Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Pa. woman, 22, fires 12 shots inside Walmart after being Ďjumpedí by 2 females...."

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Pa. woman, 22, fires 12 shots inside Walmart after being Ďjumpedí by 2 females...."

Revenge isn't self defense

If anyone wonders why I continue to post this nonsense, it's because people go to CCW classes but don't seem to pay attention

"Alston has two guns legally registered to her, as well as, a valid concealed carry permit, cops told KDKA."

"The video shows Alston having her hair pulled by the victim and the other woman in the electronics section of the store. During the fight, an unknown man who was with Alston tries to break it up, to no avial."

"Thatís when Alston reaches into her purse and pulls out a gun. The eventual shooting victim and her cousin run away in different directions."

"Alston fires at least four shots at the fleeing cousin before shooting at the victim, hitting her in the leg and hand."

"She faces charges of attempted criminal homicide and aggravated assault."

Attorney Andrew Branca was talking about this and said that Alston is looking at 40 years if convicted

https://www.pennlive.com/daily-buzz/...tion-cops.html

"I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

A CCW class is about WHEN NOT TO SHOOT.
    The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
    I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Macklin View Post
      A CCW class is about WHEN NOT TO SHOOT.
      The emphasis in my SDA class was on restraint as well. Various scenarios were presented to us such as a cafe we are in being robbed. Do we shoot or not? I said it depends on whether the robber was shooting and I advised not shooting unless the BG was. The instructor agreed. That was one example.

ricco has a valid point about not being a hero, but I think that he takes the idea to an unreasonable extreme. Albert Seedman who was in charge of the Kitty Genovese case in 1964, made the point that if just one of the three dozen witnesses had called it in that Miss Genovese would have likely survived, because the killer came back and finished her off about a quarter of an hour later.

Reporting a crime can save an innocent life.
      Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.
      The Pale Horse available on Amazon for your digital reader.
      I don't know why I'm better with revolvers, keat so please stop asking.

Comment

Originally posted by gerhard1 View Post

The emphasis in my SDA class was on restraint as well. Various scenarios were presented to us such as a cafe we are in being robbed. Do we shoot or not? I said it depends on whether the robber was shooting and I advised not shooting unless the BG was. The instructor agreed. That was one example.

ricco has a valid point about not being a hero, but I think that he takes the idea to an unreasonable extreme. Albert Seedman who was in charge of the Kitty Genovese case in 1964, made the point that if just one of the three dozen witnesses had called it in that Miss Genovese would have likely survived, because the killer came back and finished her off about a quarter of an hour later.

Reporting a crime can save an innocent life.
        Just depends on your tolerance for problems that can be avoided

I have reached a point in my life where my tolerance for problems that can be avoided is zero, don't want any of it, just want to be left alone

Difference between 1964 and now is that in 1964 the police didn't now who called them, but now the police know and you will get a knock on your door, if you're okay with all the problems that will bring that then you should make the phone call
        Last edited by ricco; 07-12-2019, 19:06.
        "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

Comment

Originally posted by ricco View Post

Just depends on your tolerance for problems that can be avoided

I have reached a point in my life where my tolerance for problems that can be avoided is zero, don't want any of it, just want to be left alone

Difference between 1964 and now is that in 1964 the police didn't now who called them, but now the police know and you will get a knock on your door, if you're okay with all the problems that will bring that then you should make the phone call
          WOW!!! I kept hoping that I was missing something, but it appears that I didn't. You would actually let someone be murdered because of the problems that calling 9-1-1 might entail.

WOW!!
          Taceant colloquia. Effugiat risus. Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae.

Comment

WOW!!! I kept hoping that I was missing something, but it appears that I didn't. You would actually let someone be murdered because of the problems that calling 9-1-1 might entail.

WOW!!
            Who is more important, you or a stranger, a stranger that you have no clue about

There is a reason no one wants to be a witness, even when it pays money to do so, how are you not understanding that

It's easy to sit back in the relative safety of "Small Town" USA and be critical of others opinions

But go right ahead and get involved if you want, for me it's the same as always, mouth closed and eyes forward, trouble avoided

I wonder..........tell ya what, come to KCMO and take drive Saturday night and if you see something bad happen, call the police, let us know how it worked out for you
            Last edited by ricco; 07-12-2019, 21:37.

Comment

WOW!!
              A totally self centered bastard that thinks he is the forum guru. Maybe now you can see who he is, and lump him in with TMK. Never understood why you gave him a chance, human filth.
              Originally posted by kscardsfan
              Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Not so big Tom View Post

A totally self centered bastard that thinks he is the forum guru. Maybe now you can see who he is, and lump him in with TMK. Never understood why you gave him a chance, human filth.
                Hey, stinky's back

Comment

Gary is a nice person, Iíve met him a few times. Iím not surprised he gave you a chance. So, stinky is your new handle?
                  Originally posted by kscardsfan
                  Grain of salt hell, I'm taking it with a salt block from the feed store. Thats a big bunch of crap there.

QUOTE=mjkeat;n1101496]****ing stupid.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Got a story for ya stinky, I think you'll like it

So I'm leaving the the store and I look to my left and see a BG (appearing) type, he's just wandering

He's walking toward me, I look at him, just an acknowledgement not a challenge and turn away

So I leave the store, get the stuff in the truck and what do I see about 25 yards away

Our BG (appearing) type has left the store and is walking straight toward a middle age plus woman who is walking toward the store

I'm thinking this might not be good so I reach for the phone

They pass each other with no incident

Apparently he wasn't a BG or at least not a BG at that time

And then guess what, the dumbass woman that I was concerned about, stops, turns and stares hard at our BG (appearing) type

I'm thinking how did she get this old being that stupid, she's away clean, no problem, but instead of just walking into the store she pulls a stupid stunt like that

I toss the phone in the a seat and drive on, when I pass her she's still staring at the BG (appearing) type who is walking away

Some people.........right
                    Last edited by ricco; 07-16-2019, 02:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Not so big Tom View Post
                      Gary is a nice person, Iíve met him a few times. Iím not surprised he gave you a chance. So, stinky is your new handle?
                      That's quite a wit you have stinky, try to keep up cause you're just embarrassing yourself

Don't know if gary is a nice person or not, why would I care

Comment

Tom, I see what you're saying.

Comment

I see you two haven't excepted my challenge. Why am I not surprised.
                          Last edited by mjkeat; 07-16-2019, 05:44.
                          Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Tom, I see what you're saying.
                            You see what he is saying about what"

That he said I am "human filth", I didn't think you liked people using distasteful words and you said we should all get along, I did my part

Not one time have I ever called anyone here such a vile thing and yet when your pack buddy uses uses such hateful language you agree

So what's up, is your short term memory not working or did you never mean what you said, got to be one of the two

Comment

ricco, you are self-centered. That's what I could see in what Tom was saying. I can see where you'd think I was agreeing with his other characterization, but I wasn't. I should have made that clear. I apologize for not doing that.

Comment

Working...
                              X