Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Flag

Just listened to Trump, he's pushing Red Flag Laws

We were talking yesterday about what regulations would come from these active shooter events, there had to be something

Dunno, Red Flag laws are no worse or better than the people implementing them

We always start with the understanding that man is flawed so everything man does will have flaws, we will see
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Red Flag laws are in the same column as Hate Crime laws---useless and unnecessary, but handy for the anti-whatever crowd. Judges already have the power to order 'red flag' type of people to give up anything the lawyers can convince the judge they shouldn't have. Just another bite of the cake to preemptively take away Constitutional rights. Ace2
    Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
      Red Flag laws are in the same column as Hate Crime laws---useless and unnecessary, but handy for the anti-whatever crowd. Judges already have the power to order 'red flag' type of people to give up anything the lawyers can convince the judge they shouldn't have. Just another bite of the cake to preemptively take away Constitutional rights. Ace2
      It's a "We have to do something" mentality

Some believe they can alter the nature of man

Again, evil will always find a way
      "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

Comment

Trump and the NRA, the 2A champions.
        Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

We've seen more gun control in 2 1/2 years of Trump than in 8 years of Obama.

Anyone who studied Trump could have predicted it. And many did.
          "A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have."
          Barry Goldwater

Originally posted by rgroves
          If the anti's and their buttboys in the press were honest with themselves about the number of armed and angry Americans - they'd lose control of their bowels.
          Originally posted by Ace
          Birdshot is for hunting birds. Big buck or slugs for social work. If you're gonna use birdshot for defensive purposes, you might as well carry a .32 or .380 as a primary handgun, too. Ace2

Comment

Regardless, Trump will still be better than any of the Dem's

And no, no libertarian has a chance of becoming president

But feel free to fantasize all you want

Comment

Here's what Trump is promoting now. Imagine this in the hands of a gunphobic official.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...onfined-2019-8
              "A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have."
              Barry Goldwater

Originally posted by rgroves
              If the anti's and their buttboys in the press were honest with themselves about the number of armed and angry Americans - they'd lose control of their bowels.
              Originally posted by Ace
              Birdshot is for hunting birds. Big buck or slugs for social work. If you're gonna use birdshot for defensive purposes, you might as well carry a .32 or .380 as a primary handgun, too. Ace2

Comment

this crap always happens when something horrific happens. Red flag laws are just an excuse. The shooter in Dayton was again a known entity. Again. Not sure about El Paso. What new law, red or not will prevent these events when people, including LE say and do nothing. Blaming a friggin appliance is easier.
                I'm probably on the list. Don't laugh. So are you!
                Multi-Tasking is great until you actually have to accomplish something.
                I quit playing by other peoples rules. They are not written with my best interests in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by pds45 View Post
                  this crap always happens when something horrific happens. Red flag laws are just an excuse. The shooter in Dayton was again a known entity. Again. Not sure about El Paso. What new law, red or not will prevent these events when people, including LE say and do nothing. Blaming a friggin appliance is easier.
                  There isn't a law I can think of that will stop these things from happening. Maybe a law having to do with the prescribing (incorrectly/over) of psychotic meds?
                  Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by mjkeat View Post

There isn't a law I can think of that will stop these things from happening. Maybe a law having to do with the prescribing (incorrectly/over) of psychotic meds?
                    I don't know for sure but I would imagine these drugs are already quite regulated. I know that my doctor's office has signs posted that they will not prescribe for pain maintenance drugs any longer. Because of the liability I imagine. Psych drugs might be similar. In any case these events cannot be prevented by adding one or twenty more laws in addition to the thousands already on the books. Cold blooded murder is already illegal in every civilized country on the planet. I understand that people are upset and seeking solutions. But I fear that desperate people will do desperate things in the blind hope that something will help. It won't but a lot of people may be harmed in the process. This is not a gun problem (as we all know), nor is it a legal problem. It is a culture problem.
                    I'm probably on the list. Don't laugh. So are you!
                    Multi-Tasking is great until you actually have to accomplish something.
                    I quit playing by other peoples rules. They are not written with my best interests in mind.

Comment

About 60 years ago a distant relative who was English but lived in Africa told me about the action taken to stop the MauMau Communist rebellion.

They passed a law REQUIRING people to be armed
                      The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
                      If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
                      I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Working...
                      X