Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"A Marine vet cut off another driver. Before he could apologize........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "A Marine vet cut off another driver. Before he could apologize........

.....they had shot and killed each other"

" Both men were licensed to carry concealed firearms."

I heard this a long time ago and have tried to live by it, "Men are like steel. When they lose their temper, they lose their worth."~ Chuck Norris

https://www.theblaze.com/news/a-mari...m3LOE47Emj3yic

"I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

These events are sad because they are completely preventable. They were likely lacked the training and practice required to develope a level of skill that would have prevented this. Good decisions aren't everyone's strong suite.
    Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Two childish "adults" who needed keepers or handcuffs.
      The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
      If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
      I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Macklin View Post
        Or how about an education? Wouldn't that be much easier and less infringy like on their rights?

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post

Or how about an education? Wouldn't that be much easier and less infringy like on their rights?
          Childish adults may be well educated but unable to act responsibly. Much like your posts.
          The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
          If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?

Comment

Childish adults may be well educated but unable to act responsibly. Much like your posts.
            Typically, individuals (kids or adults as I've had a fair number of dealing with both in a self defense focused learning environment) who are educated and skilled have much more cognitive and physical abilities. They have more control over their emotions, make better and faster decisions under greater amounts of stress and so on.

I'm not talking about them doing or not doing what I think is right so therefore they're wrong. It's about time people begin to be able to tell the difference.

Comment

Typically, individuals (kids or adults as I've had a fair number of dealing with both in a self defense focused learning environment) who are educated and skilled have much more cognitive and physical abilities. They have more control over their emotions, make better and faster decisions under greater amounts of stress and so on.

I'm not talking about them doing or not doing what I think is right so therefore they're wrong. It's about time people begin to be able to tell the difference.
              I was listening to a Tom Givens interview, he was going over some of the self defense incidents in which his students had been involved

In the wrap up Givens was asked about the level of training of these students

Givens said they had all received modest training and he also said that his students that had received advanced training rarely were involved in self defense incidents

Thought that was interesting
              "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

Comment

Agreed, James; this was a maturity issue. Period.
                Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
                The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.
                I don't know why I'm better with revolvers, keat so please stop asking.

Comment

Originally posted by gerhard1 View Post
                  Agreed, James; this was a maturity issue. Period.
                  I'm glad you also saw that too. Thank you!

Comment

I'm glad you also saw that too. Thank you!
                    Immaturity, that is a given

What this also goes to show is what an utter failure CCW classes alone are in preparing people for real world encounters

And yes, I know that is not what CCW classes are designed to do and people are supposed to seek out more advanced training but as we see 99% of CCW's don't do that, do they

What we see in this article is the result of a lack of advanced CCW skill building

As I and mjkeat have said many times, there is more to this CCW stuff than just gee gaws and the pew pew

But shucks and golly even after years of posting CCW failures only a very few believe THEY need training 'cause that kinda stuff can never happen to them

Comment

I'm guessing the better one understands what can or might happen and what's likely required of them along with the aftermath of such an encounter aren't probably going to get involved with such nonsense.

Comment

Or, how about simple common sense? That would have prevented this. The marine could have watched his driving and a little bit better, and the idiot in the other vehicle could have taken the mistake in stride and blown it off. See how easy that was? Training, while it is desirable, was not an issue here, It was, as Macklin has said, a lack of maturity, nothing else.
                        Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
                        The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.
                        I don't know why I'm better with revolvers, keat so please stop asking.

Comment

Originally posted by gerhard1 View Post
                          Or, how about simple common sense? That would have prevented this. The marine could have watched his driving and a little bit better, and the idiot in the other vehicle could have taken the mistake in stride and blown it off. See how easy that was? Training, while it is desirable, was not an issue here, It was, as Macklin has said, a lack of maturity, nothing else.
                          You just don't get it and unfortunately never will because you don't want to.

Yes he could have watched his driving. How about we go a step further and say he could have put the phone down while driving. Again, I'm guessing if they understood the ramifications of their actions a little better they wouldn't have done the things they did. Education. What kind of person argues against education.

Oh, and I'm a member over on the S&W forum, stop spreading your BS over there. You got dumped on your head here over your lack of understanding then ran over there? The cycle of bad information needs to stop. Be a man about it. Put aside your need for whatever it is for the sake of not exposing others to bad information. Remember this is a subject that can come down to life or death. I don't want to have to start posting over there.

See how easy that was? Kick rocks.

You say training is desirable. That's but a small part of the skill development cycle. How's that working for you?
                          Last edited by mjkeat; 06-18-2019, 09:26.

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post

Immaturity, that is a given

What this also goes to show is what an utter failure CCW classes alone are in preparing people for real world encounters

And yes, I know that is not what CCW classes are designed to do and people are supposed to seek out more advanced training but as we see 99% of CCW's don't do that, do they

What we see in this article is the result of a lack of advanced CCW skill building

As I and mjkeat have said many times, there is more to this CCW stuff than just gee gaws and the pew pew

But shucks and golly even after years of posting CCW failures only a very few believe THEY need training 'cause that kinda stuff can never happen to them
                            Mature judgement is the most important developed skill. It means that you don't get offended over trivialities. It means you know the law and avoid trouble.
                            You drive carefully and avoid being a cause of road age.
                            You take a deep breath and hold your temper.
                            If you marry or are dating a Playboy model you can't take offensde if some guys says "she's hot." If your daughter is hot, same thing. Words can't mkea you mad.
                            If your car gets a scratch, fix it.
                            Fist fight and or gun battles are not the way. Fighting is for serious, real threats.

Comment

You just don't get it and unfortunately never will because you don't want to.

Yes he could have watched his driving. How about we go a step further and say he could have put the phone down while driving. Again, I'm guessing if they understood the ramifications of their actions a little better they wouldn't have done the things they did. Education. What kind of person argues against education.

Oh, and I'm a member over on the S&W forum, stop spreading your BS over there. You got dumped on your head here over your lack of understanding then ran over there? The cycle of bad information needs to stop. Be a man about it. Put aside your need for whatever it is for the sake of not exposing others to bad information. Remember this is a subject that can come down to life or death. I don't want to have to start posting over there.

See how easy that was? Kick rocks.

You say training is desirable. That's but a small part of the skill development cycle. How's that working for you?
                              You don't get it. Mature judgement and better driving skills and conflict resolution are more or at least just as important as CCW skill on a range or training room.

Comment

Working...
                              X