Comment


      • #4
        I thought everybody knew that hollow point bullets don't explode---unless you fill the hollow part with something like paraffin. (Now watch that go viral; they'll want to disallow sale of candles in conjunction with bullets.) Ace2
        Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

        Comment


        • #5
          If you get off Facebook and get a real life, this crap will never touch you.
          Originally posted by kscardsfan
          Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.




          QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Not so big Tom View Post
            If you get off Facebook and get a real life, this crap will never touch you.
            Millions and millions of people like Facebook, Donald Trump likes Facebook, you're the weird one

            "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

            "Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ricco View Post

              Millions and millions of people like Facebook, Donald Trump likes Facebook, you're the weird one
              Lololol... Way more weird ones on FB than not. You're letting the brainwashing affect you too.

              Explains some things though....
              Originally posted by mjkeat;
              The gun you have is better than the gun you don't.

              Comment


              • #8
                Heard Dana Loesch talk about this. Her suggestion was for the daughter to move out
                The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
                If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
                I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jagdawg View Post

                  Lololol... Way more weird ones on FB than not. You're letting the brainwashing affect you too.

                  Explains some things though....
                  So let's see, I read Fox News, Donald Trump, CNN, KSRA, KSCCW and a few others and that's bad, being up to date on what's happening around me is bad?

                  That's not weird, burying your head in the sand and hoping that all the bad stuff will not see you is weird

                  But that's okay, you continue to live life in a fog, most people do
                  Last edited by ricco; 06-15-2019, 14:11.
                  "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

                  "Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ricco View Post

                    So let's see, I read Fox News, Donald Trump, CNN, KSRA, KSCCW and a few others and that's bad, being up to date on what's happening around me is bad?

                    That's not weird, burying your head in the sand and hoping that all the bad stuff will not see you is weird

                    But that's okay, you continue to live life your life in a fog, most people do
                    The gun you have is better than the gun you don't (cue circus music and clown laughter).
                    Failure is an opportunity to learn.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ricco View Post

                      So let's see, I read Fox News, Donald Trump, CNN, KSRA, KSCCW and a few others and that's bad, being up to date on what's happening around me is bad?

                      That's not weird, burying your head in the sand and hoping that all the bad stuff will not see you is weird

                      But that's okay, you continue to live life in a fog, most people do

                      That's all you read???

                      Point is, Facebook is a joke and a piss poor place to get unbiased information. It's a comfort zone for many. A happy place to justify your own measly existence. And, maybe surprisingly to you, not all sources of information are found on interwebs. You guys fall into your holes of comfort, and spew what you think is gospel and the rest of us laugh at the hypocrisy of it all. You're both not as smart as you'd like others to think you are. You have each other fooled...but not the rest of us. Otherwise...and think hard about this ...why do you two catch the most crap. Specifically, in your case...( from self-admited lack of friends) why does nobody like you?

                      You two need to stare long and hard into the self-reflection pool....
                      Originally posted by mjkeat;
                      The gun you have is better than the gun you don't.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by mjkeat View Post

                        The gun you have is better than the gun you don't.
                        Sweet...new tag line.
                        Originally posted by mjkeat;
                        The gun you have is better than the gun you don't.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jagdawg View Post


                          That's all you read???

                          Point is, Facebook is a joke and a piss poor place to get unbiased information. It's a comfort zone for many. A happy place to justify your own measly existence. And, maybe surprisingly to you, not all sources of information are found on interwebs. You guys fall into your holes of comfort, and spew what you think is gospel and the rest of us laugh at the hypocrisy of it all. You're both not as smart as you'd like others to think you are. You have each other fooled...but not the rest of us. Otherwise...and think hard about this ...why do you two catch the most crap. Specifically, in your case...( from self-admited lack of friends) why does nobody like you?

                          You two need to stare long and hard into the self-reflection pool....
                          "That's all you read???" well, right now I'm reading "gun FIGHT" by Richard Nance

                          "You guys fall into your holes of comfort,...", that might be the most idiotic thing I have read in quite awhile, as I have written I try to break out of my comfort zone as often as possible and to the contrary it is you who hides in your comfort zone. I have read nothing from you that makes me believe you ever intentionally make yourself uncomfortable in an effort to improve

                          "You're both not as smart as you'd like others to think you are." In all the posts I have made I challenge you to find ONE where I have said I have a higher IQ than anyone else on this forum. Unlike you and others I don't pontificate, I provide links to people that make a living providing information. If you find the information that I link to useful, great, if you don't that's okay too, I don't gain or lose anything either way

                          "why do you two catch the most crap", that's an easy one. I post things that make people uncomfortable, what I post makes people doubt themselves and rather than being honest with themselves it's easier to blame someone else

                          "Specifically, in your case...( from self-admited lack of friends) why does nobody like you?", I only have a few friends because I like it that way, also, for me to call a person a FRIEND they have to prove their worth, not many can do that. I have lot's of acquaintance's that I associate with regularly. Here is the difference, I will bleed for a friend but an acquaintance, nope they're on their own

                          Hope this clears things up for you

                          Last edited by ricco; 06-16-2019, 06:03.
                          "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

                          "Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Uh... I really didn't care.....
                            But I knew you'd have to respond.
                            Cause - you just have to - like you have something to prove...to an audience that...well, doesnt care about your measly existence on the interwebz.
                            Last edited by jagdawg; 06-16-2019, 05:21.
                            Originally posted by mjkeat;
                            The gun you have is better than the gun you don't.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jagdawg View Post
                              Uh... I really didn't care.....
                              But I knew you'd have to respond.
                              Cause - you just have to - like you have something to prove...to an audience that...well, doesnt care about your measly existence on the interwebz.
                              Sure you care, if you didn't you wouldn't have engaged me in the first place, it's okay you can admit it.

                              When I don't care about something I usually don't even read it much less respond to it, so yeah you care, a lot

                              This is fun, what else ya gonna post
                              "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

                              "Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X