• Show
Clear All

• This Is Why You Mind Your Own Business

So you think you hear something going on down the street, do you,

A. Get another beer and and slice of pizza and watch Big Bang Theory

or

B. Get a pistol and go wandering around in the dark looking for a problem

A, the answer is always A!!!!!

He could have avoided all of this by answering A!!!!!

Trial judge overturns guilty verdict in Bellingham self-defense case

https://www.bellinghamherald.com/new...#storylink=cpy

"I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

The answer is dial 911
    The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
    I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Macklin View Post
      The answer is dial 911
      Why involve yourself in something that's none of your business
      "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post

Why involve yourself in something that's none of your business?
        If you see trouble, such as what happened at Disney, making a call to 911 is appropriate. Same if you see a traffic accident oe pedestrian-car or bicycle.
        The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
        If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?

Comment

If you see trouble, such as what happened at Disney, making a call to 911 is appropriate. Same if you see a traffic accident oe pedestrian-car or bicycle.
          To each his own, I see no reason to get involved in some else's affairs

Comment

Avoiding physical risk to yourself is the goal. But a 911 does not risk your body. It could be a family beat down, it coud be a SD and you don't know who is the victim or instagator.
            Call 911 and let the cops do something.

If it is a kid in the river, are you willing to risk drowning to save the kid? Maybe it is a car being washed down a canal, let the occupants drown or dial 911.

If you where a victim wouldn't you want someone to cal for help even if they were unable to risk there body.
            Good reasons to not get physically involved. Your family needs you more than the victim you might save with a 911 call.

Comment

Just watched the fight at Disney that you mentioned

No, I would have exited the area and went on with my life, you call the police, you become a witness, being a witness only brings problems

Comment

Just watched the fight at Disney that you mentioned

No, I would have exited the area and went on with my life, you call the police, you become a witness, being a witness only brings problems
                True... But being a witness MIGHT save a life. At least a witness gets paid a fee in some states/courts.

Comment

True... But being a witness MIGHT save a life. At least a witness gets paid a fee in some states/courts.
                  How does being a witness for LEO during an investigation save life?
                  Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

The toilet bowl aka KCMO has had 73 murders so far this year, 10 more than this time last year

So what does that have to do with being a "witness", the police are having a difficult time solving all these murders because no one will talk to them

KCMO had a TIP line, apparently no one used it so they offered money for tips and got very few takers, they offered more money with the same result

The money for tips is now at $25,000.00 and again the same result

$25,000.00 for a tip isn't working, not for being a witness (that's a whole big bucket of problems all on it's own), just tips, what could the problem be, let's think about that some shall we

Comment

The toilet bowl aka KCMO has had 73 murders so far this year, 10 more than this time last year

So what does that have to do with being a "witness", the police are having a difficult time solving all these murders because no one will talk to them

KCMO had a TIP line, apparently no one used it so they offered money for tips and got very few takers, they offered more money with the same result

The money for tips is now at $25,000.00 and again the same result

$25,000.00 for a tip isn't working, not for being a witness (that's a whole big bucket of problems all on it's own), just tips, what could the problem be, let's think about that some shall we

Many if not most murders are gang related. Gangs don't talk.
                      Wichita has had a big increase in "gun violence" which means gangs and drugs are surging.
                      Non-gang members are likely to be witnesses and if they don't "be a witness" crime will increase. That crime is te excuse for more laws against us.

Your choice.

Comment

You've hit the standard responses, keep thinking

Comment

Thirty, maybe longer, years ago a woman was attacked for an hour on the streets of NYC. Nobody called the cops. She died.

Kansas should not be NYC.

Comment

If I see something, even if I don't intervene directly, I'll at least call the police. Not to do so is unethical and un-Christian. I agree with Macklin here.
                            Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
                            The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.
                            I don't know why I'm better with revolvers, keat so please stop asking.

Comment

Why involve yourself in something that's none of your business

Because we are fellow human beings. Because you harden your own heart when you turn away from someone in need when you have the means to help.

Because we're called to be better than that. Because that's what separates us from them.

Because that is what we are called to do. Luke 10:25-37;
                              "In Heaven there will be no law, and the lion will lie down with the Lamb... In Hell there will be nothing but law, and due process will Be meticulously observed". - Professor Grant Gilmore, Yale Law School

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                              X