Media and reported news

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media and reported news

It seems lots of news reports are edited. It may be just for time or space. But it might be to slant.

The El Paso killer is reported to have picked victims who looked Mexican. This is blamed on President Trump.

But is any of it true?

HuffPo reported on his manifesto as including that he was triggered by OAC and warnings about global warming climate change. I don't know what some idiot thinks.

In Springfield, MO another idiot went to a Walmart to see if they allowed firearms. But he also wore the camo and body armor "uniform" and got arrested for something. Maybe he "thought" it was OK since he didn't shoot anybody. But a terrorist threat and fear is enough for a felony charge. It is what the witnesses think that matters more than your intentions. What and how the media reports it may or may not include all the facts Media says "fireman stopped the guy." Some reports say "retired fireman." Some say he was licensed t carry and held the guy at gun point.

News has to be interpreted because it often isn't reported in detail. If you listen to network news and local news on the same radio you might hear the local news report the same event differently than the network.

Of course we expect CNN/NBC/CBS to report a different slant than FOX, but even FOX has reporters with different leanings.
    The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
    I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Along that line--should we believe Epstein really committed suicide? Ace2
    Sometimes the term 'Idiot' is a description and not an insult.

Comment

I agree Jim.
      The easiest way to bias any story is to omit the facts that do not fit your narrative. Then you move forward for the spin by "paraphrasing" with selective nouns. If you are HLN, you state the shooter opened fire with an ASSAULT RIFLE. If you're Fox news, you say the shooter used a sporting rifle. If you're following social media, the shooter is whatever you want to believe he/she was and whatever you want to believe they did. It's like reading one of those "pick your own ending" books on fakebook.

If you're an idiot, you worry more about the weapon than the person(s).

After all, if a thug or a closet looney didn't have immediate access to the weapon, he or she would have just went to work and forgotten the whole plan... Just ask Bernie.

I'd like an expedient judicial process for idiots who want to be domestic terrorists. By no means do I mean that they shouldn't get their right to a fair trial. What I mean is that their needs to be infrastructure in place ahead of time to deal with the fact that statistically they will not be wasting their time showing up to court. Injunctions need to be scrutinized. Stays of execution need to be ruled upon immediately and not next year so the people on death row end up dying of natural causes before they get the injection.

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
      And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
      And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
      And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!
      -Lord Byron (=5 lines)

Comment

I have a solution, don't watch the news. It saves time and energy for focusing on those things that actually matter.
        Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
          Along that line--should we believe Epstein really committed suicide? Ace2
          Did Justice Scalia die a death from natural causes?
          The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
          If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?

Comment

But have the media looked into why the guy drove 600 miles across Texas to El Paso from Allen tx? Pretty sure there are plenty of Latinos in Allen. I find the lack of curiosity on the part of media disturbing. And that clown in Springfield was conducting a 'social' experiment? How about a little experiment in common sense, sensitivity, and empathy. Or maybe he is full of BS and went into the store loaded for bear but just couldn't get past the last mental step to commit yet another atrocity. Then that decision was taken out of his hands by the CCW guy. You'd think the media would be curious about that also.
            I'm probably on the list. Don't laugh. So are you!
            Multi-Tasking is great until you actually have to accomplish something.
            I quit playing by other peoples rules. They are not written with my best interests in mind.

Comment

Reading the manifesto it seems the combination of social change anf climate/environmental change set the guy off. He doesn't appear to be well educated. He was triggered by OAC as mu ch as Trump. The media had a big part in this, fanning the flames.

Comment

Working...
              X