"Ask Amy: My daughter lives with me and owns a gun. Can I kick her out?"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol. No..I don't care.
    You're like an old gun in the back of the safe.
    Every once and a while, I take it out and shoot it.
    Then I get bored with it again, and put it back.
    Originally posted by mjkeat;
    The gun you have is better than the gun you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by jagdawg View Post
      Lol. No..I don't care.
      You're like an old gun in the back of the safe.
      Every once and a while, I take it out and shoot it.
      Then I get bored with it again, and put it back.
      And yet here you are, first thing this morning telling me how much you don't care

"I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Back to the original topic.
        Dad has never needed a firearm for self-defense. So why should his daughter?

Obviously Dad thinks it is OK for his daughter to be raped and murdered.

Let's hope Dad never lives long enough to regret his ignorance and stupidity.
        The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
        If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
        I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Reading the article, Dad says that there have been only (ONLY!) 2 home invasions in the neighborhood in 11 years

If true that would make me nervous about where I was living and being armed seems like a logical thing to do especially if moving to a better neighborhood isn't an option

Dad seems not to have a firm grasp on reality and Dana Loesch is correct the daughter should move
          "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by jagdawg View Post

That's all you read???

Point is, Facebook is a joke and a piss poor place to get unbiased information. It's a comfort zone for many. A happy place to justify your own measly existence. And, maybe surprisingly to you, not all sources of information are found on interwebs. You guys fall into your holes of comfort, and spew what you think is gospel and the rest of us laugh at the hypocrisy of it all. You're both not as smart as you'd like others to think you are. You have each other fooled...but not the rest of us. Otherwise...and think hard about this ...why do you two catch the most crap. Specifically, in your case...( from self-admited lack of friends) why does nobody like you?

You two need to stare long and hard into the self-reflection pool....
            How old are you? I ask because I believe it'll clear up a lot of the reasons behind why you subscribe to the methodology you do.

You're obviously emotional. I get it, you feel as though your chosen methods/techniques are being threatened and/or overrun by new things. I was the same way at one point when I started to realize my Infantry training and experiences in actual combat didn't cut the mustard in my new capacity as a civilian concealing a handgun directly above my pecker-toral muscle.

I also understand that you're right and everyone that doesn't subscribe to what you believe is right, is wrong. I've been there too. What really changed my perspective was a little bit of a reality check and some old fashioned book learn'n.

I'd really suggest you find your way to a class with Craig Douglas and see how your chosen methodology works out. I'm guessing the very next post you share with us would be night and day. Give it a try, you owe it to yourself and those you love.

Originally posted by Jim Macklin View Post
            Back to the original topic.
            Dad has never needed a firearm for self-defense. So why should his daughter?

Obviously Dad thinks it is OK for his daughter to be raped and murdered.

Let's hope Dad never lives long enough to regret his ignorance and stupidity.
            So youll get raped and murdered if you don't carry a gun, fighting off an attack is impossible without a gun? It's dishonesty like this that damages the integrity off the pro firearm/self defense argument.

Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post

I also understand that you're right and everyone that doesn't subscribe to what you believe is right, is wrong. I've been there too. ......................
              'Been there' your left hind cheek! You are there, moved in, bought all the surrounding property, and locked the gates. One of the main reasons you can't be taken seriously.

Oh, dadgummit! I fed the troll again! Now to go do penance. Ace2
              Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post

How old are you? I ask because I believe it'll clear up a lot of the reasons behind why you subscribe to the methodology you do.

You're obviously emotional. I get it, you feel as though your chosen methods/techniques are being threatened and/or overrun by new things. I was the same way at one point when I started to realize my Infantry training and experiences in actual combat didn't cut the mustard in my new capacity as a civilian concealing a handgun directly above my pecker-toral muscle.

I also understand that you're right and everyone that doesn't subscribe to what you believe is right, is wrong. I've been there too. What really changed my perspective was a little bit of a reality check and some old fashioned book learn'n.

I'd really suggest you find your way to a class with Craig Douglas and see how your chosen methodology works out. I'm guessing the very next post you share with us would be night and day. Give it a try, you owe it to yourself and those you love.

So youll get raped and murdered if you don't carry a gun, fighting off an attack is impossible without a gun? It's dishonesty like this that damages the integrity off the pro firearm/self defense argument.
                Women stand a much better odds if they are armed. Planning, caution, and being willing and able to use weapons is important.
                Certainly, if you go through life with 6 six guns and your eyes closed and ears connected to an iPad, you're likely to be raped and murdered.

Since you're male, maybe you'd like to be attacked by a gang of teenaged girls that you could fight off bare handed?
                Last edited by Jim Macklin; 06-16-2019, 22:38.
                The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
                If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post

'Been there' your left hind cheek! You are there, moved in, bought all the surrounding property, and locked the gates. One of the main reasons you can't be taken seriously.

Oh, dadgummit! I fed the troll again! Now to go do penance. Ace2
                  Says the guy who thinks low-ready is a thing, is scared of who might show up to his class because he knows his knowledge of the subject is so weak it couldn't stand up to even the softest of softball questions, thinks contact distance shooting is what they do in those black & white cop shows when they hold the gun at their hip,... I mean come on, should I continue listing the prehistoric trash you subscribe to? Context? What's context? I learned all I needed about civilian self defense as a cop 50 years ago via toe-the-line training and shooting qualification.

The post I made for jaw applies to you as well. The only difference, atleast he has the integrity not to pretend he's a firearms instructor and take advantage of people who don't know any better for his own personal gain.

Its interesting what you choose not to comment on.

Women stand a much better odds if they are armed. Planning, caution, and being willing and able to use weapons is important.
                  Certainly, if you go through life with 6 six guns and your eyes closed and ears connected to an iPad, you're likely to be raped and murdered.

Since you're male, maybe you'd like to be attacked by a gang of teenaged girls that you could fight off bare handed?
                  Better odds at?

"Cetainly" "Likely" to be raped and murdered?
                  Last edited by mjkeat; 06-17-2019, 13:56.

Comment

It seems you just want to ignore what is said.

Maybe you think that nobody should carry a gun? Have you joined Hillary?

Comment

It seems you just want to ignore what is said.

Maybe you think that nobody should carry a gun? Have you joined Hillary?
                      Quite the contrary, I pay close attention to what is said. Maybe you should look deeper into what you're saying.

Comment

Working...
                      X