• Show
Clear All

• He Had A "BUG"

It didn't help, he got shot

As we have talked, "timing and distance" win fights

Deception by feigning compliance

Deception and/or distraction are important skills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7HBWaquS3A
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Interesting. Deception can be useful, I think I brought this up a while back.
    Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
    The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.
    I don't know why I'm better with revolvers, keat so please stop asking.

Comment

Originally posted by gerhard1 View Post
      Interesting. Deception can be useful, I think I brought this up a while back.
      We both have, but it get's passed over with little notice
      "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

Comment

I saw an old WANTED DEAD or ALIVE this week. A kid was playing 3 card Monty and had a dog that woukd bark and jump around if a tune was whistled. A distraction. Let the kid palm the winning card and place another card.

Throw your keys, carry a dummy wallet to throw down, even getting behind cover can be a distraction.
        Last edited by Jim Macklin; 07-10-2019, 02:58.
        The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
        If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
        I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Macklin View Post
          I saw an old WANTED DEAD or ALIVE this week. A kid was playing 3 card Monty and had a dog that woukd bark and jump around if a tune was whistled. A distraction. Let the kid palm the winning card and place another card.

Throw your keys, carry a dummy wallet to throw down, even getting behind cover can be a distraction.
          Throwing is a little to overt and might get an unwanted reaction, subtle distractions work better

Comment

Is movement not a distraction plus some?
            Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post

Throwing is a little to overt and might get an unwanted reaction, subtle distractions work better
              True, it depends on whether there is a robbery or a kidnapping-killing planned. What you do depends.

Movement if they are not watching you closely might trigger a stabbing-shooting. If they look away, at another victim or at a ringing phone they may be distracted.

Every robber/killer is different so what distracts them will be different.

That's why cops work in teams when they can.

The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
              If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
              I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post
                Is movement not a distraction plus some?
                Moving your body, yes

Making your opponent look one direction while you move the other direction is better still

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post

Moving your body, yes

Making your opponent look one direction while you move the other direction is better still

Remember when you were in school and your buddies attempted to trick you? Made you look, then they'd laugh. How often were they successful? In my personal, not very often. I wonder how what percentage of the world's population has never played such a game. Absolutely it can work, not arguing that.

I wonder how effective movement is when it's unexpected and the BG thinks I'm going to just stand there and comply as compare to movement after the BG realizes I'm not going g to just stand there and not act in my defense.

I should add that I'm just spitballing here for the sake of conversation and thoroughness.

In bass fishing if the bass won't eat you have to make them. How do you do that? You exploit their natural instincts. Bass are instinctual feeders. If you present a crankbait with rattles in a manner in which they can see or feel (lateral line) it coming they may have time to think about it first. If you burn a silent crankbait in a manner in which they don't see it coming, perhaps throw it behind them then retrieve it at a fairly brisk rate, when it passes in front of them they just react. Since they don't have hands they end up with a mouth full of treble hooks.
                  Last edited by mjkeat; 07-10-2019, 14:14.
                  Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Remember when you were in school and your buddies attempted to trick you? Made you look, then they'd laugh. How often were they successful? In my personal, not very often. I wonder how what percentage of the world's population has never played such a game. Absolutely it can work, not arguing

Yeah, it worked, usually a type A, a student athlete, dumbass held back and 18 months older than the rest of the class, or a budding sociopath product of divorce. They pick on humble kids that follow rules.

Wanna fool them, pull a gun and shoot the **** out of them.
                    Originally posted by kscardsfan
                    Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

I wonder how effective movement is when it's unexpected and the BG thinks I'm going to just stand there and comply as compare to movement after the BG realizes I'm not going g to just stand there and not act in my defense.
                      Lot's can be done with facial expression and eye movement

Dr Jordan Peterson was talking about how we read people's eye's intuitively, so if it's available to us why not use it

It's not that difficult to make people believe there someone or something behind them

It's all about buying just a little bit of time

A quarter head turn get's us a .25 -.50 of second, if we have practiced loading the legs for movement we can move as much as two steps or 5 feet off the BG's muzzle in that half second

Comment

Working...
                      X